|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who lifts the Veil of Maya uncover?
2. On what day does Yogananda visit Gandhi?
3. What does Yogananda mean?
4. With which area does Romesh not help Mukunda?
5. What does ahimsa mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Babaji?
2. How does Mukenda help his sister Nalini?
3. How is Satish's life transformed in Chapter 22?
4. Who is Giri Bala?
5. Describe Yogananda's return to India,
6. What has happened to Yukeswar in Chapter 42?
7. Why does Bala not eat food?
8. What does Dick Wright experience while in India?
9. What lesson does Yogananda learn in Chapter 26?
10. Who is Trailanga?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Mukunda so obsessed with the Himalayas? In what way has Mukunda's obsession with the Himalayas affected his judgment?
Essay Topic 2
How did Mukunda's mother's death affect his decision to follow a spiritual life? How did the tragedy of his mother's death affect Mukunda in a positive way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)