|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Pearson, is the traditional warrior of the family?
2. Who was Parsifal?
3. Using Pearson's theory, if a person is a kingdom, which archetype advises it?
4. Which personality type does Pearson say is vital in the return from the journey?
5. In which journey does Pearson's theory say the seeker participates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Carl Jung, and what is his importance to this book?
2. What does Pearson claim to be the role of the Trickster?
3. What are the negative aspects of the Caregiver discussed in Chapter 9?
4. What are the negative aspects of the Warrior that Pearson discusses in Chapter 8?
5. What does Pearson say is the negative side to the Innocent archetype?
6. According to Pearson, what three aspects of personality must be respected throughout the hero's journey?
7. Briefly describe a metaphor for Pearson's journey of life.
8. What are some positive aspects Pearson discusses about the Destroyer archetype?
9. Why does Pearson say it is important for a person to have a strong ego? What problems might a weak ego cause?
10. Briefly describe "The Symposium." Who wrote it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes Pearson qualified to write this book? Has she written others?
Essay Topic 2
List five of the ten concepts of Existentialism. How do they relate to Pearson's archetypes in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Name Pearson's twelve archetypes. Select three to write about in greater detail.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)