|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) Transportation to the hospital.
(b) In-home nursing care.
(c) Her hospital stay.
(d) Her chemo.
2. What does the doctor believe about Lucy's jaw?
(a) It is probably going to need to be wired shut.
(b) It is probably fine.
(c) It is probably fractured.
(d) It is probably hurting from a toothache.
3. With what does Lucy become obsessed?
(a) Finding a way to seek out that guru for herself.
(b) Her medication.
(c) Her visits to the hospital.
4. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
(b) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(c) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
(d) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
5. By the time Lucy has had three operations leading into the major surgery to remove the majority of her jawbone, how does she feel about pre-operative injections?
(a) She comes to dread them.
(b) She comes to welcome them.
(c) She is annoyed by them.
(d) She does not think much about them.
6. What does Lucy wonder is what keeps her from seeing a sign from God?
(a) Her lack of faith.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He does not exist.
(d) She is not smart enough to notice the signs.
7. Who is the nurse she likes best?
8. What happens to Lucy about six months later?
(a) Her face is swollen and hot.
(b) Her teeth begin to fall out.
(c) Her jaw begins to deteriorate.
(d) Her face feels fine.
9. For what does she feel guilty?
(a) Enjoying her first hospital stay.
(b) Wanting to be alone.
(c) Inflicting the pain of her illness on her family.
(d) Ignoring her family.
10. Why does Lucy's insurance change?
(a) Her dad loses his job at ABC and is hired by CBS.
(b) The insurance company drops her.
(c) Her dad's company drops his insurance.
(d) Her parents cannot afford the current company's premium.
11. Into what ward is she moved?
(a) A ward for those who are dying.
(b) A ward with a group of anorexic teenage girls.
(c) A ward with other children with cancer.
(d) A ward for those about to go home.
12. What happens during the ride home?
(a) Lucy often throws up in the mixing bowl kept on the floor of the car for that purpose.
(b) Lucy sleeps.
(c) Lucy feels much better.
(d) Lucy and her mother ride in silence.
13. Who was not Lucy's favorite visitor?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her friend, Jan.
14. What television show has a recurring skit about a man who climbs a mountain to ask a guru for the meaning of life.
(a) Hee Haw.
(c) Three's Company.
(d) The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
15. Why does Lucy say she can't open her mouth?
(a) She might say something she does not mean.
(b) Her jaw hurts too much.
(c) Her jaw is stuck.
(d) Her lips are stuck together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lucy's parents say when she asks if they weren't going to stay?
2. Is Lucy an good athlete?
3. How old was Lucy when her family moved to the United States?
4. What does Lucy say begins to revive her?
5. What must Lucy endure while working there?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)