|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12, Cool and Mirrors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lucy about six months later?
(a) Her teeth begin to fall out.
(b) Her jaw begins to deteriorate.
(c) Her face feels fine.
(d) Her face is swollen and hot.
2. What does Lucy create near the garage in what she calls "a small island of grass between the sea of driveway asphalt and the front walk of cement?"
(a) A "city."
(b) A "country."
(c) A "kingdom."
(d) A "village."
3. How does Lucy console herself?
(a) With the knowledge that she is beautiful on the inside.
(b) With the knowledge that someday her face will be beautiful.
(c) With the knowledge that her family loves her.
(d) With the knowledge that few people could have withstood the pain she's been through.
4. What does Dr. Baker propose?
(a) The pedestal method.
(b) Growing her skin in a petrie dish.
(c) Cutting skin from Lucy's hip and grafting it to her jaw.
(d) Taking skin from a corpse.
5. As she continues to battle through operations aimed at reconstruction, on what does she pin all her hopes?
(a) The face she believes she'll have someday.
(b) The next surgery will be better.
(c) The end of the surgeries.
(d) Someone will love her for who she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes an obsession?
2. What does no one, even her boss, Ms. Daniels, seem to think is a bad idea?
3. What does Lucy ask to do before she is fed liquid food down her feeding tube?
4. Why does Lucy say she no longer needs anyone to say anything to her?
5. With what does Lucy begin school at Sarah Lawrence?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)