|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which archetype's path does Pearson describe as the path of the soul, not the ego?
2. Which of Pearson's archetypes are women typically trained in?
3. Which archetype does Pearson say is typically used by the adolescent to rebel against adults and try new things?
4. Which archetype does Pearson say is characterized by sudden changes?
5. Which does Pearson say is a shadow form of love?
6. Which word best describes "androgynous"?
(a) Shadow mental
7. Which of Pearson's archetypes reflects the wisdom that the person has amassed in his lifetime?
8. What, according to Pearson, is a healthy result of fully developed archetypes?
(a) Fewer heart attacks.
(c) Less stress.
(d) Lower weight.
9. How does Pearson believe other cultures differ from American culture?
(a) The others emphasize connections of people and their society
(b) The others emphasize money.
(c) Americans emphasize money.
(d) Americans emphasize connections of people and their society.
10. Who does Pearson say can exhibit the strength of a warrior and still be a gentle caregiver?
11. What is the Greek word for love?
12. According to Chapter 13, what is key to making a person creative?
13. According to Pearson, what can women learn from men?
14. Who does Pearson say can be a caregiver, but also feel the strength of a warrior?
15. Which archetype does Pearson say tends to dominate in leading people such as business leaders and politicians?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is a type of disinterested love for ideas or different qualities, love for beauty, truth, mankind or even for God?
2. Which culture does Pearson claim emphasizes freedom?
3. Which of Pearson's archetypes can be a type of healer and can be a priest or other religious official?
4. Which negative personality trait does Pearson say might create an axiomatic system of thought in which he does well?
5. Which archetype does Pearson describe as the voice of experience?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)