|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy spend hours working out?
(a) Jude wants her to work out.
(b) She has control over her body.
(c) It makes her feel good about herself.
(d) She has nothing better to do.
2. When Lucy looks the procedure up in a book, how does she find herself?
(a) With a great amount of fear.
(b) Filled with anger.
(c) Completely without hope.
(d) With some hope.
3. About whom does Lucy briefly talk?
4. What does Dr. Baker do when the time comes for her next surgery?
(a) He sends her to someone with more experience.
(b) He discusses her options.
(c) He tells her he cannot have her as a patient.
(d) He cites a lack of time and passes her off to two other doctors for the surgery.
5. With what does Lucy begin school at Sarah Lawrence?
(c) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lucy observes the actions of the other teenage girls working at the stables, to what conclusion does she come?
2. With what does Lucy try convince herself that she can replace her need for a lover?
3. What does Lucy do to protect herself?
4. What does Lucy come to wonder?
5. What does Lucy admit about herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lucy hope to meet at Sarah Lawrence?
2. How do the boys treat Lucy?
3. What does Lucy say about her father's time in the hospital and his eventual death?
4. What method of reconstructive surgery does Dr. Conley suggest?
5. What does note about Michael?
6. How does Lucy feel about her sexuality?
7. Where does Lucy get a job?
8. What happens when Lucy develops a crush?
9. What takes place when Lucy meets Jude?
10. What does Lucy notice about her appearance at this time?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)