|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1838, how were the orphan houses heated?
(a) With natural gas.
(b) With peat.
(c) With coal.
(d) With firewood.
2. Who was the first soul Muller stated that he lead to Christ?
(a) An American.
(b) A grocery clerk.
(c) A local schoolmaster.
(d) A fellow student.
3. Who recommended Muller help some Americans?
(a) Dr. Tholuck.
(b) Dr. Thurgood.
(c) Dr. Chesterfield.
(d) Dr. McGillicuddy.
4. What did the orphanage staff do the first three days of 1839?
(a) Clean the orphanages.
(b) Build a new kitchen.
(c) Sew clolthes for the children.
(d) Have prayer meetings.
5. What color clothes did Muller wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life was Muller living when his mother died?
2. According to the September 7, 1839, entry, where did Muller go when he left Bristol?
3. Where did Brother Kayser go to be a missionary?
4. In what year did Muller leave the London Society?
5. On August 29, 1838, how many believers were baptized in water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Muller's activities change after his conversion?
2. How did Muller's father react to Muller's conversion and desire to serve the Lord?
3. What did Muller do when he was 16?
4. Who was Beta and what did he and Muller do together?
5. How did Muller earn money to continue in seminary after his father disowned him?
6. How did Muller support his work among the orphans?
7. What kind of activities did Muller engage in while at Halberstadt?
8. Mark 14:7: "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always." What did this verse prompt Muller to do?
9. What was unusual about the August 29, 1838, water baptism?
10. Why was Muller dissatisfied with the existing religious societies of his day?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)