|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does she hope to meet?
2. What does Lucy think about her appearance?
3. What does she seem to believe is wrong?
4. What do they use to form a jaw bone?
5. With whom does Lucy share a love of horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about her sexuality?
2. What method of reconstructive surgery does Dr. Conley suggest?
3. What happens when Lucy wakes from her surgery at St. Vincent?
4. What do Lucy and Jan have in common?
5. How does Lucy feel about herself at this point?
6. How has the cancer and chemo affected Lucy's social life and education?
7. How does Lucy protect herself, regarding her disfigured face?
8. What does Lucy begin doing at Diamond D?
9. What does Lucy think about this procedure?
10. How is Lucy's start at Sarah Lawrence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucy receives words of encouragement from people through letters and cards.
Part 1) What do these cards and letters say? Why do these people send these to her?
Part 2) How is she affected by these cards and letters? Why is she affected this way?
Part 3) What does this say about the importance of faith?
Essay Topic 2
Lucy's friend Kelly gives her her horse.
Part 1) Why does she give Lucy her horse? What does this reveal about Kelly?
Part 2) How does the horse, Sure Swinger, affect Lucy?
Part 3) What happens to the horse that keeps Lucy on a path of sadness tragedy? How does Lucy deal with this? What does this show about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
Lucy's parents leave her alone during her first bone marrow test.
Part 1) Why do they leave her alone? How is she affected by this?
Part 2) What does their behavior foreshadow?
Part 3) Do Lucy's parents love her? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)