|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books is Geryon reading in the beginning of “Kiss”?
(a) History books.
(b) Philosophy books.
(c) Poetry books.
(d) Literary books.
2. What are the women doing by the side of the road when Geryon, Herakles, and Ancash pass them in the end of “Car”?
(a) Running for the border.
(b) Reading magazines.
(c) Chasing a dog.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
3. What does Ancash's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a schoolteacher.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is a beautician.
(d) She is a banker.
4. What does Geryon create for Ancash in “Photographs: *1748”?
(a) A picture of him flying.
(b) A painting of a mountain.
(c) A sculpture made of clay.
(d) A bracelet of rope.
5. What do Herakles and Geryon bicker about when returning to Herakles' home in “Memory Burn”?
(a) The distance to the stars.
(b) The name of a movie.
(c) Whether or not to steal a car.
(d) The elevation of Peru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ancash hit Geryon in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
2. Where is Geryon in the opening of “Harrods”?
3. When did World War I begin?
4. How is the hotel described where Geryon and his companions are staying in “Huaraz”?
5. The location for the presentation in “Slopes” is described as an abandoned factory for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motifs appear in “Slopes”? How are they introduced?
2. What is the primary subject of “Photographs: The Meek”?
3. What does the flour represent in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
4. What is Geryon doing when he encounters Herakles in "Kiss"? Why?
5. Who is Ancash? How is this character introduced?
6. How do the soldiers describe the volcano in “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
7. What is the central conflict in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
8. How have Geryon's circumstances changed in Section 8?
9. Describe Geryon's circumstances in “Tunnel.” How old is he at this point in the narrative?
10. Where in the novel does the climax occur?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)