|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the ride home?
(a) Lucy feels much better.
(b) Lucy and her mother ride in silence.
(c) Lucy often throws up in the mixing bowl kept on the floor of the car for that purpose.
(d) Lucy sleeps.
2. Why is Lucy perplexed when her mother says she will buy her a wig if she wants one?
(a) Her family is short on money, and wigs are expensive.
(b) Her mother does not like wigs.
(c) Her family does not want her to cover her head.
(d) Her mother wants her to wear a hat.
3. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
(a) A boy named Daniel.
(b) A boy named Derek.
(c) A boy named David.
(d) A boy named Darrell.
4. Why does Dr. Canton suggest emergency surgery?
(a) He believes Lucy has a broken jaw.
(b) He believes Lucy has cancer.
(c) He believes Lucy has an infection.
(d) He believes Lucy has a cyst.
5. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
(b) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
(c) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(d) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
6. When does Lucy miss a treatment?
(a) When she gets tetanus.
(b) Her blood work is off.
(c) When she gets pneumonia again.
(d) When she pretends to faint.
7. What does Lucy ask to do before she is fed liquid food down her feeding tube?
(a) Touch it.
(b) Taste it.
(c) Smell it.
(d) Brush her teeth.
8. How does Lucy feel about people not asking about her deformity?
(a) She feels a deeper offense.
(b) She feels unsure.
(c) She feels relieved.
(d) She feels worried.
9. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) Transportation to the hospital.
(b) Her hospital stay.
(c) In-home nursing care.
(d) Her chemo.
10. Why might Lucy like working with horses?
(a) They are easy to handle.
(b) They will not judge her by her looks.
(c) They are pretty.
(d) They help her make friends.
11. About whom does Lucy feel especially guilty?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
12. What happens to Lucy as time passes?
(a) She gradually improves.
(b) She gradually becomes worse.
(c) She is healed.
(d) She stays the same.
13. How does Lucy feel on Fridays?
(a) Sad that she cannot be as brave as her mother wants.
(b) Excited to get the treatment started.
(c) Worried about the chemo treatment.
(d) Anxiety over the chemo treatment.
14. How old was Lucy when her family moved to the United States?
15. Who was not Lucy's favorite visitor?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her friend, Jan.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Lucy tell?
2. What do Lucy's parents say when she asks if they weren't going to stay?
3. How does Lucy learn that she will skip her chemo treatment if she is sick?
4. How does Lucy say that she got the job?
5. What does Lucy do when the parents start pulling out cameras?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)