• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Author Smith, Ali. Autumn. Pantheon Books, 2016. Hardcover.
• Daniel Gluck, who is 101, is dreaming that he has been washed up on a shore.
• He is surprised to be alive.
• He has lost his clothes, and he looks at his old withered body, and he is not sure if he is dead or alive.
• He sees some girls approaching, and he runs to hide in the woods since he has no clothes on.
• He is surprised that he can run.
• He hides in a patch of trees, and he is thinking about covering himself.
• Some thread and a needle appear, and he sews together leaves into clothing.
• As he sews, he remembers the 1980s when he was nearly 70.
• He visited Paris with a younger woman in her 40s for a romantic time, but it did...
This section contains 3,801 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)