|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Geryon encounter Herakles in "Change"?
(a) At the bus depot.
(b) At an arcade.
(c) On the schoolyard.
(d) At church.
2. How does Geryon's mother define the word "each" for him in "Each"?
(a) It means separation and independence.
(b) It means glory and unity.
(c) It means going to school.
(d) It means the ability to fly.
3. Who is described as wearing rhinestones in "Rhinestones"?
(b) Herakles' grandmother.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) Geryon's mother.
4. The opening line of “She” describes the house being dark except for a single light where?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In the upper bedroom.
(d) In the attic.
5. What does Geryon recall his dog doing in “Walls”?
(a) Eating his ice cream cone.
(b) Running away from home.
(c) Getting hit by a car.
(d) Biting a mailman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem that opens “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” concludes with the lines, "The only secret people keep / Is" what?
2. How did Geryon return home in “Fruit Bowl”?
3. What does the narrator say that Geryon loved in the opening of “Total Things Known about Geryon”?
4. What does Geryon's brother place on his head in "Rhinestones"?
5. How is Geryon's brother described in comparison to Geryon in the beginning of "Justice"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)