|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pearson's theory in Chapter 20, who are generally less aggressive?
2. Which of Pearson's archetypes cheers the older person as he takes himself less seriously?
3. Which word best describes "androgynous"?
4. Which of Pearson's archetypes must put duty above desire?
5. What, mainly, does Pearson say is the sphere of creativity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify and define the two types of love Pearson discusses in Chapter 12.
2. Briefly discuss the association Pearson makes between love and death.
3. How does Pearson say androgyny could be helpful to a man?
4. Compare the United States to other nations. How does Pearson see America's view of culture, and which archetype does she say it emphasizes?
5. Briefly discuss the difference Pearson outlines between a good Ruler and a bad one
6. Explain a modern day example Pearson gives of a Magician archetype.
7. Which two archetypes does Pearson call pivotal in childhood and why?
8. Why does Pearson say it is important to study many cultures?
9. Why does Pearson say the Lover is important to the Fool?
10. What does the Magician archetype symbolize? Why does Pearson say it offends some people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is objective writing? Is Pearson's book an example of objective writing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the two archetypes that Pearson says are most affected by gender.
Essay Topic 3
What is tradition? Discuss tradition as it applies to Pearson's archetypes in this book.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)