|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muller plan to fund his orphanage?
(a) He trusted God to move men to donate.
(b) He would borrow from a bank.
(c) He planned a fund-raising campaign.
(d) He would work at a job and save.
2. Where did Brother Kayser go to be a missionary?
(c) Papua New Guinea.
3. In the August 22, 1839, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon Earth"?
(a) Luke 6:19.
(b) John 6:19.
(c) Matthew 6:19.
(d) Mark 6:19.
4. By July 12, 1837, how many day schools had been established?
5. What was one motive for Muller to begin an orphanage?
(a) To please his father.
(b) To be benevolent.
(c) To gain financially.
(d) To have a Christian ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Muller born?
2. How was Muller paid as a pastor after October 1830?
3. What happened when Muller preached at Pithay Chapel?
4. What was the age range for the first infant orphan house?
5. When was Muller's daughter born?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Muller, why do some businessmen suffer in their spiritual lives?
2. Why did Muller feel that expounding the Scriptures was most beneficial to his listeners?
3. Why was Muller dissatisfied with the existing religious societies of his day?
4. How was Muller's former classmate Beta instrumental in changing Muller's life?
5. How did Muller's father react to Muller's conversion and desire to serve the Lord?
6. What did Muller meditate about when he thought of this verse? Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."
7. What did Muller do when he was 16?
8. What was unique about George Muller's preaching?
9. What decision was made about rent for the orphan houses in 1838?
10. How did Muller support his work among the orphans?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)