|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name "Lazer" short for in the narrative?
2. How does Stesichoros respond when the interviewer says, "Which brings us to Helen" in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
(a) "Helen blinded me."
(b) "Helen was a beauty."
(c) "There is no Helen."
(d) "What about Helen?"
3. What does Geryon recall his brother doing after he's come home from a dance in “Tango”?
(a) Kicking the family dog.
(b) Making a stack of sandwiches.
(c) Having a fight with their father.
(d) Stealing the family car.
4. Where is the particular kind of lava called "aa" described in “AA”?
(d) New Zealand.
5. What do Herakles and Ancash go downstairs to do in the end of “Roof”?
(a) Call for a taxi.
(b) Greet the horses.
(c) Fix a plumbing problem.
(d) Fix an electrical problem.
6. How many soldiers surround the car in “Photographs: Jeats”?
7. Where is Geryon in the opening of “Harrods”?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His hotel room.
(d) A church.
8. Where is Geryon's mother described when he returns home in “Fruit Bowl”?
(a) On the living room sofa.
(b) On the porch swing.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) In the garden.
9. What does Herakles describe Geryon saving in his dream in “Freedom"?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A yellow bird.
(d) A red dog.
10. What day of the week is described in the opening of “Roof”?
11. Where is Geryon going to visit in “Tunnel”?
12. What does Ancash see that prompts him to tell Geryon about the legend in “Eyewitnesses”?
(a) Geryon's tail.
(b) Geryon's wings.
(c) Geryon's webbed feet.
(d) Geryon's tattoo.
13. What have been built into the walls of the volcano that Geryon's group is going to visit in “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
(a) Explosive devices.
(c) Weather vanes.
(d) Steel drums.
14. What does Geryon imagine he sees in the living room in “Water”?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A raven.
15. How is the weather described when Geryon wakes in the night in “Water”?
(c) Dry and windy.
(d) Amid a dust storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Geryon defined as in the verse novel?
2. In the opening sentence of “Distances,” the narrator suggests that what question had intrigued Geryon for much of his life?
3. Where does Geryon encounter Ancash after leaving his hotel room in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
4. Where do Herakles and Geryon sit with Herakles' grandmother when they return to his home in “Memory Burn”?
5. Where are Herakles and Geryon going in the beginning of “Memory Burn”?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)