|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12, Cool and Mirrors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does she hope to meet?
(a) Someone who can see past the lack of beauty and who can love her anyway.
(b) Someone who will be honest with her.
(c) Someone who dares to tease her.
(d) Someone who is not afraid of her deformity.
2. What do Lucy and her mother do for the next two years?
(a) Enroll her in a program for children dealing with cancer.
(b) Enjoy each other's company.
(c) Help her catch up in her school work.
(d) Drive into New York City every day for radiation and chemotherapy treatments.
3. How does Lucy's mother soothe her?
(a) By telling her she mustn't cry.
(b) By telling her she will be fine.
(c) By telling her that she loves her.
(d) By telling her to suck it up.
4. By the time Lucy has had three operations leading into the major surgery to remove the majority of her jawbone, how does she feel about pre-operative injections?
(a) She comes to welcome them.
(b) She does not think much about them.
(c) She comes to dread them.
(d) She is annoyed by them.
5. Who does Lucy meet in the hospital?
(a) A boy named David.
(b) A boy named Darrell.
(c) A boy named Derek.
(d) A boy named Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. She says that after that revelation, what does she do?
2. Why does Lucy like this nurse?
3. When Lucy looks the procedure up in a book, how does she find herself?
4. Why does Lucy often pull someone aside?
5. What does Lucy wonder about those without her deformity?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)