|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gender does Pearson claim is geared to develop more within relationships?
2. Who does Pearson say can be a caregiver, but also feel the strength of a warrior?
3. Which of Pearson's archetypes reflects the wisdom that the person has amassed in his lifetime?
4. Which archetype does Pearson say can end in the brutality of rape?
5. Which of Pearson's archetypes are men typically trained in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the difference Pearson outlines between a good Ruler and a bad one
2. Which two archetypes does Pearson claim affect the mid-life period? Briefly explain the effects they have.
3. How does Pearson say society has impacted the roles that men and women are expected to play?
4. Compare the United States to other nations. How does Pearson see America's view of culture, and which archetype does she say it emphasizes?
5. How does Pearson explain the difference between stereotypes and archetypes?
6. What is the negative aspect of Eros in a mentoring situation based on Pearson's example in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Pearson say the Lover is important to the Fool?
8. Briefly discuss the association Pearson makes between love and death.
9. What does Pearson claim are the extremes of the Fool archetype? Briefly explain.
10. Define androgyny and explain its importance to this book.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Regarding stages of the journey, discuss the dual importance of the Fool. What does Pearson believe would happen without the fool in both circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
What is a Jungarin? Discuss in detail the person for which the term was named and his/her relevance to this book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the archetypes Pearson says are during the journey discussed in this book. Explain the importance of each.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)