|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burbank has had visions of _____________.
2. About whom does Yogananda want to write a biography?
3. what name does Mukunda choose?
4. By which American is Yogananda impressed?
5. How long does Yogananda spend in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the benefit of Kriya Yoga?
2. Who is Tagore?
3. What does Dick Wright experience while in India?
4. What does Mukunda's new name Yogananda mean?
5. Why does Yogananda use other people's experiences as well as his own?
6. Who is Giri Bala?
7. Summarize Yogananda's physic ideas in Chapter 30.
8. What lesson does Yogananda learn in Chapter 26?
9. How does Yukteswar and Yogananda's relationship change in Chapter 42?
10. Why does Mukunda want to become a monk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Mukunda's mother's death affect his decision to follow a spiritual life? How did the tragedy of his mother's death affect Mukunda in a positive way?
Essay Topic 2
What events in Mukunda's early life influenced his decision to lead a spiritual life?How different do the students think Mukunda's life would have been if he were from a poor family?
Essay Topic 3
What does self realization mean? Is it purely a Hindu concept? In what way has Mukunda developed through self realization? Is self realization a natural process or one that has to be learned?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)