|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the nurse she likes best?
2. How long has Lucy been acquainted with the idea of death?
(a) Since she found out she had cancer.
(b) Since her grandfather had died when she was eight.
(c) Since she was six when a family pet died.
(d) Since her parents had sat all the children down and discussed it.
3. What happens to Lucy about six months later?
(a) Her teeth begin to fall out.
(b) Her face is swollen and hot.
(c) Her face feels fine.
(d) Her jaw begins to deteriorate.
4. How does Lucy react when her hair begins to fall out?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She cries.
(c) She screams.
(d) She is silent.
5. About whom does Lucy feel especially guilty?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning, what does Lucy's mother give her?
2. What does no one, even her boss, Ms. Daniels, seem to think is a bad idea?
3. By the time Lucy has had three operations leading into the major surgery to remove the majority of her jawbone, how does she feel about pre-operative injections?
4. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
5. How does she try to catch pneumonia again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during Lucy's chemo treatments?
2. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
3. What does Lucy do after her second week of chemo?
4. Describe Lucy's "kingdom."
5. How does Lucy compare her family to other families?
6. How does Lucy feel about her weeks and the days in between her chemo treatments?
7. What takes place the morning after the pain begins?
8. How do others treat Lucy's facial deformity?
9. How does Lucy feel after her surgery?
10. Who is Lucy's favorite nurse? Why?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)