|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy having trouble doing?
2. Where does Dr. Baker send Lucy?
(a) To another surgeon in New York City.
(b) To his friend in Europe.
(c) To another surgeon at the University of Iowa hospital.
(d) To a new surgeon in Los Angeles.
3. What does she seem to believe is wrong?
(a) For her to want something other than her situation.
(b) For her to believe she will need more surgeries.
(c) For her to understand why she is depressed.
(d) For her to want her friends to feel sorry for her.
4. Why does Lucy often pull someone aside?
(a) To ask for directions.
(b) To recite some piece of poetry she's read and expecting that it's going to hold as profound a meaning for that person as it does for her.
(c) To see if they become upset upon seeing her deformity.
(d) To make friends.
5. Where does she have a row of staples?
(a) On her hip.
(b) On her elbow.
(c) On her head.
(d) On her stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surgery does this surgeon want to use?
2. Why does Lucy say she no longer needs anyone to say anything to her?
3. What does she not understand?
4. What game does Lucy play while in public?
5. What does Lucy note about this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy feel about her last six weeks of chemo?
2. Who does Lucy hope to meet at Sarah Lawrence?
3. What happens when Lucy starts junior high?
4. How does Lucy acquire Sure Swinger? What happens to Sure Swinger?
5. What happens when Lucy wakes from her surgery at St. Vincent?
6. How is Lucy's start at Sarah Lawrence?
7. How does Lucy feel about herself at this point?
8. What does Lucy wonder about Michael?
9. What does Lucy notice about her appearance at this time?
10. What happens when Lucy develops a crush?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)