|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of 1853, how much money was pledged to Muller's work?
(a) 8,100 pounds.
(b) 8,500 pounds.
(c) 7,600 pounds.
(d) 9,200 pounds.
2. In 1850, how large a second orphanage did Muller pray about building?
(a) One to house 700 orphans.
(b) One to house 800 orphans.
(c) One to house 900 orphans.
(d) One to house 1000 orphans.
3. Who wrote to Baron von Kamp for financial assistance?
4. According to Muller in Chapter 16, in whose name is the believer to pray to God?
(a) In the name of the Holy Spirit.
(b) In the name of the believer.
(c) In the name of the Trinity.
(d) In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. In the second of Muller's "Reasons For Moving From Wilson Street," what is the Bible reference for "Let not then your good be evil spoken of"?
(a) Romans 14:16.
(b) Colossians 4:21.
(c) I Peter 1:6.
(d) Jude 1:7.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is the Bible reference for "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning"?
2. How does Muller say a Christian businessman should advance his business?
3. According to the March 4, 1841, entry, in Germany, what was one name for true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ?
4. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
5. By the end of 1840, how many children had been enrolled in the days schools since they began?
Short Essay Questions
1. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
2. What did Muller say is one of the church's goals in the "last evil days?"
3. When Muller opened his institute, where did he want to see some of the donated funds used?
4. What did Muller believe about the amount of income a Christian should give?
5. How did Muller reply to the letter he received on March 26, 1840?
6. Why did Muller keep written accounts of all his works?
7. What prompted Muller to think about building an orphan house rather than just renting another building?
8. Summarize Muller's diary entry for December 9, 1846.
9. Why was Muller not surprised at a donation of 8,100 pounds for the new orphan house?
10. How did Muller feel about the deaths of his brother and father?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)