|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The yellowbeard suggests that doctors hide the fact that many children are born with what in “Distances”?
(b) Mental defects.
(d) Missing limbs.
2. “Mitwelt” opens with a sentence that states that "there is no person without" what?
(a) "A life."
(b) "A world."
(c) "A dream."
(d) "A mother."
3. What does the waitress ask when she brings the food in ”Grooming"?
(a) She asks if Geryon and Herakles are on a school trip.
(b) She asks if Geryon and Herakles are brothers.
(c) She asks if Geryon and Herakles are newlyweds.
(d) She asks if Geryon and Herakles are old enough to drink.
4. Whose quote opens “Red Meat: What Difference did Stesichoros Make?”
(b) Gertrude Stein's.
(d) Emily Dickinson's.
5. What does Geryon receive from a friend of his mother's in “Ideas”?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the described as the "unsavory aftermath" of Helen's sexual misconduct in Appendix C: "Clearing Up of the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen"?
2. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
3. What is yellowbeard's profession?
4. What kind of food does Geryon use in making his sculpture in "Tuesday"?
5. What is noted about the fruit bowl in “Fruit Bowl”?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)