|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which language did Muller not master?
2. According to Muller, what is a Christian not to do with an unregenerated man?
(a) Help him.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Preach to him.
(d) Fellowship with him.
3. What day did Muller decide to make plans for an orphanage?
(a) November 22, 1835.
(b) November 24, 1835.
(c) November 23, 1835.
(d) November 21, 1835.
4. Who recommended Muller help some Americans?
(a) Dr. McGillicuddy.
(b) Dr. Chesterfield.
(c) Dr. Tholuck.
(d) Dr. Thurgood.
5. In which country did Hermann Ball serve as a missionary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muller believe that the Bible says about spiritual matters from his day until now?
2. In the June 8, 1834, entry, what is the Bible reference for "My grace is sufficient for thee"?
3. In Chapter 5, when Muller was speaking of his belief about debt, what was the Bible reference for the verse he quoted: "Owe no man anything, but to love one another"?
4. On May 18, 1837, how many children lived in the first two orphanages?
5. How did Muller voice his needs for the first orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Muller earn money to continue in seminary after his father disowned him?
2. What kinds of questions did Muller suggest that a believer might ask as he reads the word of God?
3. What kind of activities did Muller engage in while at Halberstadt?
4. What did Muller meditate about when he thought of this verse? Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."
5. According to Muller, how did the Lord provide for the orphans on September 18, 1838?
6. What was Muller's primary reason for establishing an orphanage?
7. What was Muller's report on December 31, 1837?
8. Mark 14:7: "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always." What did this verse prompt Muller to do?
9. For what reasons did Muller decide to receive donations by a box in the chapel?
10. What was unusual about the August 29, 1838, water baptism?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)