|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10, World of Unknowing and The Habits of Self-Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy begin to notice in her mouth?
(a) Missing teeth.
(d) Sore gums.
2. How many more weeks of chemo does Lucy's mother remind her she has?
3. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
(b) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
(c) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(d) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
4. Why is Lucy worried about putting up her hair to show the horses?
(a) She cannot use it to conceal her face.
(b) It will not look attractive on her.
(c) She cannot fit it into the helmet.
(d) She is afraid it will fall out.
5. What do Lucy's friends all wonder about her?
(a) If she is dying.
(b) If she feels pain.
(c) If she is going to return to school.
(d) If she will ever look normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lucy observes the actions of the other teenage girls working at the stables, to what conclusion does she come?
2. What has Lucy become unable to control?
3. How does Lucy feel about her first experience of the hospital during that first surgery?
4. What does she not understand?
5. How does she try to catch pneumonia again?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)