|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word "adjective" translated to in Greek?
2. What drink does the centaur give to Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
3. What goddesss is describe as looking through the floor in "Meanwhilte in Heaven"?
4. Stesichoros' words were collected in how many books, according to the author in the introduction?
5. How many titles remain of Stesichoros' books today?
(a) 20 or so.
(b) 100 or so.
(c) 5 or so.
(d) 12 or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Geryon's Death Begins," the narrator says, "Geryon walked the red length of his mind and answered" what?
2. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
3. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
4. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
5. What is the red dog on the beach compared to in "Wings"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)