|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story is "Avalon?"
(a) A biographical story.
(b) A historic story.
(c) An autobiographical story.
(d) An epic story.
2. What is Breaca's dying wish?
(a) That Merwyn be named to the King's Court.
(b) That Merewyn be married to Rumon.
(c) That Merewyn be taken to her aunt, Uther's sister, in Shaftsbury.
(d) That Merewyn be told the truth of her identity.
3. How does Court refer to Alfrida after King Edgar dies?
(a) The Witch.
(b) Old Lady.
(c) They don't refer to her as anything because they do not acknowledge her.
(d) The former Queen.
4. What does Breaca make Rumon promise?
(a) That he will not tell her daughter that she is a Viking.
(b) That he will marry her daughter.
(c) That he will get aid from the monastery for them.
(d) That he will not leave them.
5. Who does Rumon see Alfrida give a cup to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Rumon drink the second poison?
2. Who does the Prior think Rumon is when the Prior first meets him?
3. Why do the Viking ships not go ashore and attack the Abbey?
4. What does King Edward ask Alfrida through Gunner?
5. Why does Sister Herluva run to find Merewyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the feast of the Assumption, how does Merewyn describe the Abbey's gardens as she sat in them beside Elfled on the well curb?
2. Is Breaca, Merewyn's mother, crazy as Rumon thinks she is when he meets her at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Why was the thought of Merewyn painful for Rumon as he talked to Dunstan outside his guesthouse rooms at Glastonbury Abbey?
4. Describe Brother Finian.
5. What happened between Alfrida and Alfhere when Alfhere burst into Alfrida's bower after he heard that Ethelred would not attend Edward's Coronation?
6. How does Dunstan describe the scene that he came upon that led him to take Rumon to Glastonbury Abbey two weeks after the coronation?
7. How does Queen Alfrida look when she arrives in the Great Hall to meet Merewyn and Rumon?
8. What did Rumon say to Merewyn in his letter that he sent to her at the Abbey?
9. Why did Rumon leave his homeland?
10. Describe Caw when he is first introduced in Chapter 1.
This section contains 1,578 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)