|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geryon recall his dog doing in “Walls”?
(a) Biting a mailman.
(b) Running away from home.
(c) Eating his ice cream cone.
(d) Getting hit by a car.
2. What goddesss is describe as looking through the floor in "Meanwhilte in Heaven"?
3. Who said of Stesichoros, "What a sweet genius in the use of adjectives"?
(b) Gertrude Stein.
4. What is the cup made from that the centaur offers Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A basket.
(c) A skull.
5. What color are the butterflies that Geryon points out in “Somnambula”?
(a) Green and yellow.
(b) Yellow and orange.
(c) Red and black.
(d) Red and blue.
6. What is compared to "the sleep of the just" in "Each"?
(b) The ocean.
7. Stesichoros' words were collected in how many books, according to the author in the introduction?
8. The opening line of “She” describes the house being dark except for a single light where?
(a) In the attic.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In the upper bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
9. “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” opens with a poem by whom?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
10. How does Geryon's mother define the word "each" for him in "Each"?
(a) It means going to school.
(b) It means glory and unity.
(c) It means separation and independence.
(d) It means the ability to fly.
11. With whom is Herakles sitting on the lawn when Geryon finds him in “Somnambula”?
(b) Herakles' grandmother.
(c) Geryon’s father.
12. Who abducted Helen, according to mythology?
13. Who does Herakles grandmother claim to have known in “She”?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
14. What is Geryon's mother doing as she looks at him in the opening line from “Screendoor”?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Lighting a cigarette.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Pouring a glass of wine.
15. What does the narrator say that Geryon loved in the opening of “Total Things Known about Geryon”?
(b) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as wearing rhinestones in "Rhinestones"?
2. What kind of sports practice do Geryon's brother and father attend in "Tuesday"?
3. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
4. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
5. The opening line of “Space and Time” states, "Up against another human being one's own procedures take on" what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)