|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, what should a person ask himself about his earthly occupation?
2. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
3. According to the January 25, 1847, entry, how many days did Muller wait for the amount of money needed to build the new orphanage?
4. According to the February 2, 1858, entry, from 1857 to 1858, how many schools were supported or assisted with funds?
5. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, what does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ not become as soon as he believes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Muller opened his institute, where did he want to see some of the donated funds used?
2. While praying about building the new orphanage, Muller cited this verse Proverbs 16:3: "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." What did this mean to Muller?
3. Why was May 26, 1856, a special day for Muller?
4. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
5. How did Muller fight against the powers of darkness that were trying to rob the church of the Holy Scriptures?
6. Why did Muller keep written accounts of all his works?
7. How did Muller believe that Christians should feel about their possessions and income?
8. What did Muller do when he did not understand a passage of Scripture?
9. What was Muller's financial difficulty on February 16, 1842?
10. Summarize Muller's diary entry for May 30, 1851.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1 Corinthians 16:2: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." Describe what reasons Muller gives for telling others that they should give financially to the Lord. Include the other verses he uses to support what he says.
Essay Topic 2
On December 30, 1845, Muller applied two points from the first chapter of Ezra to the orphan house. What two points are in that chapter and how did Muller apply them?
Essay Topic 3
Muller returned to the London seminary after his recuperation at Teignmouth. Describe the first two weeks after his return and his work with the London Jews. What problems did he encounter and how did he overcome them?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)