|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Geryon going to visit in “Tunnel”?
2. What day of the week is described in the opening of “Roof”?
3. What does Ancash's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a banker.
(c) She is a schoolteacher.
(d) She is a beautician.
4. What color is the awning over Harrods?
5. Ancash's mother claims that the coffee is infused with what in “Huaraz”?
(b) Cow blood.
(c) Goat's milk.
(d) Coconut oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the yellowbeard lecture on in “Slopes”?
2. In what city is Ancash's mother's home?
3. Stesichoros claims that he enjoyed seeing until what year in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
4. What is Geryon doing when the phone rings in the beginning of “Tunnel”?
5. What kind of books is Geryon reading in the beginning of “Kiss”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the primary subject of “Photographs: The Meek”?
2. What memories come to Geryon in “Tango”?
3. What does the flour represent in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
4. Describe Geryon's circumstances in “Tunnel.” How old is he at this point in the narrative?
5. What is foreshadowed through the discussion of lava in "AA"?
6. What is significant about the name of the volcano that Geryon goes to visit with Ancash, his mother, and Herakles?
7. How have Geryon's circumstances changed in Section 8?
8. What is suggested by the flushed cheeks of the passengers on the plane in “Gladys”?
9. What motifs appear in “Slopes”? How are they introduced?
10. How is the setting described in “Roof”?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)