|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Ancash's mother's home?
(b) Buenos Aires.
2. Why does Ancash hit Geryon in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
(a) Because Geryon shot his brother.
(b) Because Geryon lied about stealing money.
(c) Because Geryon slept with Herakles.
(d) Because he saw Geryon's wings.
3. How old is Geryon in “Tunnel”?
4. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: The Meek”?
(a) A guinea pig on a plate.
(b) A pair of grazing burros.
(c) A man's naked back.
(d) A snake in the river.
5. When he is in the bookstore, Geryon is distracted by a man playing games outside with what in “Kiss”?
(a) A bird.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
6. What kind of animal from the carousel does Herakles take in “Harrods”?
(a) A horse.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A lion.
7. In the opening sentence of “Distances,” the narrator suggests that what question had intrigued Geryon for much of his life?
(a) The question of the nature of time.
(b) The question of family and its meaning.
(c) The question of sexuality.
(d) The question of fate versus free will.
8. The opening sentence of “Aeroplane” indicates that it is always what in the upper atmosphere?
9. The location for the presentation in “Slopes” is described as an abandoned factory for what?
(b) Mining equipment.
(d) War ammunitions.
10. Where does Geryon go with the yellowbeard after the lecture in “Distances”?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To the yellowbeard's home.
(c) To a movie theater.
(d) To a cafe.
11. On whose shoulder does Geryon rest his head while traveling in “Gladys”?
(a) On his mother's shoulder.
(b) On his brother's shoulder.
(c) On Herakles' shoulder.
(d) On Ancash's shoulder.
12. What does Lazer say children inspire when he talks to Geryon?
(a) They inspire people to warfare.
(b) They inspire education.
(c) They inspire good will toward womankind.
(d) They inspire people to see distances.
13. How are Geryon, Herakles, and Ancash traveling in “Gladys”?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By taxi.
14. In what language is Geryon writing postcards in “Mitwelt”?
15. The yellowbeard suggests that doctors hide the fact that many children are born with what in “Distances”?
(b) Mental defects.
(d) Missing limbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Herakles, Ancash, and Geryon plan to travel to the volcano in “Eyewitnesses”?
2. What does Ancash see that prompts him to tell Geryon about the legend in “Eyewitnesses”?
3. Where is Geryon going to visit in “Tunnel”?
4. Who falls asleep on the way to the volcano in “AA”?
5. Geryon realizes in the end of “Photographs: Origin of Time” that he is desperate for what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)