|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which personality type does Pearson say wants a persona that is friendly to the world?
2. According to Pearson, what is the part of people that has instinctual desires?
3. To which of Pearson's archetypes is the ability to tell right from wrong essential?
4. Who wrote "The Rebel"?
(a) Albert Camus.
(d) Cashius Clay.
5. Which archetype, according to Pearson, expresses a human's deepest desires?
6. What kind of concept of soul does Pearson share?
7. What does Pearson say is the positive side of an Orphan archetype?
(a) They acknowledge their pain and deal with it.
(b) They are usually creative types.
(c) Inner turmoil builds character.
(d) There isn't one.
8. What opportunity does Pearson believe is the positive side of the orphan archetype present?
(a) A new start on the journey of life.
(b) The chance to be rescued by a leader.
(c) A chance to be creative.
9. Which personality type helps in preparation for the journey discussed by Pearson?
10. Which archetype does Pearson use the Biblical Children of Israel represent?
(a) The seeker.
(b) The ruler.
(c) The fool.
(d) The follower.
11. According to Pearson, who is the caretaker and warrior of a modern family?
(b) Both mother and father.
12. What does Pearson say that the negative Warrior seeks for its own sake?
(d) A leader.
13. According to Pearson, which personality type helps in the journey itself?
14. Which archetype does Chapter 9 say is often taken for granted by others?
15. In Chapter 5, what kind of sidekick does Pearson say a hero often has?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which archetype does Pearson say allows a person to "let go" of responsibility?
2. At a higher level, what does Pearson say two orphans can do?
3. As discussed in Chapter 7, if an orphan becomes so dominated by a feeling of pain, what might the pain become?
4. Which children's story discussed in Chapter 3 symbolizes activity in the soul?
5. Which personality type is NOT addressed in the book?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)