|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what happens to the believer who "sows sparingly"?
(a) He reaps sparingly.
(b) He reaps bountifully.
(c) He will be blessed.
(d) He steals from God.
2. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
3. By May 1851, how many children had been taught in day schools?
4. According to the beginning of Chapter 16, what was Muller's desire for those who read his story?
(a) To trust God for everything.
(b) To support foreign missions.
(c) To donate to orphanages.
(d) To join a local church.
5. By December 1850, how much were the yearly expenses for the Scriptural Knowledge Institution for Home and Abroad?
(a) More than 6,000 pounds.
(b) More than 5,000 pounds.
(c) More than 7,000 pounds.
(d) More than 8,000 pounds.
6. According to the October 9, 1853, entry, what is the natural mind prone to do?
7. In the March 8, 1842, entry, how did Muller respond when a women wanted to give him 500 pounds?
(a) He told her to wait and be sure.
(b) He asked her where she wanted it used.
(c) He refused the money because is was from gambling.
(d) He thanked her and promised that the money would be well-used.
8. On December 5, 1850, how many orphans lived in the new orphanage?
9. In 1855, where did Muller decide to build the new orphanage?
(a) On land next to the 300-bed orphanage.
(b) Only one mile from the 300-bed orphanage.
(c) On the same land as the 300-bed orphanage.
(d) In a town adjacent to the 300-bed orphanage.
10. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how much was the first donation for building the new orphanage?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
11. According to the February 2, 1858, entry, from 1857 to 1858, how many Bibles and Scripture portions were distributed?
(a) Nearly 5,000.
(b) Nearly 4,000.
(c) More than 5,000.
(d) More than 4,000.
12. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what is the Bible reference for "There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself"?
(a) Proverbs 13:23,24.
(b) Proverbs 14:21,22.
(c) Proverbs 11:24,25.
(d) Proverbs 12:13,14.
13. According to Muller in Chapter 16, in whose name is the believer to pray to God?
(a) In the name of the Holy Spirit.
(b) In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(c) In the name of the believer.
(d) In the name of the Trinity.
14. By January 25, 1847, how much money had Muller received to build the new orphanage?
(a) 10,225 pounds.
(b) 11,245 pounds.
(c) 8,235 pounds.
(d) 9,285 pounds.
15. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
(a) The donor owed creditors.
(b) The money was made in a sinful endeavor.
(c) He had no need for money at the time.
(d) The donor was not a believer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, how does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ obtain forgiveness?
2. At the end of October 1845, besides prayer, how did Muller approach the situation of the Wilson Street orphanages?
3. In the second of Muller's "Reasons For Moving From Wilson Street," what is the Bible reference for "Let not then your good be evil spoken of"?
4. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, on which street did Muller establish his fourth orphanage?
5. What was the result of the death on May 26, 1857?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)