|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Geryon sent to his room in "Geryon's Parents"?
(a) For hitting his brother at the dinner table.
(b) For kicking the dog.
(c) For talking back to his father.
(d) For wearing a mask at the supper table.
2. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
(a) 100 B.C.
(b) 650 B.C.
(c) 500 B.C.
(d) 250 B.C.
3. What is the sound of horses compared to in “Geryon’s War Record”?
(a) "A volcano mid-eruption."
(b) "A freed shadow."
(c) "Thunder clapping in the distance."
(d) "Roses being burned alive."
4. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
5. What drink does the centaur give to Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stesichoros' words were collected in how many books, according to the author in the introduction?
2. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
3. In “Geryon,” the narrator says, "Geryon's dream began red then slipped out of the vat and" what?
4. By whom was Stesichoros supposedly struck blind?
5. What is the cup made from that the centaur offers Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)