|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to a poem in which the poet retracts a view or sentiment expressed in a former poem?
2. In the first line of Appendix B: "The Palinode of Stesichoros by Stesichoros (Fragment 192 Poetae Melici Graeci)," the narrator states, "No it is not" what?
(a) "The true story."
(b) "Tomorrow's rain."
(c) "The days of old."
(d) "Yet summertime."
3. Why is Geryon sent to his room in "Geryon's Parents"?
(a) For talking back to his father.
(b) For wearing a mask at the supper table.
(c) For kicking the dog.
(d) For hitting his brother at the dinner table.
4. By whom was Stesichoros supposedly struck blind?
(c) Helen of Troy.
5. What goddesss is describe as looking through the floor in "Meanwhilte in Heaven"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Geryon's brother described in comparison to Geryon in the beginning of "Justice"?
2. What kind of hedge surrounds the windows of the kindergarten in "Justice"?
3. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
4. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
5. From what setting does Geryon leave with the centaur in the beginning of "Geryon's Weekend"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)