|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which archetype does Pearson say can end in the brutality of rape?
(a) Shadow love.
(b) Shadow control.
(c) Positive ruler.
(d) Positive love.
2. Which of Pearson's archetypes are women typically trained in?
3. Which archetype does Pearson say is involved in ritual action?
4. Why does Pearson say people should learn about other cultures?
(a) To learn a new hobby.
(b) For extra credit.
(c) To learn a new skill.
(d) For enrichment.
5. According to Pearson, who can learn to have society be more peaceful?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word means "genderless"?
2. Which culture does Pearson claim emphasizes freedom?
3. Which archetype's path does Pearson describe as the path of the soul, not the ego?
4. According to Pearson, what do all people need to get in touch with?
5. What, mainly, does Pearson say is the sphere of creativity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain a modern day example Pearson gives of a Magician archetype.
2. Briefly discuss the association Pearson makes between love and death.
3. Define androgyny and explain its importance to this book.
4. What does the Magician archetype symbolize? Why does Pearson say it offends some people?
5. Why does Pearson say it is important to study many cultures?
6. What two archetypes are important during old age, and why does Pearson say they are important?
7. What are the two shadow types of the Sage that Pearson gives? Explain them briefly.
8. Which two archetypes does Pearson say are pivotal in adolescence and why?
9. Which two archetypes does Pearson call pivotal in childhood and why?
10. Identify and define the two types of love Pearson discusses in Chapter 12.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)