|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giri Bala wants to live by __________.
2. What does Mukunda want to become?
(a) A writer
(b) A film producer
(c) A monk
(d) A rock star
3. What is the name of Lahiri Mahasaya's life companion?
(a) Nadeem Kayum Singh
(b) Srimati Kashi Moni
(c) Sachin Tendulker
(d) Kapil Dev
4. In which American city does Yogananda deliver his first speech?
(b) San Francisco
(d) New Yourk
5. How long does it take Nalini to reach the same weight as Mukunda?
(a) 1 month
(b) 2 months
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 6 weeks
6. What is God's only sport?
(b) Developing his family
(c) Cosmic creation
7. What does Yogananda want to unite?
(a) The Sikhs and the Hindus
(b) China and Japan
(c) The East and the West
(d) India and Pakistan
8. What title does Yukteswar give Yogananda?
(b) High priest
(d) Kara Patri
9. Who has Pranbananda joined in the Himalayas?
10. What does Mukunda's father want him to become?
(a) An actor
(b) A railroad executive
(c) A lawyer
(d) A casnova
11. How old was Lahiri when he met his guru?
12. To what does Yukteswar compare Biblical scripture?
(a) Pagan scripture
(b) Islam scripture
(c) Hindu scripture
(d) Sikh scripture
13. What should one constantly ask himself/herself?
(a) Am I good?
(b) Who am I?
(c) Does God exist?
(d) Who are my friends?
14. Yuteswar love Yogananda as _________.
(a) A father
(b) A person
(c) A brother
(d) A son
15. What kind of animal does Mukunda save in this chapter?
(a) A cow
(b) A sheep
(c) A deer
(d) A monkey
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yogananda consider Burbank to be?
2. Where does Mukunda take a short trip?
3. Into what does Gandhi want Yogananda to initiate him?
4. Where is there a growing interest in meditation?
5. What did Babaji say when a man threatens to jump off a cliff?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)