|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
(a) The donor was not a believer.
(b) The donor owed creditors.
(c) He had no need for money at the time.
(d) The money was made in a sinful endeavor.
2. Why were the weavers out of work in 1841?
(a) There was a war in Prussia.
(b) It was illegal to sell local fabric.
(c) Their equipment was confiscated.
(d) There was no wool to weave.
3. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, how should a believer give money to God?
4. What was the result of the death on May 26, 1857?
(a) Twenty-three orphans accepted Jesus as their Savior.
(b) One orphanage was closed.
(c) Donations poured in.
(d) Some children were removed from the orphanage.
5. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, how does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ obtain forgiveness?
(a) Through membership in the church.
(b) Through good works and alms.
(c) Through water baptism.
(d) Through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
2. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how many days did Muller pray before receiving a donation to build a new orphanage?
3. At the beginning of 1853, how much money was pledged to Muller's work?
4. Who wrote to Baron von Kamp for financial assistance?
5. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What blessing did Muller report several months before December 1842?
2. What did Muller say is one of the church's goals in the "last evil days?"
3. How did Muller feel about the deaths of his brother and father?
4. How did Muller compare and contrast the outward and inner believer concerning "food?"
5. How does Muller say one is to have power over temptations and gain more wisdom and grace?
6. While praying about building the new orphanage, Muller cited this verse Proverbs 16:3: "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." What did this mean to Muller?
7. What reasons did people give for not donating to missionaries with no regular support?
8. How was Muller's patience tested on September 13, 1851?
9. What prompted Muller to think about building an orphan house rather than just renting another building?
10. What did Muller believe about the amount of income a Christian should give?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)