1. Whose quote opens “Red Meat: What Difference did Stesichoros Make?”
2. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
3. In what city was Stesichoros born?
4. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
Chalcidian and Doric.
5. Stesichoros' words were collected in how many books, according to the author in the introduction?
6. How many titles remain of Stesichoros' books today?
12 or so.
7. By whom was Stesichoros supposedly struck blind?
Helen of Troy.
8. Who claimed that Stesichoros was the "Most Homeric of the lyric poets," according to the author in the introduction?
This section contains 4,181 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)