|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Queen Alfrida lose her status at Court?
(a) Because she has already remarried.
(b) Because she treated Edward badly.
(c) Because she did not support his coronation.
(d) Because she is not a blood relation to Edward.
2. Where does Rumon take the Queen after the King's death?
(a) To his room.
(b) Back to her bower.
(c) To the royal garden.
(d) To the chapel to pray.
3. Why does Merewyn leave home?
(a) To be married.
(b) She is making a pilgrimage to St. Gundred's Well at Roche.
(c) To go to the King's Court.
(d) To visit her sister at the convent.
4. What does Alfrida do to surprise Edward shortly after Yuletide passes?
(a) She apologizes for not treating him properly when she became his stemother.
(b) She accepts the invitation to his upcoming wedding.
(c) She tells him that she has always secretly loved him.
(d) She tell him that she is going to the convent.
5. How does Alfhere deal with Alfrida's behavior?
(a) He comforts her.
(b) He hits her back.
(c) He breaks down the door.
(d) He brutally rapes her.
6. What does the Prior tell Rumon about Merewyn?
(a) That she is his illigitimate daughter.
(b) That she is of Viking descent.
(c) That she is a witch.
(d) That she is descended from royal blood as she claims to be.
7. Who colonized Greenland?
(c) Lief Ericson.
(d) Eric the Red.
8. What kind of story is "Avalon?"
(a) A historic story.
(b) An epic story.
(c) An autobiographical story.
(d) A biographical story.
9. What does Breaca make Rumon promise?
(a) That he will not tell her daughter that she is a Viking.
(b) That he will get aid from the monastery for them.
(c) That he will marry her daughter.
(d) That he will not leave them.
10. What does Rumon ask Merewyn in Chapter 7?
(a) To forgot she ever knew him.
(b) To forgive him for doubting her and to keep him in her prayers.
(c) To go to France with him.
(d) To marry him.
11. When Rumon meets Breaca of Uther, what does he notices?
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That she is dead.
(c) That she has only one leg.
(d) That she is in failing health.
12. Whom does the King summon shortly after Dunstan's and Rumon's discussion?
(a) Dunstan and Rumon.
13. What is Breaca's dying wish?
(a) That Merewyn be taken to her aunt, Uther's sister, in Shaftsbury.
(b) That Merewyn be told the truth of her identity.
(c) That Merewyn be married to Rumon.
(d) That Merwyn be named to the King's Court.
14. Why does Alfrida not want Ethelred to attend Edward's coronation?
(a) Because she believes it would be an insult to Edward.
(b) Because she has been snubbed.
(c) Because she believes Ethelred should be King.
(d) Because Ethelred is angry at his brother.
15. Where is Rumon headed when he meets Merewyn?
(a) To the monks.
(b) To see his grandmother.
(c) To Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Court refer to Alfrida after King Edgar dies?
2. What happened to Breaca's family during the Viking attack?
3. What is Dunstan suggesting to Rumon after his stay at Glastonbury Abbey?
4. What did the monks do when the Vikings attacked?
5. What does Breaca of Uther tell Rumon about the monks?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)