|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Rumon and Finian that there is trouble?
(a) A local merchant running from the scene.
(b) A young Cornish child.
(d) A bishop.
2. What kind of a ruler is Ethelred?
3. Which country does regular trade with Greenland in 1000?
4. What does Merewyn and her husband raise on their land?
(d) Sheep and horses.
5. What does Merewyn tell the Abbot she wants?
(a) Lodging for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erik tell Ketil when Ketil finds him in the evening?
2. What does Merewyn want Sigurd to do while at the Althing?
3. How long is it since the Viking raid at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. When does the Abbess interview the nuns?
5. Where does Merewyn take her aunt's heart after her aunt dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Merewyn, Orm, and Thora received at the hostel at Glastonbury Abbey?
2. What did the Abbess Merwinna request of Merewyn?
3. What did Orm feel for his mother once Orm sold the Bylgia to the Bristol Thane, Odo?
4. How does Merewyn describe Thorbjorg, the seeress from Brattalid?
5. How did Ketil react to Merewyn's plea for him not to go a-viking anymore?
6. Why did Orm stiffen when the porter at Glastonbury Abbey referred to the Vikings as "dreadful Danes?"
7. How does Merewyn's mother-in-law, Asgerd feel about Merewyn?
8. Where was Merewyn's interview and what was Merewyn doing with Abbess Merwinna when the Abbess told Merewyn that she couldn't be accepted into the novitiate?
9. What is Thora, Merewyn's daughter, like in June of 1000?
10. What did Merewyn tell the porter at Glastonbury Abbey that got her in to see the Abbot?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)