|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the four basic archetypes discussed in Chapter 9?
2. In which journey does Pearson's theory say the seeker participates?
(a) The return.
(b) The remembrance.
(c) The journey itself.
(d) The preparation.
3. What is the first element that Pearson says the self forms on its journey through life?
4. According to Pearson, how many archetypes operate in a person's consciousness?
(b) Just one.
(c) Only 2.
(d) All of them.
5. How many paths are there on Pearson's journey to fulfillment?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pearson, which archetype is what most people identify with when they think of a person being a hero?
2. Which biblical character discussed in Chapter 3 dreams he is fleeing and climbing a ladder to heaven?
3. In Chapter 5, what kind of sidekick does Pearson say a hero often has?
4. Pearson says which group of people is known for its idealism?
5. Which personality type does Pearson say wants a persona that is friendly to the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two important roles does Pearson say the Fool fulfills?
2. Explain the "shadow" discussed in this book, and give one example that Pearson gives of a shadow.
3. What are the negative aspects of the Caregiver discussed in Chapter 9?
4. Which of Pearson's archetypes is present at the beginning of the hero's journey and what are its characteristics?
5. What are the four archetypes Pearson says make up the preparation for the journey?
6. How does Pearson explain the difference between the id and the Fool?
7. Explain Pearson's thoughts about the "midlife crisis."
8. What does Pearson claim to be the role of the Trickster?
9. What does Pearson say is the negative side to the Innocent archetype?
10. What are some characteristics of the Innocent archetype outlined by Pearson?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)