1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat lady
(b) A fat man
(c) A green and yellow iguana
(d) A green and yellow parrot
2. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He gets a telegraph.
(b) He cannot read it with any
(c) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
(d) He gets a telephone call.
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He likes old news, not current news.
(b) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(c) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(d) He is a slow reader .
4. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) The local priest
(b) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(c) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
(d) Robert LeBrun and his wife
5. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has taken swimming lessons .
(b) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(c) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(d) She has bathed at a bad time.
This section contains 5,347 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)