|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7 what might an orphan turn to when disappointed?
2. What does Pearson say is the positive side of an Orphan archetype?
3. At a higher level, which archetype does Pearson say can learn to take care of others like themselves?
4. According to legend what was inside the Holy Grail?
5. According to Chapter 7, what two things might cause disappointment for the orphan archetype?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the negative aspects of the Warrior that Pearson discusses in Chapter 8?
2. What are the four archetypes Pearson says make up the preparation for the journey?
3. What special role does Pearson say the Fool archetype plays?
4. What does Pearson say is the negative side to the Innocent archetype?
5. What does Pearson say are the traditional archetypes for men and women and how has time changed those?
6. What does Pearson say happens when an orphan refuses to be rescued?
7. Explain the "shadow" discussed in this book, and give one example that Pearson gives of a shadow.
8. How does Pearson define "soul"? What is the importance of ego to a soul?
9. What two important roles does Pearson say the Fool fulfills?
10. What are the four archetypes that Pearson says make up the journey itself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Jungarin? Discuss in detail the person for which the term was named and his/her relevance to this book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the archetypes Pearson believes are needed upon completing the journey in this book. Explain the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
What is tradition? Discuss tradition as it applies to Pearson's archetypes in this book.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)