|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yogananda consider Burbank to be?
2. Yuteswar love Yogananda as _________.
3. Into what does Gandhi want Yogananda to initiate him?
4. What title does Yukteswar give Yogananda?
5. To what does Yukteswar compare Biblical scripture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does Yogananda learn in Chapter 26?
2. How does Yogananda help Kashi when he dies?
3. Why does Yogananda use other people's experiences as well as his own?
4. Describe the school Yogananda opens.
5. What does Mukunda's new name Yogananda mean?
6. What has happened to Yukeswar in Chapter 42?
7. What does Dick Wright experience while in India?
8. Why does Bala not eat food?
9. Describe Yogananda's speech in Boston in Chapter 35.
10. Why does Yogananda use Christianity to support his beliefs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Mukunda's mother's death affect his decision to follow a spiritual life? How did the tragedy of his mother's death affect Mukunda in a positive way?
Essay Topic 2
The book looks at such influential people as Gandhi. Choose one of the famous people Yogananda meets and examine his/her influence on world culture.
1) What were the beliefs and what influence have they had?
2) In what way were the ideas similar to Yogananda's?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Yogananda use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)