|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geryon think that people are in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
(a) "A horrific species."
(b) "Movers and shakers."
(c) "Less than terrible."
(d) "Amazing beings."
2. What is the name of the volcano that Geryon's group is traveling to in “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
3. What is noted about the fruit bowl in “Fruit Bowl”?
(a) It is always full of water.
(b) It has been stolen.
(c) It is always empty.
(d) It is always filled with apples.
4. How many people are sitting at the table in the photograph described in “Photographs: Origin of Time”?
5. What poet is being discussed in “Photographs: Jeats”?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) William Butler Yeats.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Geryon, Herakles, and Ancash traveling in “Gladys”?
2. What is described about the water in Huraraz in the excerpt titled with the same name?
3. What does the yellowbeard lecture on in “Slopes”?
4. Where is Ancash from?
5. What does Geryon recall seeing killed in “Aeroplane”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the reference to Helen in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
2. What memories come to Geryon in “Tango”?
3. How is volcano imagery employed in “Kiss”?
4. What motifs appear in “Slopes”? How are they introduced?
5. How does Geryon feel about his circumstances while traveling in “Aeroplane”?
6. How is the setting described in “Huaraz”?
7. What is foreshadowed through the discussion of lava in "AA"?
8. What does the flour represent in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
9. What is significant about Ancash's legend of his people in “Eyewitnesses”?
10. What does Geryon's photograph represent in “Distances”?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)