|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geryon think that people are in “The Flashes in Which A Man Possesses Himself”?
(a) "Less than terrible."
(b) "Movers and shakers."
(c) "Amazing beings."
(d) "A horrific species."
2. What kind of animal from the carousel does Herakles take in “Harrods”?
(a) A horse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
3. Where is Geryon going to visit in “Tunnel”?
4. How is the weather described when Geryon wakes in the night in “Water”?
(c) Dry and windy.
(d) Amid a dust storm.
5. Lazer claims in “Distances” that the life story of all people involves them doing what?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Clmbing a mountain.
(c) Walking on a beach.
(d) Walking in a forest.
6. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: The Meek”?
(a) A snake in the river.
(b) A pair of grazing burros.
(c) A guinea pig on a plate.
(d) A man's naked back.
7. What does Geryon recall seeing killed in “Aeroplane”?
(a) A snake.
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A rabid dog.
8. What does Ancash say he wants to see Geryon do in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
(a) Get married.
(b) Climb a mountain.
(c) Use his wings.
(d) Fight Herakles.
9. Geryon realizes in the end of “Photographs: Origin of Time” that he is desperate for what?
(a) To love someone.
(b) To return to his brother.
(c) To return home.
(d) To call his mother.
10. How many soldiers surround the car in “Photographs: Jeats”?
11. The location for the presentation in “Slopes” is described as an abandoned factory for what?
(b) Mining equipment.
(d) War ammunitions.
12. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
(a) A man's naked back.
(b) A snake in the river.
(c) A pair of grazing burros.
(d) A guinea pig on a plate.
13. Where is the particular kind of lava called "aa" described in “AA”?
(d) New Zealand.
14. Where is Ancash from?
15. What kind of books is Geryon reading in the beginning of “Kiss”?
(a) History books.
(b) Literary books.
(c) Poetry books.
(d) Philosophy books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Herakles, Ancash, and Geryon plan to travel to the volcano in “Eyewitnesses”?
2. How old is Geryon in “Tunnel”?
3. How does Stesichoros respond when the interviewer says, "Which brings us to Helen" in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
4. What word refers to South American cowboys in “Aeroplane”?
5. What does Geryon create for Ancash in “Photographs: *1748”?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)