|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Lucy sympathetic of others as she faces her own crisis?
(c) At times.
2. Does Lucy ask her mother about Teresa's comment?
(a) Not at first.
(d) Much later.
3. On whom does Lucy develop a crush?
(a) A classmate named Danny.
(d) Her boss, Hans.
4. What happens while Lucy is considering reconstructive surgery options?
(a) Her parents buy her a horse named Sure Swinger.
(b) A new horse arrives at Diamond D named Sure Swinger.
(c) She meets a doctor who has a new surgery method.
(d) Her friend Kelly moves away and gives Lucy her horse, Sure Swinger.
5. What game does Lucy play while in public?
(a) Trying to catch children looking at her.
(b) Trying to catch adults looking at her.
(c) Trying to get people to look at her.
(d) Trying to get people to ask about her deformity.
6. About whom does Lucy briefly talk?
7. When the call comes saying that her father had died, how does the family feel?
(b) They experience a huge sense of relief.
(c) Shock and sadness.
(d) Anger and frustration.
8. What does Lucy begin carrying around?
(a) Thick books of poetry.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A screen.
(d) A mask.
9. As a college graduate, how does Lucy remain?
(a) A virgin.
(b) Without friends.
(c) Unsure of what she wants.
(d) Excited about school.
10. With what does Lucy try convince herself that she can replace her need for a lover?
(a) With drugs.
(b) With exercise.
(c) With friends.
(d) With poetry.
11. About what is all Lucy cares?
(a) Getting better.
(b) Getting her schoolwork done.
(c) Having time away from school and the taunts of the boys.
(d) Having a pretty face.
12. Why does Lucy say she no longer needs anyone to say anything to her?
(a) She has heard enough to know what people think.
(b) She can only imagine what they think of her.
(c) She can read their minds.
(d) She is capable of beating down her self-esteem all by herself.
13. What does Lucy discover when she wakes in St. Vincent?
(a) Her face is much improved.
(b) She has as tracheotomy.
(c) She is feeling better.
(d) She cannot feel her legs.
14. With whom does Lucy go trick-or-treating?
15. How is the bone unlike the skin grafts?
(a) It does not swell and the improvement is immediate.
(b) It swells horribly.
(c) It does not take.
(d) It is instantly rejected by her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy come to realize and accept?
2. What becomes an obsession?
3. At his urging, what does Lucy do?
4. As Lucy observes the actions of the other teenage girls working at the stables, to what conclusion does she come?
5. How is Lucy her old bubbly self at Halloween?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)