|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geryon's brother place on his head in "Rhinestones"?
(a) An empty fruit bowl.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A football helmet.
(d) A dictionary.
2. “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” opens with a poem by whom?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. How many titles remain of Stesichoros' books today?
(a) 5 or so.
(b) 100 or so.
(c) 20 or so.
(d) 12 or so.
4. What is the red dog on the beach compared to in "Wings"?
(a) "A distant speck of grain."
(b) "Roses being burned alive."
(c) "A freed shadow."
(d) "An antelope."
5. Who is cited with claiming that Helen made an object lesson of the poet Stesichoros in Appendix A: “Testimonia on the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen”?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Plato compare Stesichoros in Appendix A: “Testimonia on the Question of Stesichoros’ Blinding by Helen”?
2. How is Geryon's brother described in comparison to Geryon in the beginning of "Justice"?
3. Geryon's mother is described in "Geryon's Reversible Destiny" as being the "Engineer of his" what?
4. What does Geryon touch inside his coat pocket outside the school in "Justice"?
5. What author is described in the introduction as summing up Picasso in saying, "This one was working"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)