1. What is singing in French and a little Spanish?
(a) A fat man
(b) A green and yellow iguana
(c) A fat lady
(d) A green and yellow parrot
2. Why does Mr. Pontellier stop reading his newspaper?
(a) He gets a telephone call.
(b) He gets a telegraph.
(c) He cannot read it with any
(d) His back hurts and he is uncomfortable.
3. Why is Mr. Pontellier reading a day-old newspaper?
(a) He is a slow reader .
(b) He is too cheap to buy the day's paper.
(c) The day's paper has not yet reached the Grande Isle.
(d) He likes old news, not current news.
4. Who approaches Mr. Pontellier underneath a white sunshade?
(a) The local priest
(b) Robert LeBrun and his wife
(c) Madame Lebrun and her son Robert
(d) His wife, Mrs. Edna Pontellier and the young Robert Lebrun
5. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(b) She has bathed at a bad time.
(c) She has taken swimming lessons .
(d) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
This section contains 5,347 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)