|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ordeal for Lucy?
2. Who do not belong together for the long-term?
(a) The patient and doctor.
(b) The visitor and patient.
(c) The visitor and nursing staff.
(d) The patient and his or her illness.
3. What does the doctor believe about Lucy's jaw?
(a) It is probably fractured.
(b) It is probably fine.
(c) It is probably going to need to be wired shut.
(d) It is probably hurting from a toothache.
4. How does Lucy later learn why her mother wanted to buy her a wig?
(a) She is embarrassed to see her daughter's hair falling out.
(b) She has changed her mind about wigs.
(c) She was speaking to someone on the phone saying the wig fitting was the first time she had seen Lucy smile in some time.
(d) She does not want Lucy's head to get cold.
5. What happens to Lucy about six months later?
(a) Her face feels fine.
(b) Her jaw begins to deteriorate.
(c) Her face is swollen and hot.
(d) Her teeth begin to fall out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show has a recurring skit about a man who climbs a mountain to ask a guru for the meaning of life.
2. Is Lucy an good athlete?
3. Why might Lucy like working with horses?
4. What does Lucy create near the garage in what she calls "a small island of grass between the sea of driveway asphalt and the front walk of cement?"
5. What does Lucy call her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does she miss a chemo treatment? How does she feel about this?
2. How does Lucy compare her family to other families?
3. How does Lucy appear when her parents come for her birthday?
4. How does Lucy feel on Fridays?
5. How do both Lucy's mother and her mother's friends try to help her deal with her hair loss?
6. How do others treat Lucy's facial deformity?
7. What does Lucy do after her second week of chemo?
8. What takes place during Lucy's chemo treatments?
9. How does Lucy feel about moving into another ward?
10. How does Lucy feel about her first experience in the hospital?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)