|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the call comes saying that her father had died, how does the family feel?
(a) Shock and sadness.
(b) They experience a huge sense of relief.
(c) Anger and frustration.
2. As a college graduate, how does Lucy remain?
(a) Without friends.
(b) Unsure of what she wants.
(c) A virgin.
(d) Excited about school.
3. Why is Lucy finally sent to the ICU?
(a) To have another surgery.
(b) To have her trach removed.
(c) To be put on a respirator.
(d) To remove the staples.
4. What does Lucy come to realize and accept?
(a) What has happened to her is a punishment.
(b) What has happened to her is not any sort of punishment.
(c) What has happened to her could have been prevented.
(d) What has happened to her will happen to no one else.
5. What does Lucy admit about herself?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She angry.
(c) She is content.
(d) She is worried.
6. What surgery does this surgeon want to use?
(a) The transplant system.
(b) The silicone system.
(c) The pedestal system.
(d) The graft system.
7. How do the boys tease her?
(a) By telling her to take off that mask.
(b) By telling her she scares them.
(c) By telling her she is a monster.
(d) By telling her she would be good in a scary movie.
8. What does Lucy discover about the graft this time?
(a) It is successful.
(b) It stretches from ear-to-ear and is horribly swollen.
(c) It is what she had expected.
(d) It is hard to see.
9. With what does Lucy begin school at Sarah Lawrence?
(a) Her best friend.
10. What does Lucy realize about her father?
(a) Just how different they had been.
(b) Just how distant he had been in her life.
(c) Just how much her mother misses him.
(d) Just how much she misses him and what a gap his death has left in her life.
11. After she leaves the hospital, what does Lucy wonder?
(a) If he ever pictures himself standing above the water and planning to make the jump.
(b) If he regrets jumping.
(c) If he wishes he had not survived the jump.
(d) If he will ever walk again.
12. What does Lucy note about this person?
(a) If they were at school he would be among those boys tormenting her.
(b) He seems interested in her and can see past her deformity.
(c) If they were in school they would be good friends.
(d) He is a daredevil like her.
13. What does Lucy discover when she wakes in St. Vincent?
(a) She cannot feel her legs.
(b) She is feeling better.
(c) She has as tracheotomy.
(d) Her face is much improved.
14. With whom does Lucy share a love of horses?
15. When Jude breaks up with her, and she takes a long look at herself in the mirror, what does she realize?
(a) Her bone graft is being reabsorbed like the other grafts.
(b) She is uglier than she expected.
(c) Her bone graft is still doing well.
(d) She is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is all Lucy cares?
2. How long would the process take to complete?
3. Lucy meets with Dr. Baker regarding what to do next and learns what about Medicaid?
4. Why does Lucy go to New York Medical Center?
5. How often does Lucy visit her father during his hospital stay?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)