|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Stesichoros born?
2. “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” opens with a poem by whom?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
(a) 100 B.C.
(b) 250 B.C.
(c) 650 B.C.
(d) 500 B.C.
4. Who claimed that Stesichoros was the "Most Homeric of the lyric poets," according to the author in the introduction?
(c) Gertrude Stein.
5. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is cited with claiming that Helen made an object lesson of the poet Stesichoros in Appendix A: “Testimonia on the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen”?
2. From what setting does Geryon leave with the centaur in the beginning of "Geryon's Weekend"?
3. Who was Helen's mother, according to mythology?
4. What kind of hedge surrounds the windows of the kindergarten in "Justice"?
5. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)