|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do those whom the King has summoned find when they arrive at Court?
(a) That the King has had just had a male heir.
(b) That the King is getting married.
(c) That the King is dying.
(d) That the castle was being attacked by Vikings.
2. Who kneels throughout Edward's requiem mass in black homespun clothes?
3. Who presents Rumon to the King?
(b) Queen Edgive.
(c) Archbishop Dunstan.
(d) Queen Alfrida.
4. How long did Rumon stay at Glastonbury Abbey?
(a) One month.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
5. Why do Rumon and Merewyn suspect that Merewyn's mother is dead?
(a) Because she is not breathing.
(b) Because they check her pulse.
(c) Because they find her with a knife stuck in her chest.
(d) Because they see no smoke rising from the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edward die?
2. When Merewyn sees Gunnar Thoredsson at the Abbey, how does he look?
3. The novel follows the history of England's raids by whom?
4. Why did the King dispatch Earl Athelwald of East Anglia to do?
5. Who is the Queen of England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elfled describe the dream she had to Merewyn while in Ramsey Abbey's garden on the feast of the Assumption?
2. Describe Rumon's appearance when he first meets Merewyn.
3. What did Rumon say to Merewyn in his letter that he sent to her at the Abbey?
4. What kind of person is Earl Alfhere, Lord of all Mercia, when he is introduced in Chapter 3? What does he look like?
5. How has Merewyn changed since she first came to work for Alfrida in the Queen's Bower?
6. What terrible events followed very soon after Edward's Coronation?
7. What was Rumon's nightmare on Christmas night after Alfrida had made time to see him earlier in the day?
8. Why was the thought of Merewyn painful for Rumon as he talked to Dunstan outside his guesthouse rooms at Glastonbury Abbey?
9. What happened when Edward's body thane, Gunnar, is sent to Alfrida on Coronation Eve?
10. On the feast of the Assumption, how does Merewyn describe the Abbey's gardens as she sat in them beside Elfled on the well curb?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)