|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Innocent, Chapter 7, The Orphan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, what two things might cause disappointment for the orphan archetype?
(a) Self and organizations.
(b) Locations and travel.
(c) Mother and father.
(d) People and institutions.
2. According to Pearson, which personality type's cynical realism can be an antidote to naive faith?
3. Which archetype, according to Pearson, expresses a human's deepest desires?
4. Which archetype does Pearson say allows a person to "let go" of responsibility?
5. As discussed in Chapter 7, if an orphan becomes so dominated by a feeling of pain, what might the pain become?
(a) The topic of a good novel.
(b) Inspiration for a better life.
(c) Their sense of identity.
(d) A source for pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. At a higher level, which archetype does Pearson say can learn to take care of others like themselves?
2. Pearson says orphans can learn to work together as _____.
3. Pearson says when orphans get to the point where they refuse to be rescued, they struggle to gain something. What do they struggle to gain?
4. What, according to Pearson, is established by personality types of the Innocent, the Orphan, the Caregiver, and the Warrior?
5. Using Pearson's typical hero example in Chapter 5, which archetype does the typical hero generally not express himself?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)