|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy arrives home what does her mother have for her?
2. What does Lucy say about the grief she feels for her father?
3. What grades in school does Lucy mostly miss?
4. What do Lucy's friends all wonder about her?
5. Why does Lucy go to New York Medical Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy think about this procedure?
2. What do Lucy and Jan have in common?
3. What happens when Lucy develops a crush?
4. How do the boys treat Lucy?
5. What does Lucy begin doing at Diamond D?
6. What does Lucy wonder about Michael?
7. What complications does Lucy face from this surgery? How is she treated?
8. How has the cancer and chemo affected Lucy's social life and education?
9. How does Lucy protect herself, regarding her disfigured face?
10. What takes place when Lucy goes to New York Medical Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lucy wonders why people who do not have her deformity can ever be sad.
Part 1) Why does she wonder this? Why is she unable to understand that the pain she feels in not unique to her or her situation?
Part 2) What do these thoughts suggest about Lucy?
Part 3) Are you surprised she feels this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lucy must make decisions about reconstructive surgery.
Part 1) What options does she have? What option does she choose? Why do she choose it?
Part 2) What keeps her from choosing the pedestal method?
Part 3) Are these operations successful? Where they worth it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lucy analyzes the relationship between the visitor and the patient.
Part 1) How does she come to analyze this relationship?
Part 2) To what conclusion does she come? Why?
Part 3) How does this conclusion affect the visits she receives from her parents? How does it also help her deal with her parents?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)