|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yogananda told is impeccable about his Boston speech?
2. Ananadaoyi Ma the essence of __________.
3. Who describes the meeting in his/her journal?
4. From what does Kashi die?
5. Which of the following vows does an Indian monk not take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Yogananda's physic ideas in Chapter 30.
2. How does Luther Burbank help Yogananda?
3. Who is Therese Neumann?
4. What does Mukunda's new name Yogananda mean?
5. Who is Trailanga?
6. How does Mukunda pass his exams in Chapter 23?
7. How does Mukenda help his sister Nalini?
8. Describe the school Yogananda opens.
9. What are Yogananda's ideas on reincarnation at the beginning of Chapter 35?
10. What lesson does Yogananda learn in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine music and spirituality. How is music intertwined with spirituality? In what way could Mukunda use music to attract the masses to religion? Is Indian music is more intertwined with spirituality than Western music?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Mukunda the perfect man to take yoga to the West? Do the religious leaders prepare him for such a mission, and if so, in what way?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Hindu scripture to the Bible.
1) What are the similarities and differences?
2) In what way do the two texts reflect the different cultures that based their society on their teachings?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)