|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rumon stay at Glastonbury Abbey?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
2. Who presents Rumon to the King?
(b) Queen Edgive.
(c) Archbishop Dunstan.
(d) Queen Alfrida.
3. What do those whom the King has summoned find when they arrive at Court?
(a) That the King has had just had a male heir.
(b) That the castle was being attacked by Vikings.
(c) That the King is dying.
(d) That the King is getting married.
4. With whom does Dunstan suggest that Rumon marry and have children?
5. What did Athelwald tell the King about Earl Ordgar's daughter?
(a) The girl was the most beautiful and most gracious he had ever encountered.
(b) The girl was skinny, pock marked, ill mannered and altogether unsuitable for a King.
(c) She was already married and with child.
(d) She refused to see him.
6. What did Dunstan attempt to do?
(a) Lead the Viking raids.
(b) Marry Merewyn.
(c) Bring the masses to a Christian life.
(d) Care for plague victims.
7. Who does Edward wed?
(a) Gunner's sister, Elgifu, daughter to the Earl of Yorkshire.
8. What does Breaca make Rumon promise?
(a) That he will not tell her daughter that she is a Viking.
(b) That he will get aid from the monastery for them.
(c) That he will not leave them.
(d) That he will marry her daughter.
9. How does Rumon differentiate the Prior from the other monks?
(a) Ruman can't tell the Prior from the other monks.
(b) The Prior introduces himself immediately.
(c) The Prior is the fattest.
(d) The Prior is the one in deepest prayer.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where is Merewyn living?
(a) With Alfrida.
(b) At Glastonbury Abbey.
(c) With her aunt, the Abbess Merwinna at Romsey.
(d) At Uther.
11. How old was King Edgar?
12. Why does Sister Herluva run to find Merewyn?
(a) Merewyn is late for prayers.
(b) Merewyn has run away.
(c) The sister has a message for Merewyn.
(d) The Abbess has taken a fainting spell and is asking for Merewyn.
13. Who celebrates Edward's requiem mass?
(a) Bishop Ethelwold alone.
(b) Dunstan and Bishop Ethelwold.
(c) There is no mass. Edward is buried quickly.
(d) Archbishop Dunstan alone.
14. How does Merewyn react to Rumon's betrothal?
(a) By sobbing.
(b) By telling him she's very happy for him.
(c) By telling him he is either mad or bewitched - or both.
(d) By telling him that she is in love with him.
15. How does Alfrida react to the insistence that Ethelred go to the coronation?
(a) She hits Alfhere in the face with all her might.
(b) She locks herself in her Bower.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She breaks down and sobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Archbishop feel about the Queen?
2. What does Alfrida do to surprise Rumon shortly after Yuletide passes?
3. What does Rumon ask Merewyn in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Rumon see Alfrida give a cup to?
5. Why is Rumon lost?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)