|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mukunda will to come to him as a child?
2. What is every child born under?
3. What chore does Mukunda's master give him before their walk?
4. Who have written the letters?
5. Where does Mukunda finish his degree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Bhaduri offer Mukunda in this chapter?
2. How does Mukunda pass his Sankrit class?
3. How does Mukunda's father respond to his disappearance?
4. What does Mukunda experience when Yukteswar strikes him on the chest in Chapter 14?
5. What telephatic message does Mukunda receive from Yukeswar in Chapter 19?
6. Describe Mukunda's early life.
7. How does Mukunda react to having to leave his home?
8. What is bi-location?
9. How does Yukeswar reward Mukunda in Chapter 15?
10. In what way is Mukunda's character changing in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following statement: "Yogananda's promotion of his religion disguises the long running problems with their society that continue today." Find at least two examples in the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What is Kriya Yoga and how is it different from normal yoga? Why do Mukunda and his guru seem to put Kriya Yoga above other forms of Yoga?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the stories Yogananda tells through the book.
1) Are the stories more symbolic than than they are true?
2) Choose one of the stories and discuss its meaning in relation to Yogananda's teachings.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)