|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the May 26, 1855, entry, how many were on the waiting list for the new orphanage?
2. According to the May 26, 1851, entry, why might a businessman not succeed in his business?
(a) He was unskilled in the business.
(b) He began with too little capital.
(c) He set up shop in a poor location.
(d) There was little need for his product.
3. According to the January 2, 1851, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"?
(a) Proverbs 5:8,9.
(b) Proverbs 3:5,6.
(c) Proverbs 2:3,4.
(d) Proverbs 4:7,8.
4. What did Muller say has tried to rob the church of the Holy Scriptures?
(a) The government.
(b) The atheist movement.
(c) The scholarship of men.
(d) The powers of darkness.
5. According to the December 9, 1840, entry, how much did the children of the day schools contribute to their own expenses?
6. According to the March 8, 1842, entry, what should a person ask himself about his earthly occupation?
(a) Is this job God's will for me?
(b) Can I do this job well?
(c) Will this job supply my needs?
(d) Is this a Christian occupation?
7. According to the February 2, 1858 entry, from 1857 to 1858, how many missionaries were aided?
8. In Chapter 16, what is the Bible reference for "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"?
(a) Romans 8:28.
(b) Hebrews 13:5.
(c) Philippians 4:16.
(d) I Timothy 3:15.
9. What reason does Muller give as to why might God not bless a businessman?
(a) Because he works on Sunday.
(b) Because he hires persuasive salesmen to defraud his customers.
(c) Because he thinks more of his business than he does of God.
(d) Because he does not give to God's work.
10. In December 1850, how many orphans were awaiting admission to the new orphanage?
11. Who died on May 26, 1857?
(a) A worker, Emily Lunstad.
(b) An orphan, Caroline Bailey.
(c) A missionary, Clyde Honford.
(d) A preacher, Stephen Williams.
12. By May 1851, how many adults had been taught in adult schools?
13. By the end of 1840, how many children had been enrolled in the days schools since they began?
14. According to the May 10, 1842, entry, how did Muller look back on his trials of faith?
(a) With sadness and security.
(b) With contentment and love.
(c) With hope and happiness.
(d) With joy and peace.
15. According to Muller in the December 1, 1842, entry, what does Muller call the time he lives in?
(a) These wicked sinful days.
(b) These hopeless, faithless days.
(c) These last evil days.
(d) These present hopeful days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Muller in the December 1, 1842, entry, what does faith rest upon?
2. According to the February 5, 1842, entry, who said, "Neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee"?
3. In the December 23, 1845, entry, how many days did Muller pray before receiving a donation to build a new orphanage?
4. On January 1, 1840, why did Muller return a donation?
5. What did Muller say in Chapter 16 is one of the greatest trials a believer can experience?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)