|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said of Stesichoros' works, "Makes those old stories new," according to the author in the novel's introduction?
(d) Gertrude Stein.
2. What goddesss is describe as looking through the floor in "Meanwhilte in Heaven"?
3. Whose quote opens “Red Meat: What Difference did Stesichoros Make?”
(a) Gertrude Stein's.
(b) Emily Dickinson's.
4. What is the red dog on the beach compared to in "Wings"?
(a) "A freed shadow."
(b) "Roses being burned alive."
(c) "A distant speck of grain."
(d) "An antelope."
5. In “Geryon,” the narrator says, "Geryon's dream began red then slipped out of the vat and" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word "adjective" translated to in Greek?
2. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
3. How many titles remain of Stesichoros' books today?
4. What is the cup made from that the centaur offers Geryon in "Geryon's Weekend"?
5. Why is Geryon sent to his room in "Geryon's Parents"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)