|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With how many cauliflowers does Mukunda present his master?
2. How many daughters does Yukteswar have?
3. Where does the sleepless saint live?
4. Jitendra is sad about ___________.
5. What do the papers on the ground contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Mukunda come to in Chapter 13?
2. How does Mukunda pass his Sankrit class?
3. How does Mukunda react to having to leave his home?
4. How does Mukunda's family react to his return?
5. What telephatic message does Mukunda receive from Yukeswar in Chapter 19?
6. What advice does Bhaduri offer Mukunda in this chapter?
7. What does the wandering sage teach Mukunda?
8. What discoveries does Mukunda claim Yukeswar made?
9. In what way does Mukunda compare his master to a human radio in Chapter 15?
10. How does Mukunda pass his final exams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the stories Yogananda tells through the book.
1) Are the stories more symbolic than than they are true?
2) Choose one of the stories and discuss its meaning in relation to Yogananda's teachings.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, Mukunda almost dies of cholera. How does the illness change Mukunda and in what way could it be seen as important to his spiritual growth?
Essay Topic 3
Yogananda talks about things that are specific to Indian culture such as the caste system and sanskrit. Choose one of these cultural references and discuss its relevance to Indian culture in terms of the following.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)