|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is that which is shown by the five senses?
2. What does Pearson say a good Ruler can help others develop?
(a) A creative solution.
(b) A business plan.
(c) Their own talents.
(d) A good speech.
3. According to Pearson, what can white people learn from African Americans?
(b) Cultural crafts.
(c) How to relax more.
(d) Appreciation for heritage.
4. In the "old times," what role does Pearson say the wife played in a family?
5. In modern times, what does Pearson say is the typical role of a husband in the family?
(a) Warrior and Lover.
(b) Ruler and Warrior.
(c) Magician and Ruler.
(d) Warrior and Caregiver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which archetype does Pearson say has responsibility for his own life and for others?
2. What, mainly, does Pearson say is the sphere of creativity?
3. What does the reader learn in Chapter 20 has occurred during society's upheavals?
4. Which of Pearson's archetypes reflects the wisdom that the person has amassed in his lifetime?
5. In modern times, what does Pearson say is the typical role of a wife in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Identify and define the two types of love Pearson discusses in Chapter 12.
2. What are the two shadow types of the Sage that Pearson gives? Explain them briefly.
3. Which two archetypes does Pearson say are pivotal in adolescence and why?
4. Where does Pearson say creativity is mainly located, and what is the key to creativity?
5. What does Pearson say are characteristics of the Ruler archetype?
6. Which two archetypes does Pearson claim affect the mid-life period? Briefly explain the effects they have.
7. How does Pearson say society has impacted the roles that men and women are expected to play?
8. What does Pearson claim are the extremes of the Fool archetype? Briefly explain.
9. Why does Pearson say the Lover is important to the Fool?
10. How does Pearson say androgyny could be helpful to a woman?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)