1. What kind of story is "Avalon?"
(a) An autobiographical story.
(b) A biographical story.
(c) A historic story.
(d) An epic story.
2. Who are the two main characters?
(a) Gundred of Roche and Breaca of Uther.
(b) Caw and Trig.
(c) Queen Edgive of Arles and King Edgar of England.
(d) Merewyn of Uther and Romieux de Provence.
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. The novel follows the history of England's raids by whom?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Normans.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Celts.
5. What did Dunstan attempt to do?
(a) Lead the Viking raids.
(b) Bring the masses to a Christian life.
(c) Marry Merewyn.
(d) Care for plague victims.
6. Who colonized Greenland?
(b) Eric the Red.
(c) Lief Ericson.
7. Why does Merewyn leave home?
(a) To visit her sister at the convent.
(b) To be married.
(c) She is making a pilgrimage to St. Gundred's Well at Roche.
(d) To go to the King's Court.
8. Who is Breaca?
(a) Merewyn's sister.
(b) Rumon's aunt.
(c) Rumon's mother.
(d) Merewyn's mother.
This section contains 5,410 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)