|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” opens with a poem by whom?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
2. What are Geryon and Herakles doing in “Walls”?
(a) Painting graffiti.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Sitting in a bookstore.
(d) Going into a cafe.
3. When he is in the bookstore, Geryon is distracted by a man playing games outside with what in “Kiss”?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
4. Where is the main door of the school described in "Justice"?
(a) On the north side.
(b) On the west side.
(c) On the south side.
(d) On the east side.
5. What is compared to "the sleep of the just" in "Each"?
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of ”Pair” describes Geryon feeling a pain not felt since when?
2. Where are Geryon and Herakles in the beginning of “Fast Forward”?
3. What smell in "Justice" "was pulling [Geryon] toward it / like a strong sea"?
4. How does Geryon's mother define the word "each" for him in "Each"?
5. The poem that opens “Autobiography of Red: A Romance” concludes with the lines, "The only secret people keep / Is" what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)