|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what kind of sidekick does Pearson say a hero often has?
2. What does Pearson say is the inner sense of a person?
3. Which archetype does Pearson explain might change to the Orphan after a painful experience?
(a) The follower.
(b) The innocent.
(c) The seeker.
(d) The ruler.
4. What opportunity does Pearson believe is the positive side of the orphan archetype present?
(a) A chance to be creative.
(c) The chance to be rescued by a leader.
(d) A new start on the journey of life.
5. According to Pearson, which archetype seems to have extra energy?
6. What, according to Pearson, can lead people to a profound sense of abandonment?
(a) Bad choices.
7. In which journey does Pearson's theory say the seeker participates?
(a) The preparation.
(b) The return.
(c) The journey itself.
(d) The remembrance.
8. What is the first element that Pearson says the self forms on its journey through life?
9. Pearson says that In stories before the Judeo-Christian ones, a god is dismembered and loses what?
(a) A sacred ring.
(b) Male sex organ.
(c) A book.
(d) A sword.
10. According to Chapter 9, what one word best describes the kind of games to negative caregivers play?
11. Using Pearson's theory, if the person is a kingdom, which archetype is its leader?
12. Which archetype does Pearson use the Biblical Children of Israel represent?
(a) The fool.
(b) The follower.
(c) The ruler.
(d) The seeker.
13. What philosophy does Martin Heidigger follow?
14. Pearson says when orphans get to the point where they refuse to be rescued, they struggle to gain something. What do they struggle to gain?
15. According to Pearson, which personality type's cynical realism can be an antidote to naive faith?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paths are there on Pearson's journey to fulfillment?
2. Where does Pearson say that both self and soul rest?
3. Which archetype does Pearson say might deny reality and never know what is going on around him?
4. Which archetype does Chapter 9 say is often taken for granted by others?
5. Which children's story discussed in Chapter 3 symbolizes activity in the soul?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)