|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy often pull someone aside?
(a) To see if they become upset upon seeing her deformity.
(b) To ask for directions.
(c) To recite some piece of poetry she's read and expecting that it's going to hold as profound a meaning for that person as it does for her.
(d) To make friends.
2. With what does Lucy begin school at Sarah Lawrence?
(c) Her best friend.
3. Where does Dr. Baker send Lucy?
(a) To his friend in Europe.
(b) To another surgeon in New York City.
(c) To another surgeon at the University of Iowa hospital.
(d) To a new surgeon in Los Angeles.
4. What does Lucy discover when she wakes in St. Vincent?
(a) She has as tracheotomy.
(b) She cannot feel her legs.
(c) Her face is much improved.
(d) She is feeling better.
5. Why does Lucy often spend vacation times with friends rather than returning home?
(a) Her mother sells the house and takes a small apartment.
(b) She does not want to see her mother.
(c) Her mother does not have time for her.
(d) Her mother does not want to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is all Lucy cares?
2. When the final shot is over, with whom does Lucy wait?
3. What job does Lucy's mother have to leave?
4. What happens one day when a beggar asks for money?
5. Where does she have a row of staples?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lucy and Jan have in common?
2. How does Lucy deal with the teasing and staring?
3. How does Lucy protect herself, regarding her disfigured face?
4. What takes place when Lucy goes to New York Medical Center?
5. How has the cancer and chemo affected Lucy's social life and education?
6. Who does Lucy hope to meet at Sarah Lawrence?
7. What changes take place in Lucy's life?
8. Where does Lucy get a job?
9. What does Lucy notice about her appearance at this time?
10. What takes place when Lucy meets Jude?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)