|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Lucy become obsessed?
(b) Finding a way to seek out that guru for herself.
(c) Her visits to the hospital.
(d) Her medication.
2. Why does Dr. Canton suggest emergency surgery?
(a) He believes Lucy has a cyst.
(b) He believes Lucy has cancer.
(c) He believes Lucy has an infection.
(d) He believes Lucy has a broken jaw.
3. When her mother is asked about the wigs that Lucy does not want to wear, how does she respond?
(a) Lucy refuses to wear them.
(b) The wigs do not fit.
(c) They are too expensive.
(d) They are ugly.
4. How old was Lucy when her family moved to the United States?
5. Why do most people not want to ask Lucy about her deformity?
(a) They don't want to hurt her feelings.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They do not care to know what is wrong.
(d) They are afraid of her.
6. Why does Lucy stand her ground against Joni Friedman?
(a) Joni is a bully and Lucy is tired of dealing with her.
(b) Joni is trying to steal the ball and Lucy knows it is her ball.
(c) Joni is teasing other students, so Lucy stands up for them.
(d) Joni is not good at sports, and Lucy knows this.
7. How does Lucy later learn why her mother wanted to buy her a wig?
(a) She is embarrassed to see her daughter's hair falling out.
(b) She was speaking to someone on the phone saying the wig fitting was the first time she had seen Lucy smile in some time.
(c) She does not want Lucy's head to get cold.
(d) She has changed her mind about wigs.
8. Into what ward is she moved?
(a) A ward with a group of anorexic teenage girls.
(b) A ward for those who are dying.
(c) A ward for those about to go home.
(d) A ward with other children with cancer.
9. Why does Lucy's insurance change?
(a) Her parents cannot afford the current company's premium.
(b) Her dad's company drops his insurance.
(c) Her dad loses his job at ABC and is hired by CBS.
(d) The insurance company drops her.
10. At what does Lucy become adept?
(a) Hiding her feelings from Derek.
(b) Being sneaky around the hospital.
(c) Controlling her emotions during tests and surgeries.
(d) Hiding her face from children behind a curtain of her own hair.
11. How does Lucy feel about her first experience of the hospital during that first surgery?
(a) She fears it.
(b) She is angered by it.
(c) She worries about it.
(d) She relishes it.
12. How does she feel about the fact that she might have been walking around looking like that without knowing it?
(d) Slightly embarrassed.
13. What does Lucy's family begin calling Friday?
(d) Freaky Friday.
14. When does Lucy miss a treatment?
(a) When she pretends to faint.
(b) When she gets pneumonia again.
(c) When she gets tetanus.
(d) Her blood work is off.
15. What do Lucy and this boy do around the hospital?
(a) Visit other sick children.
(b) Help out the nursing staff.
(c) Make friends with the doctors.
(d) Get into mischief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy become dependent on the drugs during this time in the hospital?
2. What does no one, even her boss, Ms. Daniels, seem to think is a bad idea?
3. How will Lucy feel about hospitals for the rest of her life?
4. Why does Lucy love to listen to the stormy weather?
5. How does Lucy feel about the first seconds of the first chemo treatment?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)