|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of ”Pair” describes Geryon feeling a pain not felt since when?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) The war.
(d) His father's death.
2. What is the closing statement in Appendix C: "Clearing Up of the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen"?
(a) "Either Stesichoros was a blind man or he was not."
(b) "Either Helen existed or she did not."
(c) "If Stesichoros was a blind man either we will lie or if not not."
(d) "Either Helen was the daughter of Zeus or she was not."
3. Where is the particular kind of lava called "aa" described in “AA”?
(d) New Zealand.
4. Who said of Stesichoros, "What a sweet genius in the use of adjectives"?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
5. What smell in "Justice" "was pulling [Geryon] toward it / like a strong sea"?
(a) "The smell of dandelions."
(b) "The smell of Herakles' flowers."
(c) "The smell of the falling snow."
(d) "The smell of grass everywhere."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Geryon's brother described in comparison to Geryon in the beginning of "Justice"?
2. Where is Geryon's mother described when he returns home in “Fruit Bowl”?
3. What is described about the water in Huraraz in the excerpt titled with the same name?
4. What does Geryon's teacher ask his mother at the parent-teacher conference in “Ideas”?
5. What does Geryon's brother place on his head in "Rhinestones"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)