|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Yukeswar's mother try to scare him?
(a) A stick
(b) A knife
(c) A folk tale
(d) A ghost story
2. What chore does Mukunda's master give him before their walk?
(a) Doing the laundry
(b) Mopping the floor
(c) Vacuuming the floors
(d) Sweeping the floors
3. At what does Mukunda laugh too much?
(b) Bhaduri's wit
(d) Bhaduri's troubled bowels
4. What did Mukunda will to come to him as a child?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) Two kites
(d) An orphan
5. Where does Mukunda finish his degree?
(a) King's College
(b) Serampore College
(c) Winchester College
6. What does Mukunda write in this chapter?
(a) A short story
(b) A poem
(c) A novel
(d) A letter
7. What is Mukunda's older brother's name?
8. From what does a person have to free himself/herself from in order to experience divinity?
(a) Lust and anger
(b) Pretensions and delusions
(c) Delusions and lust
(d) Anger and pretensions
9. Where does Yukteswar live?
10. How many younger brothers does Mukunda have?
11. What does Mukunda need to go to the Himalayas?
(a) Rock climbing lesson
(b) His master's blessing
(c) Somewhere to stay
(d) Good boots
12. How does the swami describe the peace he has gained from deep meditation?
(a) A third heaven
(b) A second pension
(c) God's love
13. What year was Mukunda born?
14. With how many cauliflowers does Mukunda present his master?
15. Who is Sri Yukteswar's divine guru?
(a) Kapil Dev
(c) Lahiri Mahasaya
(d) Narinha Singh
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nantu and Mukunda forget to study?
2. Who had the two strangers planned to escort?
3. Who raises money for Mukunda's four-year course?
4. What does Mukunda forget to do?
5. What illness does Sasi get?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)