|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucy say that she got the job?
(a) As a result of knowing several of the girls who already work there.
(b) As a result of calling on the phone and not mentioning her disfigurement.
(c) As a result of meeting with the owner for an interview.
(d) As a result of e-mailing the owner about working there.
2. How old was Lucy when her family moved to the United States?
3. Why does Lucy stand her ground against Joni Friedman?
(a) Joni is a bully and Lucy is tired of dealing with her.
(b) Joni is teasing other students, so Lucy stands up for them.
(c) Joni is trying to steal the ball and Lucy knows it is her ball.
(d) Joni is not good at sports, and Lucy knows this.
4. For a brief period of time, where are her chemo medications stored?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) In her room.
(c) At home in the refrigerator.
(d) In a clinic down the street.
5. How is Lucy when her family comes to visit on her birthday?
(a) She is an emaciated shell of herself.
(b) Much improved.
(c) The same as before she had cancer.
(d) Somewhat weakened.
6. Why does Lucy's insurance change?
(a) Her dad loses his job at ABC and is hired by CBS.
(b) Her parents cannot afford the current company's premium.
(c) The insurance company drops her.
(d) Her dad's company drops his insurance.
7. How does Lucy describe the radiation treatments?
(a) As worrisome.
(b) As a breeze.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As painful.
8. Why do most people not want to ask Lucy about her deformity?
(a) They don't want to hurt her feelings.
(b) They are afraid of her.
(c) They do not care to know what is wrong.
(d) They are embarrassed.
9. Why is Lucy perplexed when her mother says she will buy her a wig if she wants one?
(a) Her family does not want her to cover her head.
(b) Her mother wants her to wear a hat.
(c) Her family is short on money, and wigs are expensive.
(d) Her mother does not like wigs.
10. How does Lucy's mother soothe her?
(a) By telling her that she loves her.
(b) By telling her she will be fine.
(c) By telling her she mustn't cry.
(d) By telling her to suck it up.
11. Who do not belong together for the long-term?
(a) The patient and his or her illness.
(b) The patient and doctor.
(c) The visitor and patient.
(d) The visitor and nursing staff.
12. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) Her hospital stay.
(b) Transportation to the hospital.
(c) Her chemo.
(d) In-home nursing care.
13. What is Lucy's family constantly facing?
(a) Ridicule from the neighbors.
(b) One problem after another.
(c) A law suit from Joni's family.
(d) Money problems.
14. What do Lucy and her mother do for the next two years?
(a) Drive into New York City every day for radiation and chemotherapy treatments.
(b) Enroll her in a program for children dealing with cancer.
(c) Enjoy each other's company.
(d) Help her catch up in her school work.
15. How is Lucy not accustomed to seeing her parents?
(a) Worried about her.
(b) Worried about the money they will need to spend on her surgeries.
(c) Confering with each other and deferring to authority.
(d) So sure of the decisions they need to make.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Lucy become obsessed?
2. How will Lucy feel about hospitals for the rest of her life?
3. How does Lucy react when her hair begins to fall out?
4. Of what does Lucy tell?
5. Looking back on her time in the hospital, how does she feel?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)