|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Alfrida want to make at dinner that evening after Yuletide?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) That she is leaving for the convent the following day.
(c) Her love for Edward.
(d) Her engagement to Rumon.
2. How does Merewyn react to Rumon's betrothal?
(a) By telling him he is either mad or bewitched - or both.
(b) By telling him that she is in love with him.
(c) By sobbing.
(d) By telling him she's very happy for him.
3. What news does Gunnar bear?
(a) That he is to be married.
(b) That he is leaving for Norway.
(c) That 7 shiploads of Vikings are on their way for plunder.
(d) That Alfrida is dying.
4. What does Rumon try to get from the monks?
(a) The deed to the land that they stole from him.
(b) All their gold.
(c) A blessing.
(d) Some sort of aid for the house of Uther.
5. Who did King Edgar marry instead?
(d) Eneda, the daughter of another Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rumon's vision convince him of?
2. Who sent Rumon to Glastonbury Abbey?
3. When Merewyn sees Gunnar Thoredsson at the Abbey, how does he look?
4. How does Rumon react to the appearance of the Queen?
5. How does Rumon differentiate the Prior from the other monks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dunstan describe the scene that he came upon that led him to take Rumon to Glastonbury Abbey two weeks after the coronation?
2. How did Dunstan, Archbishop of Canterbury, look when Rumon first sees him?
3. Describe Brother Finian.
4. Why was the thought of Merewyn painful for Rumon as he talked to Dunstan outside his guesthouse rooms at Glastonbury Abbey?
5. How has Merewyn changed since she first came to work for Alfrida in the Queen's Bower?
6. Describe Rumon's appearance when he first meets Merewyn.
7. Detail Rumon's vision at Tre-Uther.
8. What terrible events followed very soon after Edward's Coronation?
9. How did Alfrida act toward Edward in the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. How does Elfled describe the dream she had to Merewyn while in Ramsey Abbey's garden on the feast of the Assumption?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)