|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Muller give as to why might God not bless a businessman?
(a) Because he works on Sunday.
(b) Because he hires persuasive salesmen to defraud his customers.
(c) Because he does not give to God's work.
(d) Because he thinks more of his business than he does of God.
2. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
(a) 2 Chronicles 20:1
(b) 1 Chronicles 10:20
(c) 2 Chronicles 20:12
(d) 1 Chronicles 2:12
3. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
(a) The money was made in a sinful endeavor.
(b) The donor owed creditors.
(c) He had no need for money at the time.
(d) The donor was not a believer.
4. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
5. According to the March 9, 1947, entry, what makes faith easier?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Personal belief.
(c) Answered prayer.
(d) Greater difficulties.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
2. What must orphans have to enter a typical orphanage other than Muller's?
3. In December 1850, how many orphans were awaiting admission to the new orphanage?
4. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, on which street did Muller establish his fourth orphanage?
5. According to the May 26, 1855, entry, who was to live in the first phase of the new orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Muller feel about the deaths of his brother and father?
2. How did Muller reply to the letter he received on March 26, 1840?
3. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
4. When Muller opened his institute, where did he want to see some of the donated funds used?
5. Why was May 26, 1856, a special day for Muller?
6. Summarize Muller's diary entry for May 24, 1851.
7. What did Muller do on January 1, 1840?
8. Summarize Muller's diary entry for May 30, 1851.
9. How did Muller believe that Christians should feel about their possessions and income?
10. How did Muller compare and contrast the outward and inner believer concerning "food?"
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)