|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Geryon in the opening of “Harrods”?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) His hotel room.
(c) A church.
(d) A bookstore.
2. When he is in the bookstore, Geryon is distracted by a man playing games outside with what in “Kiss”?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A child.
(d) A cat.
3. How does Geryon's mother define the word "each" for him in "Each"?
(a) It means separation and independence.
(b) It means going to school.
(c) It means glory and unity.
(d) It means the ability to fly.
4. In the poem that opens “Autobiography of Red: A Romance,” what is said to keep "His never slumbering plan"?
(a) "The winds of the coming storm."
(b) "The reticent volcano."
(c) "His cold hands."
(d) "The ashes of the forgotten."
5. Who is described as performing a sex act in public in ”Grooming"?
(a) The yellowbeard.
(c) Ancash's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of “Kiss” finds Geryon contemplating the "cracks and fissures of" what?
2. The opening sentence of “Kiss” suggests that "a healthy volcano is an exercise in" what?
3. What are Geryon and Herakles doing in “Walls”?
4. What does Geryon recall his dog doing in “Walls”?
5. Herakles comments in “Walls” that all of Geryon's creative expressions reference what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)