|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy realize about her father?
(a) Just how distant he had been in her life.
(b) Just how different they had been.
(c) Just how much her mother misses him.
(d) Just how much she misses him and what a gap his death has left in her life.
2. Where does Dr. Baker send Lucy?
(a) To another surgeon at the University of Iowa hospital.
(b) To a new surgeon in Los Angeles.
(c) To his friend in Europe.
(d) To another surgeon in New York City.
3. What happens when Dr. Baker performs another graft?
(a) It is not done well.
(b) It takes.
(c) It is instantly rejected by her body.
(d) It is being reabsorbed.
4. Does Lucy ask her mother about Teresa's comment?
(c) Much later.
(d) Not at first.
5. How is Lucy her old bubbly self at Halloween?
(a) She conceals her face.
(b) Everyone thinks she has on a mask.
(c) She is with close friends.
(d) It is dark.
6. As Lucy observes the actions of the other teenage girls working at the stables, to what conclusion does she come?
(a) She does not like them.
(b) She will never be like them.
(c) She will never understand them.
(d) She will never have love.
7. How many more weeks of chemo does Lucy's mother remind her she has?
8. About whom does Lucy briefly talk?
9. When the final shot is over, with whom does Lucy wait?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) The doctor.
10. About what does Lucy vow to learn?
11. What does Lucy note about the girl injured in a boating accident?
(a) She makes too much of a fuss over what would be a short-term problem.
(b) The girl is just as depressed as she is.
(c) She will be paralyzed for life.
(d) She is very annoying.
12. How long would the process take to complete?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
13. What does Lucy note about this person?
(a) He is a daredevil like her.
(b) If they were in school they would be good friends.
(c) If they were at school he would be among those boys tormenting her.
(d) He seems interested in her and can see past her deformity.
14. At his urging, what does Lucy do?
(a) She dresses differently and eventually begins to see herself as a woman.
(b) She studies poetry.
(c) She goes to grad school.
(d) She looks into new surgery options.
15. What series of surgeries does Lucy then begin?
(a) Vision surgeries.
(b) Ear surgeries.
(c) Cheekbone surgeries.
(d) Dental surgeries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lucy be glad of her face?
2. With what does Lucy begin school at Sarah Lawrence?
3. Lucy meets with Dr. Baker regarding what to do next and learns what about Medicaid?
4. To whose situation does Lucy compare her own?
5. What does Lucy discover about the graft this time?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)