|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearson say people must listen to if they want to learn to be creative?
2. Which personality trait does Pearson say is known to intensify pain through negativity, nasty name-calling, and other ways?
3. Why does Pearson say people should learn about other cultures?
4. Which of Pearson's archetypes grows up by falling in love with people and ideas?
5. Which word means "genderless"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pearson say androgyny could be helpful to a man?
2. What are the traditional gender roles discussed by Pearson in Chapter 19?
3. Why does Pearson say it is important to study many cultures?
4. What does Pearson say are characteristics of the Ruler archetype?
5. Where does Pearson say creativity is mainly located, and what is the key to creativity?
6. What two archetypes are important during old age, and why does Pearson say they are important?
7. What is the negative aspect of Eros in a mentoring situation based on Pearson's example in Chapter 12?
8. Explain a modern day example Pearson gives of a Magician archetype.
9. Which two archetypes does Pearson say are pivotal in adolescence and why?
10. Compare the United States to other nations. How does Pearson see America's view of culture, and which archetype does she say it emphasizes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name Pearson's twelve archetypes. Select three to write about in greater detail.
Essay Topic 2
What does Pearson call the negative side of an archetype? Select four of the twelve archetypes and explain their negative sides.
Essay Topic 3
What is androgyny? What does Pearson say about it in this book? Explain her reasoning.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)