|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is the Bible reference for "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"?
(a) Hebrews 13:5.
(b) Romans 8:28.
(c) I Timothy 3:15.
(d) Philippians 4:16.
2. According to the February 2, 1858, entry, from 1857 to 1858, how many schools were supported or assisted with funds?
3. According to Muller in the December 1, 1842, entry, what does faith rest upon?
(a) The strength of the believer.
(b) The answers to prayers.
(c) The word of God.
(d) The foundation of Christ.
4. According to the March 9, 1947, entry, what makes faith easier?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Greater difficulties.
(c) Personal belief.
(d) Answered prayer.
5. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, what should a person ask himself about his earthly occupation?
(a) Can I do this job well?
(b) Will this job supply my needs?
(c) Is this a Christian occupation?
(d) Is this job God's will for me?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the January 25, 1847, entry, how many days did Muller wait for the amount of money needed to build the new orphanage?
2. According to the March 4, 1841, entry, how many weavers did Baron von Kamp find work for?
3. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what happens to the believer who "sows sparingly"?
4. According to the December 1, 1842, entry, how is faith maintained and strengthened?
5. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what is a person called who looks after those things which belong to God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Muller say is one of the church's goals in the "last evil days?"
2. How does Muller say one is to have power over temptations and gain more wisdom and grace?
3. How did Muller fight against the powers of darkness that were trying to rob the church of the Holy Scriptures?
4. Why was May 26, 1856, a special day for Muller?
5. Summarize Muller's diary entry for December 9, 1846.
6. During 1857-1858, how were the institute funds that came to Muller used?
7. Summarize Muller's diary entry for May 24, 1851.
8. How did Muller feel about the deaths of his brother and father?
9. How was Muller's patience tested on September 13, 1851?
10. How did Muller compare and contrast the outward and inner believer concerning "food?"
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)