|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yukteswar want Mukunda to wear?
2. How many feet can Bhaduri raise himself in the air?
3. Where does the sleepless saint live?
4. What counteracts the negative pull of the planets?
5. What does Yukteswar say Mukunda has to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mukunda question about the Perfume Saint?
2. How does Yukteswar react to Mukunda's return in Chapter 14?
3. How does Mukunda cope with his mother's death?
4. In what way is Mukunda's character changing in Chapter 11?
5. What is the only way the Dr. Roy can further his life?
6. What discoveries does Mukunda claim Yukeswar made?
7. What advice does Bhaduri offer Mukunda in this chapter?
8. What happens at he film screening in Chapter 9?
9. How does Gopal rid Mukunda ofhis obsession for the Himalayas?
10. What does Antanta challenge Mukunda to do in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine music and spirituality. How is music intertwined with spirituality? In what way could Mukunda use music to attract the masses to religion? Is Indian music is more intertwined with spirituality than Western music?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Yogananda use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Yogananda talks about things that are specific to Indian culture such as the caste system and sanskrit. Choose one of these cultural references and discuss its relevance to Indian culture in terms of the following.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)