|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muller receive at the end of October 1845?
(a) A large donation.
(b) An eviction notice.
(c) A letter.
(d) Six new orphans.
2. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how much was the first donation for building the new orphanage?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
(a) 2 Chronicles 20:12
(b) 1 Chronicles 10:20
(c) 1 Chronicles 2:12
(d) 2 Chronicles 20:1
4. According to the December 1, 1842, entry, how is faith maintained and strengthened?
(a) When faith is exercised.
(b) When God doesn't answer prayer.
(c) When God answers prayer.
(d) When miracles occur.
5. According to the May 26, 1855, entry, while the new orphanage was being built, where did more than 6,000 orphans live?
(a) With people who abused them.
(b) In prison.
(c) In abandoned buildings.
(d) On the streets.
6. According to the February 2, 1858, entry, from 1857 to 1858, how many Bibles and Scripture portions were distributed?
(a) Nearly 5,000.
(b) More than 5,000.
(c) More than 4,000.
(d) Nearly 4,000.
7. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
(a) Proverbs 2:3,4.
(b) Proverbs 3:5,6.
(c) Proverbs 4:7,8.
(d) Proverbs 5:8,9.
8. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
(a) He had no need for money at the time.
(b) The donor was not a believer.
(c) The money was made in a sinful endeavor.
(d) The donor owed creditors.
9. According to the May 10, 1842, entry, how did Muller look back on his trials of faith?
(a) With joy and peace.
(b) With contentment and love.
(c) With hope and happiness.
(d) With sadness and security.
10. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, how does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ obtain forgiveness?
(a) Through water baptism.
(b) Through good works and alms.
(c) Through membership in the church.
(d) Through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. In May 1847, what couldn't be purchased because of the high price?
12. What did Muller say has tried to rob the church of the Holy Scriptures?
(a) The powers of darkness.
(b) The scholarship of men.
(c) The government.
(d) The atheist movement.
13. According to the October 9, 1853, entry, what event is recorded in Luke 7?
(a) Jesus being tempted in the wilderness.
(b) Jesus preaching by the lake of Gennesaret.
(c) The raising of the widow's son.
(d) The Pharisees' rebuke.
14. According to the March 9, 1947, entry, what makes faith easier?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Personal belief.
(c) Greater difficulties.
(d) Answered prayer.
15. According to the March 4, 1841, entry, in Germany, what was one name for true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, how should a believer give money to God?
2. According to the December 9, 1840, entry, how much did the children of the day schools contribute to their own expenses?
3. Where did Muller go in the beginning of 1840?
4. In December 1850, how many orphans were awaiting admission to the new orphanage?
5. On January 25, 1847, how much money was Muller sent for the building of the new orphanage?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)