|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Geryon and Herakles doing in “Walls”?
(a) Painting graffiti.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Going into a cafe.
(d) Sitting in a bookstore.
2. Where is Geryon in the opening of “Kiss”?
(a) His hotel room.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A meeting for writers.
3. In the poem that opens “Autobiography of Red: A Romance,” what is said to keep "His never slumbering plan"?
(a) "The reticent volcano."
(b) "His cold hands."
(c) "The ashes of the forgotten."
(d) "The winds of the coming storm."
4. In "Grooming," the opening sentence describes living childhood close to what?
(a) The sky.
(b) The desert.
(c) The forest.
(d) The sea.
5. What kind of animal from the carousel does Herakles take in “Harrods”?
(a) A horse.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books is Geryon reading in the beginning of “Kiss”?
2. What color is associated with Geryon in “Walls”?
3. What color is the awning over Harrods?
4. Where were the animals on the carousel carved, according to Ancash in “Harrods”?
5. The beginning of “Kiss” finds Geryon contemplating the "cracks and fissures of" what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)