|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herakles said to smell of in “Kiss”?
(c) Motor oil.
2. What kind of animal from the carousel does Herakles take in “Harrods”?
(a) A horse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
3. What does Ancash bring to Geryon on the roof in “Eyewitnesses”?
(c) A puppy.
4. What do Geryon and Herakles' grandmother discuss while alone in “Memory Burn”?
(a) The road to the mountains.
(b) Her photograph.
(c) His brother.
(d) The state of crime in the region.
5. In what language is Geryon writing postcards in “Mitwelt”?
6. Where is Geryon's mother described when he returns home in “Fruit Bowl”?
(a) In the garden.
(b) At the kitchen table.
(c) On the living room sofa.
(d) On the porch swing.
7. What word refers to South American cowboys in “Aeroplane”?
8. What does Ancash's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a schoolteacher.
(c) She is a banker.
(d) She is a beautician.
9. Why does Ancash hit Geryon in “Photographs: Like and Not Like”?
(a) Because Geryon lied about stealing money.
(b) Because Geryon shot his brother.
(c) Because he saw Geryon's wings.
(d) Because Geryon slept with Herakles.
10. How is the hotel described where Geryon and his companions are staying in “Huaraz”?
11. What is Geryon doing when the phone rings in the beginning of “Tunnel”?
(a) He is playing guitar.
(b) He is writing.
(c) He is packing.
(d) He is reading.
12. Where is Ancash from?
13. Where is Geryon in the opening of “Harrods”?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) His hotel room.
(c) A church.
(d) His mother's house.
14. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: The Meek”?
(a) A snake in the river.
(b) A man's naked back.
(c) A pair of grazing burros.
(d) A guinea pig on a plate.
15. The opening sentence of “Aeroplane” indicates that it is always what in the upper atmosphere?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: I Am A Beast”?
2. When did World War I begin?
3. Herakles tells Geryon he should go see the collection of what that are housed by Ancash's mother in “Roof”?
4. How does Stesichoros respond when the interviewer says, "Which brings us to Helen" in “Interview (Stesichoros)”?
5. The yellowbeard suggests that doctors hide the fact that many children are born with what in “Distances”?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)