|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Gunnar bear?
(a) That 7 shiploads of Vikings are on their way for plunder.
(b) That he is leaving for Norway.
(c) That Alfrida is dying.
(d) That he is to be married.
2. When Merewyn sees Gunnar Thoredsson at the Abbey, how does he look?
(a) He looks tired and sad.
(b) He has a beard that ages him slightly and the devotion that was once in his eyes is gone.
(c) He looks as if demons have possessed him.
(d) He looks sick and angry.
3. What other name is Romieux de Provence known by?
(b) King Edgar.
(d) Robert of Provence.
4. How does Merewyn react to Rumon's betrothal?
(a) By telling him that she is in love with him.
(b) By telling him he is either mad or bewitched - or both.
(c) By sobbing.
(d) By telling him she's very happy for him.
5. Whom does the King summon shortly after Dunstan's and Rumon's discussion?
(b) Dunstan and Rumon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Herluva run to find Merewyn?
2. What does King Edward ask Alfrida through Gunner?
3. What does Merewyn receive from Rumon in Chapter 7?
4. Who are the two main characters?
5. What does Rumon's vision convince him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the monastery behind the small church that is dedicated to St. Petroc look like when Rumon saw it for the first time?
2. How did Rumon decorated his rooms in the Glastonbury Abbey guesthouse during the 2 years he lived there?
3. Why was the thought of Merewyn painful for Rumon as he talked to Dunstan outside his guesthouse rooms at Glastonbury Abbey?
4. What happened between Alfrida and Alfhere when Alfhere burst into Alfrida's bower after he heard that Ethelred would not attend Edward's Coronation?
5. Describe Caw when he is first introduced in Chapter 1.
6. Why did Rumon leave his homeland?
7. How does Elfled describe the dream she had to Merewyn while in Ramsey Abbey's garden on the feast of the Assumption?
8. Describe Merewyn when she first encounters Rumon.
9. How does Queen Alfrida look when she arrives in the Great Hall to meet Merewyn and Rumon?
10. Is Breaca, Merewyn's mother, crazy as Rumon thinks she is when he meets her at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)