Essay Topic 1
Compare Eastern and Western culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) In what way has the teaching of people like Yogananda been Westernized?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the stories Yogananda tells through the book.
1) Are the stories more symbolic than than they are true?
2) Choose one of the stories and discuss its meaning in relation to Yogananda's teachings.
Essay Topic 3
Yogananda talks about things that are specific to Indian culture such as the caste system and sanskrit. Choose one of these cultural references and discuss its relevance to Indian culture in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 4
Examine the following statement: "Yogananda's promotion of his religion disguises the long running problems with their society that continue today." Find at least two examples in the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 5
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)