|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erik the Red have for his son?
(a) A great feast.
(b) A dog.
(c) A wife.
2. What does the Abbess suggest Merewyn to do once her pilgrimage is over?
(a) Go to Uther.
(b) Go back to Court.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Marry Rumon and have children.
3. What does the Abbess speak of to the nuns during the interviews?
(a) The nuns final vows.
(b) The nuns lack of faith that God will protect them.
(c) The nuns lack of courage.
(d) Devotion and Faith.
4. Who is Thorbjorg?
(a) A seeress from Brattalid.
(b) Leif Erikson's wife.
(c) Ketil's new young wife.
(d) Orm's girlfriend.
5. How does Merewyn react to what Rumon tells her when they sit down at twilight?
(a) She accepts his offer and goes with him to the tower.
(b) She cries with sadness that her aunt is not there.
(c) She cries with joy.
(d) She is horrified that he would think that she is good enough to bed but not to wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bishop Ethelwold do when he returns to the Abbey in October?
2. What does Rumon realize when he sees Merewyn at the place where she has taken her aunt's heart?
3. What does Merewyn do to avoid Rumon after what happens at twilight on the top of the Tor?
4. How do the people at the feast react to the commands that Leif presents to them?
5. When does the Abbess interview the nuns?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)