|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the described as the "unsavory aftermath" of Helen's sexual misconduct in Appendix C: "Clearing Up of the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen"?
(a) The Fall of Troy.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The murder of Julius Caesar.
2. What is described in the photograph in the opening line of “Photographs: The Meek”?
(a) A guinea pig on a plate.
(b) A pair of grazing burros.
(c) A snake in the river.
(d) A man's naked back.
3. What smell in "Justice" "was pulling [Geryon] toward it / like a strong sea"?
(a) "The smell of Herakles' flowers."
(b) "The smell of the falling snow."
(c) "The smell of dandelions."
(d) "The smell of grass everywhere."
4. How is the hotel described where Geryon and his companions are staying in “Huaraz”?
5. The location for the presentation in “Slopes” is described as an abandoned factory for what?
(a) War ammunitions.
(c) Mining equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geryon recall his brother doing after he's come home from a dance in “Tango”?
2. What is the cup made from that the centaur offers Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
3. What does the narrator say that Geryon loved in the opening of “Total Things Known about Geryon”?
4. What is the opening sentence in the beginning of "Sex Question"?
5. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)