|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
(b) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(c) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
(d) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
2. What does Lucy's mother insist that she be?
3. How does Lucy's test go?
(a) With major complications.
(b) With minor complications.
(c) The surgery does not take place.
4. How does Lucy's mother soothe her?
(a) By telling her she mustn't cry.
(b) By telling her to suck it up.
(c) By telling her that she loves her.
(d) By telling her she will be fine.
5. What does Lucy call her mother?
(a) Only Friend.
(b) Best Friend.
(c) Patient Visitor.
(d) Visitor Extraordinaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucy say that she got the job?
2. What do Lucy and this boy do around the hospital?
3. How is Lucy when her family comes to visit on her birthday?
4. For what does she feel guilty?
5. What, regarding her looks, is Lucy not sure about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place during Lucy's chemo treatments?
2. Who is Lucy's favorite nurse? Why?
3. How do others treat Lucy's facial deformity?
4. When does she miss a chemo treatment? How does she feel about this?
5. What happens when Lucy's father loses his job?
6. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
7. How does Lucy feel after three operations?
8. What happens after six months?
9. How does Lucy feel about moving into another ward?
10. Describe Lucy's "kingdom."
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)