|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Lucy's family move?
2. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(b) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
(c) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
(d) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
3. When does Lucy miss a treatment?
(a) When she pretends to faint.
(b) When she gets tetanus.
(c) When she gets pneumonia again.
(d) Her blood work is off.
4. With what does Lucy become obsessed?
(b) Finding a way to seek out that guru for herself.
(c) Her visits to the hospital.
(d) Her medication.
5. What happens when Lucy wakes in recovery?
(a) She's hurting all over and finds she has had a tracheotomy.
(b) She is feeling better than before surgery.
(c) The surgery did not go as planned.
(d) She finds out that Mary had lied to her about the pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy learn, as a teenager, that there's a five percent survival rate for victims of Ewing's sarcoma, the disease Lucy battled?
2. What, regarding her looks, is Lucy not sure about?
3. What happens when Lucy's mother can't smoke?
4. What does Lucy wonder is what keeps her from seeing a sign from God?
5. Of what does Lucy tell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucy's family's background.
2. How does Lucy feel about her first experience in the hospital?
3. What does Lucy do to try to skip her chemo treatments?
4. How does Lucy feel about her weeks and the days in between her chemo treatments?
5. How does Lucy first feels signs of her cancer?
6. How do others treat Lucy's facial deformity?
7. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
8. What happens when Lucy's father loses his job?
9. How does Lucy feel after three operations?
10. What takes place the morning after the pain begins?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)