|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herakles comments in “Walls” that all of Geryon's creative expressions reference what?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) His mother.
(d) His little red dog.
2. Whose quote opens “Red Meat: What Difference did Stesichoros Make?”
(a) Emily Dickinson's.
(d) Gertrude Stein's.
3. From what setting does Geryon leave with the centaur in the beginning of "Geryon's Weekend"?
(a) The garden.
(b) The bar.
(c) The church.
(d) The maze.
4. Who does Herakles grandmother claim to have known in “She”?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
5. Who calls Herakles' family's home in “She”?
(a) Geryon's father.
(b) Geryon's grandmother.
(c) Geryon's sister.
(d) Geryon's mother.
6. What kind of food does Geryon use in making his sculpture in "Tuesday"?
(a) A tomato.
(b) An olive.
(c) An apple.
(d) An orange.
7. What does Geryon's brother place on his head in "Rhinestones"?
(a) An empty fruit bowl.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A football helmet.
(d) A baseball cap.
8. What is described as making Geryon's brother happy in "Justice"?
9. In what city was Stesichoros born?
10. What is the first claim that is made in Appendix C: "Clearing Up of the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen"?
(a) "If Stesichoros was a blind man either we will lie or if not not."
(b) "Either Helen existed or she did not."
(c) "Either Stesichoros was a blind man or he was not."
(d) "Either Helen was the daughter of Zeus or she was not."
11. What has Herakles invited Geryon to see in ”Pair”?
(a) A train.
(b) A demi-god.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A hammer.
12. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
13. What are Geryon and Herakles doing in “Walls”?
(a) Sitting in a bookstore.
(b) Painting graffiti.
(c) Going into a cafe.
(d) Playing the piano.
14. Who took the photograph that is titled “Red Patience”?
(a) Ancash's mother.
(b) Herakles' grandmother.
15. What kind of livestock does the narrator describe Geryon raising in “Geryon”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening line of “Space and Time” states, "Up against another human being one's own procedures take on" what?
2. In the first line of Appendix B: "The Palinode of Stesichoros by Stesichoros (Fragment 192 Poetae Melici Graeci)," the narrator states, "No it is not" what?
3. What does Geryon do with his wings in ”Pair”?
4. What does Geryon recall his dog doing in “Walls”?
5. Why does Geryon ask Herakles for change in "Change"?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)