Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 - 6.
1. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
2. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
They are on sabbatical.
3. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
4. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
Drifting in the pool.
6. Who is Nancy?
Ellie's best friend.
7. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
Away at college.
8. After whom is Ellie named?
The Lady of Shalot.
9. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
She is supporting his exercise routine.
10. What does Ellie feel as she is running?
She has been transported to another time.
11. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
This section contains 2,430 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)