|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muller's father respond to his son's aspirations to become a missionary?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was disappointed.
(c) He was uninterested.
(d) He was happy.
2. By December 1838, how many adults had been taught to read?
3. Where did Muller go at age 20?
(a) University of Halle.
(b) University of London.
(c) University of Hamburg.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
4. In Chapter 5, when Muller was speaking of his belief about debt, what was the Bible reference for the verse he quoted: "Owe no man anything, but to love one another"?
(a) Matthew 24:5.
(b) I Corinthians 3:12.
(c) Philippians 4:6.
(d) Romans 13:8.
5. When was Muller's daughter born?
(a) September 17, 1832.
(b) September 18, 1833.
(c) September 16, 1833.
(d) September 19, 1832.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muller find more excellent than the preaching of the word of God?
2. Which organization wanted to send a minister to Bucharest?
3. What day did Muller decide to make plans for an orphanage?
4. What does Muller say a Christian believes about prayer?
5. What was Muller's primary motive in establishing the orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Muller began to labor among the Jews in London?
2. Why did Muller decide to not be supported as a missionary by the London Society?
3. According to Muller, why do some businessmen suffer in their spiritual lives?
4. Mark 14:7: "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always." What did this verse prompt Muller to do?
5. How was Muller's former classmate Beta instrumental in changing Muller's life?
6. How did Muller's father react to Muller's conversion and desire to serve the Lord?
7. Why did Muller believe that the Lord lead him to leave Bristol in September 1839?
8. According to Muller, how did the Lord provide for the orphans on September 18, 1838?
9. What was unique about George Muller's preaching?
10. What did Muller do when he was laid up with illness for a month in 1837?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)