|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the December 15, 1853, entry, what became more important to Muller as the years progressed?
2. According to the March 4, 1841, entry, how many weavers did Baron von Kamp find work for?
3. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, what should a person ask himself about his earthly occupation?
4. As stated in Chapter 16, which promise kept peace in Muller's soul?
5. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, what does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ not become as soon as he believes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Muller say that believers should not seek worldly possessions?
2. What did Muller believe about the amount of income a Christian should give?
3. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
4. How did Muller believe that Christians should feel about their possessions and income?
5. Summarize Muller's diary entry for December 9, 1846.
6. During 1857-1858, how were the institute funds that came to Muller used?
7. Summarize Muller's diary entry for May 24, 1851.
8. While praying about building the new orphanage, Muller cited this verse Proverbs 16:3: "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." What did this mean to Muller?
9. What did Muller believe about the natural mind?
10. How did Muller reply to the letter he received on March 26, 1840?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Muller said, "[God] listens to the supplications of His children who put their trust in Him." What did Muller say was the absolute required first step for anyone to have prayers answered? What two general things did Muller say must be true about any specific prayer? Explain the remaining steps Muller proposed. Explain his reasoning for all the steps.
Essay Topic 2
1 Corinthians 16:2: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." Describe what reasons Muller gives for telling others that they should give financially to the Lord. Include the other verses he uses to support what he says.
Essay Topic 3
"When 'sight' ceases, it is time for 'faith' to work." Muller believed that a Christian should walk by faith and not by sight. According to Muller, what does that mean? Give at least two examples from Muller's life.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)