|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Elisabeth's dream in Part 1, what is Daniel peeling?
2. What does Elisabeth read while she waits at the post office in Part 1?
(a) Nineteen Eighty-Four.
(b) Brave New World.
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
3. What does Daniel think the name of the woman was that he went to Paris with?
4. In 1993 where was Daniel sitting when he talked to Elisabeth when she came home from school and met him for the first time?
(a) His garden wall.
(b) His backyard.
(c) His front stoop.
(d) Bench along the sidewalk.
5. How long does Elisabeth imagine that Daniel will say that he hoarded sweets?
(a) December to August.
(b) December to June.
(c) December to March.
(d) December to October.
6. When Elisabeth goes back to the post office in Part 1, what is her number in line?
7. What poet does Daniel mention in Part 1?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) John Keats.
(c) William Blake.
(d) Robert Frost.
8. In 1995 when Daniel watched Elisabeth, where did they walk?
(b) Canal bank.
(c) To the edge of town.
(d) To the park.
9. How old is Elisabeth Demand as the book begins?
10. How old does Daniel remember that he was when he picked chestnuts?
11. In Part 1, how old does Daniel wish he made sure to die?
(a) 20 or 25.
(b) 30 or 35.
12. In Part 2, how long has it been since the Brexit vote?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) Just over a week.
(c) About 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. At the end of Part 2, where does Daniel remember being with his sister when he was 16?
14. In Part 2 when Daniel leaves the courtroom and stands in the yard of the girl he loves, but who married someone else, what is the weather like?
(d) Partly cloudy.
15. When does Daniel remember buying a postcard of a little girl in a park?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what does Elisabeth compare Daniel to as she watches him sleep?
2. In 1943, when Hannah and the other women stood up in the truck they were riding in, what were they near?
3. When Elisabeth first goes to renew her passport, what number is she given?
4. What does Daniel find in Part 1 when he thinks about making clothes from leaves?
5. When Elisabeth was 13, what singer did she remember Daniel telling her that he met at a friend's house?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)