|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stesichoros is said to have spoken a mixed dialect in the novel's introduction. What dialects did he speak?
(a) Chalcidian and Doric.
(b) Scymnic and Carthaginian.
(c) Agrigento and Calambrian.
(d) Syracusan and Strabian.
2. Who is described as wearing rhinestones in "Rhinestones"?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Geryon's mother.
(d) Herakles' grandmother.
3. What is the closing statement in Appendix C: "Clearing Up of the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen"?
(a) "If Stesichoros was a blind man either we will lie or if not not."
(b) "Either Stesichoros was a blind man or he was not."
(c) "Either Helen was the daughter of Zeus or she was not."
(d) "Either Helen existed or she did not."
4. Approximately when was Stesichoros born?
(a) 100 B.C.
(b) 250 B.C.
(c) 650 B.C.
(d) 500 B.C.
5. In the poem that opens “Autobiography of Red: A Romance,” what is said to keep "His never slumbering plan"?
(a) "The winds of the coming storm."
(b) "The ashes of the forgotten."
(c) "His cold hands."
(d) "The reticent volcano."
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
2. What is compared to "the sleep of the just" in "Each"?
3. In "Geryon's Death Begins," the narrator says, "Geryon walked the red length of his mind and answered" what?
4. Who abducted Helen, according to mythology?
5. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)