|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which does Pearson say is a shadow form of love?
2. Which of Pearson's archetypes are men typically trained in?
3. According to Pearson, what can white people learn from African Americans?
(a) How to relax more.
(b) Cultural crafts.
(c) Appreciation for heritage.
4. What, according to Pearson, is a healthy result of fully developed archetypes?
(a) Fewer heart attacks.
(b) Lower weight.
(c) Less stress.
5. According to Pearson, what do all people need to get in touch with?
(a) Their primal man or woman.
(b) Their innocent archetype.
(c) The opposite gender.
(d) Their ruler archetype.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cultural theory does Pearson emphasize?
2. Which archetype does the story of Tristan and Isolde in Chapter 12 reflect?
3. Which of Pearson's archetypes cheers the older person as he takes himself less seriously?
4. What is that which is shown by the five senses?
5. How does Pearson want to define human identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pearson claim are the extremes of the Fool archetype? Briefly explain.
2. What two archetypes are important during old age, and why does Pearson say they are important?
3. Explain a modern day example Pearson gives of a Magician archetype.
4. What are the two shadow types of the Sage that Pearson gives? Explain them briefly.
5. Which two archetypes does Pearson call pivotal in childhood and why?
6. How does Pearson explain the difference between stereotypes and archetypes?
7. Briefly discuss the difference Pearson outlines between a good Ruler and a bad one
8. How does Pearson say androgyny could be helpful to a man?
9. Which two archetypes does Pearson claim affect the mid-life period? Briefly explain the effects they have.
10. What are the traditional gender roles discussed by Pearson in Chapter 19?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)