|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Viking ships not go ashore and attack the Abbey?
(a) The severe storm sinks the Vikings.
(b) They lose their way.
(c) They are stopped by English fighters.
(d) They take thunder and a bolt of lightening as a sign that Thor is angry.
2. What is Dunstan suggesting to Rumon after his stay at Glastonbury Abbey?
(a) That Rumon go back to France.
(b) That Rumon leave the Queen alone.
(c) That Rumon find someone to marry.
(d) That Rumon return to Court.
3. Why do Rumon and Merewyn suspect that Merewyn's mother is dead?
(a) Because they check her pulse.
(b) Because they find her with a knife stuck in her chest.
(c) Because she is not breathing.
(d) Because they see no smoke rising from the chimney.
4. Who are the two main characters?
(a) Gundred of Roche and Breaca of Uther.
(b) Queen Edgive of Arles and King Edgar of England.
(c) Merewyn of Uther and Romieux de Provence.
(d) Caw and Trig.
5. What did Dunstan attempt to do?
(a) Lead the Viking raids.
(b) Bring the masses to a Christian life.
(c) Care for plague victims.
(d) Marry Merewyn.
6. Who does Rumon see Alfrida give a cup to?
7. Who did King Edgar marry instead?
(d) Eneda, the daughter of another Earl.
8. What does Merewyn receive from Rumon in Chapter 7?
(a) A castle.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A deed to land in France.
9. What is mixed into Rumon's draught?
(d) Rat poison.
10. Why doesn't Rumon drink his draught?
(a) It has a musty tang.
(b) He decided he wasn't thirsty.
(c) He did drink it.
(d) It was the wrong drink.
11. How does the Archbishop feel about the Queen?
(a) He wished she would love him as much as he loves her.
(b) He doesn't trust her.
(c) He is struck by her beauty.
(d) He loves her as much as all her subjects.
12. What happens to make the Council want to crown King Edgar's choice to succeed him?
(a) Their love for King Edgar.
(b) The Queen.
(c) They see that Edward is the best choice.
(d) A miracle.
13. What does Merewyn hope her prayers will accomplish?
(a) They will help her ailing mother
(b) They will reveal her true love.
(c) They will help her find her way back home.
(d) They will cure her of her ailments.
14. Who insists that Ethelred go to the coronation?
(b) Earl Alfhere.
15. Why does Merewyn leave home?
(a) To be married.
(b) She is making a pilgrimage to St. Gundred's Well at Roche.
(c) To visit her sister at the convent.
(d) To go to the King's Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breaca of Uther tell Rumon about the monks?
2. Who sent Rumon to Glastonbury Abbey?
3. What news does Gunnar bear?
4. Where does Rumon say he wants to take Alfrida?
5. How old was King Edgar?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)