|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more weeks of chemo does Lucy's mother remind her she has?
2. What happens one day when a beggar asks for money?
(a) He looks at her and hands her a dollar and walks away.
(b) He screams when he sees her.
(c) He runs away from her.
(d) He looks at her and hands her a twenty and walks away.
3. About what does Lucy vow to learn?
4. Why does Lucy often pull someone aside?
(a) To recite some piece of poetry she's read and expecting that it's going to hold as profound a meaning for that person as it does for her.
(b) To see if they become upset upon seeing her deformity.
(c) To ask for directions.
(d) To make friends.
5. What does she seem to believe is wrong?
(a) For her to understand why she is depressed.
(b) For her to want something other than her situation.
(c) For her to want her friends to feel sorry for her.
(d) For her to believe she will need more surgeries.
6. When Lucy looks the procedure up in a book, how does she find herself?
(a) Completely without hope.
(b) With some hope.
(c) With a great amount of fear.
(d) Filled with anger.
7. What does Lucy say about the grief she feels for her father?
(a) It is not as strong as she thought it would be.
(b) It is pure and uncomplicated.
(c) It is not what she expected.
(d) It is more complex.
8. How does Lucy console herself?
(a) With the knowledge that her family loves her.
(b) With the knowledge that few people could have withstood the pain she's been through.
(c) With the knowledge that someday her face will be beautiful.
(d) With the knowledge that she is beautiful on the inside.
9. About whom does Lucy briefly talk?
10. What game does Lucy play while in public?
(a) Trying to catch children looking at her.
(b) Trying to catch adults looking at her.
(c) Trying to get people to look at her.
(d) Trying to get people to ask about her deformity.
11. What does Dr. Baker propose?
(a) Cutting skin from Lucy's hip and grafting it to her jaw.
(b) Growing her skin in a petrie dish.
(c) Taking skin from a corpse.
(d) The pedestal method.
12. What is the premonition that Lucy has one day?
(a) There will come a day when her father will no longer be there for her.
(b) There will come a day when she will not live with her father.
(c) There will come a day when she does not need her father.
(d) There will come a day when her father might not want to see her.
13. Where does she have a row of staples?
(a) On her stomach.
(b) On her elbow.
(c) On her hip.
(d) On her head.
14. What does Lucy wonder about those without her deformity?
(a) How they can ever be sad.
(b) How they can possibly understand her situation.
(c) How they can live a full life.
(d) How they can feel sorry for her.
15. What happens during the end of her freshman year and the following summer?
(a) Some changes take place.
(b) She adjusts to her looks.
(c) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(d) The usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy often spend vacation times with friends rather than returning home?
2. What does Lucy say is going to happen to this person, because of a stupid stunt?
3. Lucy says that as a young child, she and Sarah would do what to their father?
4. How does Lucy say she feels about her appearance?
5. Lucy meets with Dr. Baker regarding what to do next and learns what about Medicaid?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)