|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which does Pearson say is a shadow form of love?
2. What term does Pearson say best describes what people believe in a positive fashion about different cultures?
3. What does Pearson say people must listen to if they want to learn to be creative?
4. Which archetype does Pearson say can end in the brutality of rape?
(a) Shadow love.
(b) Positive ruler.
(c) Positive love.
(d) Shadow control.
5. Which word best describes "androgynous"?
(b) Shadow mental
6. Which archetype does Pearson say is typically used by the adolescent to rebel against adults and try new things?
7. According to Chapter 13, what is key to making a person creative?
8. According to Pearson, what can women learn from men?
9. Which gender does Pearson claim is geared to developing individual values?
(a) Both men and women.
(b) Neither men nor women.
10. Who does Pearson say can exhibit the strength of a warrior and still be a gentle caregiver?
11. Which word means "genderless"?
12. Which archetype does Pearson say uses riddles and parables to express the truth and is engaged in finding truth?
13. Which of Pearson's archetypes can be a type of healer and can be a priest or other religious official?
14. What, according to Pearson, is a healthy result of fully developed archetypes?
(a) Fewer heart attacks.
(b) Less stress.
(c) Lower weight.
15. According to Pearson, when must a person must let go of responsibility and then life?
(c) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Pearson's archetypes grows up by falling in love with people and ideas?
2. What does Pearson say ancient gods and goddesses use to achieve what they want?
3. According to the author, what is a type of disinterested love for ideas or different qualities, love for beauty, truth, mankind or even for God?
4. In modern times, what does Pearson say is the typical role of a wife in the family?
5. Which archetype does Pearson say tends to dominate in leading people such as business leaders and politicians?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)