|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes an obsession?
(a) The dressing up.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. What does Lucy come to realize and accept?
(a) What has happened to her is not any sort of punishment.
(b) What has happened to her could have been prevented.
(c) What has happened to her will happen to no one else.
(d) What has happened to her is a punishment.
3. After she leaves the hospital, what does Lucy wonder?
(a) If he regrets jumping.
(b) If he will ever walk again.
(c) If he wishes he had not survived the jump.
(d) If he ever pictures himself standing above the water and planning to make the jump.
4. How often does Lucy visit her father during his hospital stay?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. When Jude breaks up with her, and she takes a long look at herself in the mirror, what does she realize?
(a) Her bone graft is still doing well.
(b) Her bone graft is being reabsorbed like the other grafts.
(c) She is uglier than she expected.
(d) She is beautiful.
6. What happens when Lucy's father becomes ill?
(a) He spends a short time in the hospital before he is released.
(b) He dies.
(c) He goes to see the doctor.
(d) He spends a long time in the hospital.
7. Why does Lucy say she no longer needs anyone to say anything to her?
(a) She is capable of beating down her self-esteem all by herself.
(b) She can only imagine what they think of her.
(c) She can read their minds.
(d) She has heard enough to know what people think.
8. Why does Lucy almost welcome the start of chemotherapy again?
(a) She does not have to do school work.
(b) It takes her away from school.
(c) It is a routine that she is used to.
(d) She gets to see her favorite nurse.
9. How does Lucy say she feels about her appearance?
(a) Somewhat better.
(b) The same.
10. What job does Lucy's mother have to leave?
(a) Her job in a corporation.
(b) Her job in a bank.
(c) Her job in a nursing home.
(d) Her job at a school.
11. What has Lucy become unable to control?
(a) Her excitement to be at the hospital.
(b) Her crying through the treatments.
(c) Her desire to be away from school.
(d) Her mother's reactions to her treatments.
12. When the call comes saying that her father had died, how does the family feel?
(a) Shock and sadness.
(b) They experience a huge sense of relief.
(d) Anger and frustration.
13. Why can Lucy be glad of her face?
(a) It makes the "error of earthly desire" evident.
(b) It keeps people from liking her for her looks.
(c) It shows who really cares about her.
(d) It reveals the feelings of others.
14. What do Lucy's friends all wonder about her?
(a) If she will ever look normal.
(b) If she is going to return to school.
(c) If she feels pain.
(d) If she is dying.
15. About what is all Lucy cares?
(a) Getting her schoolwork done.
(b) Getting better.
(c) Having a pretty face.
(d) Having time away from school and the taunts of the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lucy worried about putting up her hair to show the horses?
2. What does Lucy wonder about those without her deformity?
3. What happened to the nurse and intern transporting Lucy?
4. How many more weeks of chemo does Lucy's mother remind her she has?
5. She says that after that revelation, what does she do?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)