|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Lucy become obsessed?
(a) Finding a way to seek out that guru for herself.
(b) Her visits to the hospital.
(c) Her medication.
2. By the time Lucy has had three operations leading into the major surgery to remove the majority of her jawbone, how does she feel about pre-operative injections?
(a) She does not think much about them.
(b) She comes to dread them.
(c) She is annoyed by them.
(d) She comes to welcome them.
3. What do Lucy and this boy do around the hospital?
(a) Make friends with the doctors.
(b) Help out the nursing staff.
(c) Visit other sick children.
(d) Get into mischief.
4. How does she try to catch pneumonia again?
(a) When she sits out in the cold.
(b) When she tries to be around her sister who has pneumonia.
(c) When she tries to inhale bathwater.
(d) When she lays in bed without moving for many hours.
5. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) Her hospital stay.
(b) Transportation to the hospital.
(c) In-home nursing care.
(d) Her chemo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her mother is asked about the wigs that Lucy does not want to wear, how does she respond?
2. Why does she scratch herself with a rusty nail?
3. What is an ordeal for Lucy?
4. Of what does Lucy tell?
5. What does Lucy begin to notice in her mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy first feels signs of her cancer?
2. What is surprising about Lucy's parents' behavior when she has her bone marrow test?
3. What does Lucy do after her second week of chemo?
4. Describe Lucy.
5. What does Lucy do when she gets home after her first chemo treatment?
6. How does Lucy feel after her surgery?
7. How does Lucy compare her family to other families?
8. What does Lucy begin to notice on her mouth? How else is she affected by the chemo?
9. What happens when Lucy's father loses his job?
10. How does Lucy feel on Fridays?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)