|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odo use to purchase things for Merewyn?
(b) 2 horses.
(c) A cloak.
2. What does Erik tell Ketil when Ketil finds him in the evening?
(a) That Erik sailed west to a land where grasslands bordered a central ice cap.
(b) That Erik's wife was expecting their 5th child.
(c) That Ketil should not have looked so hard for him because Erik would have found Ketil.
(d) That Ketil looked old and tired.
3. Ketil rides around on his horse looking for whom at "Logberg"?
(a) Erik the Red.
4. What does Merewyn want Sigurd to do while at the Althing?
(a) Release her from her promise.
(b) Stay sober.
(c) Get baptized.
(d) Become a member of the group.
5. Who does Merewyn see coming up the road on horseback as she waves good-bye to Asgerd?
(a) Rumon and Jorund, his companion.
6. Who asks to join King Sweyn?
(b) Erik the Red.
7. What does Rumon tell Merewyn when they sit down at twilight?
(a) He must go.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He wants her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
8. How does Merewyn feel toward Elgifu?
(a) She resents her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She loves her like a sister.
(d) She feels pitty but she never really warms to the Queen.
9. How does King Ethelred decide to solve the problem of the Viking attacks?
(a) He has his Thanes slaughter the Vikings.
(b) He offers his youngest daughter to Canute in marriage.
(c) He decides to pay Sweyn to stop attacking England.
(d) He has his Thanes set fire to the Viking ships.
10. What does the Abbess speak of to the nuns during the interviews?
(a) The nuns lack of courage.
(b) The nuns lack of faith that God will protect them.
(c) The nuns final vows.
(d) Devotion and Faith.
11. What does Merewyn ask the Abbess while the Bishop is at the Abby?
(a) Merewyn asks if she may leave the Abbey.
(b) Merewyn asks if she may marry.
(c) Merewyn asks the Abbess permission to enter the nunnery.
(d) Merewyn asks if she may go back to Uther.
12. What mountains does Merewyn have a view of from her home?
(a) The Icelandic Alps.
(b) The Pyrenees.
(c) The Urals.
(d) The Hafnarfell.
13. Who tells Rumon and Finian that there is trouble?
(a) A local merchant running from the scene.
(b) A young Cornish child.
(d) A bishop.
14. When do Finian and Rumon first sense that something is wrong on their journey to find Merewyn?
(a) When they reach Tre-Uther.
(b) When they reach the Camel River.
(c) When they come across a burned shop.
(d) When they reach the church.
15. What does Merewyn tell the Abbot she wants?
(c) Lodging for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held every year on the eastern plain of Reykjavik?
2. What does the Abbot think Merewyn and her group want?
3. What has happened to Merewyn since she was taken by the Vikings?
4. What does Erik the Red have for his son?
5. What does Sigurd make Orm promise before Sigurd dies?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)