|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must orphans have to enter a typical orphanage other than Muller's?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) An entrance fee.
(c) A sponsor.
(d) His own bed.
2. In May 1847, what couldn't be purchased because of the high price?
3. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what happens to the believer who "sows sparingly"?
(a) He reaps sparingly.
(b) He reaps bountifully.
(c) He will be blessed.
(d) He steals from God.
4. What did Muller say in Chapter 16 is one of the greatest trials a believer can experience?
(a) The death of a loved one.
(b) Severe illness.
(c) A near-death experience.
(d) The destruction of all one's possessions.
5. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what is a person called who looks after those things which belong to God?
(a) A steward.
(b) A porter.
(c) A believer.
(d) A laborer.
6. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
(a) Proverbs 4:7,8.
(b) Proverbs 2:3,4.
(c) Proverbs 3:5,6.
(d) Proverbs 5:8,9.
7. According to Muller in the May 10, 1842, entry, how does a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ obtain forgiveness?
(a) Through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(b) Through membership in the church.
(c) Through good works and alms.
(d) Through water baptism.
8. By the end of 1840, how many children had been enrolled in the days schools since they began?
9. In Chapter 16, what is the Bible reference for "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"?
(a) Romans 8:28.
(b) Philippians 4:16.
(c) Hebrews 13:5.
(d) I Timothy 3:15.
10. According to the October 9, 1853, entry, what is the natural mind prone to do?
11. According to the May 1, 1848, entry, what is the Bible reference for "There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself"?
(a) Proverbs 13:23,24.
(b) Proverbs 14:21,22.
(c) Proverbs 11:24,25.
(d) Proverbs 12:13,14.
12. In Chapter 16, what is the Bible reference for "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning"?
(a) James 1:17.
(b) I John 2:13.
(c) Titus 3:5.
(d) Ephesians 4:12
13. Why were the weavers out of work in 1841?
(a) There was a war in Prussia.
(b) It was illegal to sell local fabric.
(c) There was no wool to weave.
(d) Their equipment was confiscated.
14. According to Muller in the December 1, 1842, entry, what does faith rest upon?
(a) The strength of the believer.
(b) The word of God.
(c) The foundation of Christ.
(d) The answers to prayers.
15. By the end of 1840, how many adults had been instructed since the school began?
(a) About 150.
(b) About 140.
(c) About 130.
(d) About 160.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the May 10, 1842 entry, what is the Bible reference for "And truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ"?
2. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
3. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how much was the first donation for building the new orphanage?
4. In December 1850, how many orphans were awaiting admission to the new orphanage?
5. By January 25, 1847, how much money had Muller received to build the new orphanage?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)