|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Lucy's family's oddities?
(a) She has many brothers and sisters.
(b) Her brother Sean has schizophrenia.
(c) Her parents.
(d) They live with many other relatives.
2. How does Lucy feel on Fridays?
(a) Sad that she cannot be as brave as her mother wants.
(b) Excited to get the treatment started.
(c) Anxiety over the chemo treatment.
(d) Worried about the chemo treatment.
3. Who was not Lucy's favorite visitor?
(a) Her friend, Jan.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
4. Why are Tuesdays the best days of the week?
(a) The worst part of the nausea has past.
(b) She can have visitors.
(c) She gets to eat solid foods.
(d) She has forgotten the pain of the chemo.
5. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) In-home nursing care.
(b) Her chemo.
(c) Transportation to the hospital.
(d) Her hospital stay.
6. Into what ward is she moved?
(a) A ward for those who are dying.
(b) A ward for those about to go home.
(c) A ward with other children with cancer.
(d) A ward with a group of anorexic teenage girls.
7. About whom does Lucy feel especially guilty?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
8. Who is Lucy's twin?
9. How does she feel about the fact that she might have been walking around looking like that without knowing it?
(a) Slightly embarrassed.
10. What do Lucy and this boy do around the hospital?
(a) Help out the nursing staff.
(b) Visit other sick children.
(c) Make friends with the doctors.
(d) Get into mischief.
11. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
(a) A boy named Darrell.
(b) A boy named Derek.
(c) A boy named Daniel.
(d) A boy named David.
12. Why does Lucy stand her ground against Joni Friedman?
(a) Joni is a bully and Lucy is tired of dealing with her.
(b) Joni is not good at sports, and Lucy knows this.
(c) Joni is trying to steal the ball and Lucy knows it is her ball.
(d) Joni is teasing other students, so Lucy stands up for them.
13. What happens when Lucy wakes in recovery?
(a) The surgery did not go as planned.
(b) She is feeling better than before surgery.
(c) She's hurting all over and finds she has had a tracheotomy.
(d) She finds out that Mary had lied to her about the pain.
14. How does Lucy later learn why her mother wanted to buy her a wig?
(a) She does not want Lucy's head to get cold.
(b) She was speaking to someone on the phone saying the wig fitting was the first time she had seen Lucy smile in some time.
(c) She is embarrassed to see her daughter's hair falling out.
(d) She has changed her mind about wigs.
15. As a younger child, what did Lucy want?
(a) To be normal.
(b) To be sick.
(c) To be special.
(d) To be beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy's family constantly facing?
2. At what does Lucy become adept?
3. What do the letters and cards say that Lucy begins receiving from people?
4. Why does she scratch herself with a rusty nail?
5. Why does Dr. Canton suggest emergency surgery?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)