|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does the centaur give to Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
2. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
(a) Agrigento and Calambrian.
(b) Syracusan and Strabian.
(c) Chalcidian and Doric.
(d) Scymnic and Carthaginian.
3. When were the most recent fragments of Stesichoros' works recovered from cartonnage in Egypt?
4. Whose quote opens “Red Meat: What Difference did Stesichoros Make?”
(c) Emily Dickinson's.
(d) Gertrude Stein's.
5. Why is Geryon sent to his room in "Geryon's Parents"?
(a) For hitting his brother at the dinner table.
(b) For kicking the dog.
(c) For wearing a mask at the supper table.
(d) For talking back to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Geryon loved in the opening of “Total Things Known about Geryon”?
2. What word from “Geryon's Parents" refers to a Lilin-demon in male form who lies upon women in order to engage in sexual activity with them?
3. In "Geryon's Death Begins," the narrator says, "Geryon walked the red length of his mind and answered" what?
4. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
5. Who claimed that Stesichoros was the "Most Homeric of the lyric poets," according to the author in the introduction?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)