|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books is Geryon reading in the beginning of “Kiss”?
(a) Philosophy books.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) History books.
(d) Literary books.
2. “Mitwelt” opens with a sentence that states that "there is no person without" what?
(a) "A world."
(b) "A dream."
(c) "A mother."
(d) "A life."
3. What do Herakles and Ancash go downstairs to do in the end of “Roof”?
(a) Greet the horses.
(b) Call for a taxi.
(c) Fix an electrical problem.
(d) Fix a plumbing problem.
4. The beginning of “Kiss” finds Geryon contemplating the "cracks and fissures of" what?
(a) "His inner life."
(b) "Human civilization."
(c) "The world."
(d) "The earth's crust."
5. Where do Herakles and Geryon sit with Herakles' grandmother when they return to his home in “Memory Burn”?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
6. What does Herakles describe Geryon saving in his dream in “Freedom"?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A yellow bird.
(d) A red dog.
7. How is the weather described when Geryon wakes in the night in “Water”?
(c) Amid a dust storm.
(d) Dry and windy.
8. What is described in the photograph in the opening sentence of “Photographs: The Old Days”?
(a) A man's naked back.
(b) A pair of grazing burros.
(c) A snake in the river.
(d) A guinea pig on a plate.
9. What day of the week is described in the opening of “Roof”?
10. What does Geryon think that people are in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
(a) "A horrific species."
(b) "Movers and shakers."
(c) "Less than terrible."
(d) "Amazing beings."
11. Where does Geryon go with the yellowbeard after the lecture in “Distances”?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To the yellowbeard's home.
(c) To a movie theater.
(d) To a cafe.
12. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: The Meek”?
(a) A snake in the river.
(b) A guinea pig on a plate.
(c) A man's naked back.
(d) A pair of grazing burros.
13. The opening sentence of “Slopes” suggests that Geryon could be very what?
14. What color is discussed in the interview in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
15. How did Geryon return home in “Fruit Bowl”?
(a) By train.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By bus.
(d) By airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
2. How many soldiers surround the car in “Photographs: Jeats”?
3. In what city is Ancash's mother's home?
4. Where does Geryon get a job in "Freedom"?
5. The opening sentence of “Aeroplane” indicates that it is always what in the upper atmosphere?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)