|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is every child born under?
2. Where should Mukunda have met his friends?
3. On what part of the body does Yukeswar strike Mukunda?
4. Jitendra is sad about ___________.
5. What feeling does Mukunda experience for his master?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three stories Yukteswar tells in Chapter 11
2. In what way does Mukunda compare his master to a human radio in Chapter 15?
3. How does Yukeswar reward Mukunda in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mukunda experience when Yukteswar strikes him on the chest in Chapter 14?
5. How does Mukunda's uncle react to Mukunda's request to borrow his servant?
6. How does Gopal rid Mukunda ofhis obsession for the Himalayas?
7. What is Bhaduri's gift?
8. How does Mukunda pass his final exams?
9. In what way is Mukunda's character changing in Chapter 11?
10. What advice does Bhaduri offer Mukunda in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Mukunda so obsessed with the Himalayas? In what way has Mukunda's obsession with the Himalayas affected his judgment?
Essay Topic 2
How does Yogananda show the positive changes in his character as he grew up and learned more about his religion? Is this a natural growth or solely a benefit of his religion?
Essay Topic 3
What is Kriya Yoga and how is it different from normal yoga? Why do Mukunda and his guru seem to put Kriya Yoga above other forms of Yoga?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)