|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
2. What must orphans have to enter a typical orphanage other than Muller's?
3. According to the January 25, 1847, entry, how many days did Muller wait for the amount of money needed to build the new orphanage?
4. According to the December 1, 1842, entry, how is faith maintained and strengthened?
5. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how many days did Muller pray before receiving a donation to build a new orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Muller say is one of the church's goals in the "last evil days?"
2. Summarize Muller's diary entry for December 9, 1846.
3. When Muller opened his institute, where did he want to see some of the donated funds used?
4. What did Muller believe about the natural mind?
5. What reasons did people give for not donating to missionaries with no regular support?
6. Why did Muller keep written accounts of all his works?
7. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
8. Why did Muller say that believers should not seek worldly possessions?
9. While praying about building the new orphanage, Muller cited this verse Proverbs 16:3: "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." What did this mean to Muller?
10. How did Muller fight against the powers of darkness that were trying to rob the church of the Holy Scriptures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the five specific answers to prayer that Muller had when he left the ministry at Teignmouth?
Essay Topic 2
On December of 1850, "sixteen years and nine months since I began the Scriptural Knowledge Institute for Home and Abroad," Muller considers building another orphan house. Compare and contrast what he says about secular orphan houses contemporary to his. Tell why he feels that he is personally able to take on another house and the benefits the new house would bring.
Essay Topic 3
1 Corinthians 16:2: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." Describe what reasons Muller gives for telling others that they should give financially to the Lord. Include the other verses he uses to support what he says.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)