|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6, Life on Earth and Door Number Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy ask to do before she is fed liquid food down her feeding tube?
(a) Taste it.
(b) Brush her teeth.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Smell it.
2. When her mother is asked about the wigs that Lucy does not want to wear, how does she respond?
(a) The wigs do not fit.
(b) They are too expensive.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) Lucy refuses to wear them.
3. How does Lucy later learn why her mother wanted to buy her a wig?
(a) She is embarrassed to see her daughter's hair falling out.
(b) She has changed her mind about wigs.
(c) She was speaking to someone on the phone saying the wig fitting was the first time she had seen Lucy smile in some time.
(d) She does not want Lucy's head to get cold.
4. How does Lucy try to counter her weight loss?
(a) She stops exercising.
(b) She talks to a dietician.
(c) She forces herself to eat every fattening thing she can find.
(d) She eats only junk food.
5. When the insurance from her father's new job begins, why is she relieved?
(a) It means no more hospital stays or visits to the local clinic.
(b) It means no more rides in the ambulance or storing drugs at home.
(c) It means no more in-home nursing care or storing drugs at home.
(d) It means no more doctor's visits and rides in the ambulance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy want in regards to what the people in the letters and cards are talking about?
2. What does Lucy do when she recognizes her father's gait down the hall?
3. How is Lucy when her family comes to visit on her birthday?
4. What happens to Lucy as time passes?
5. How old was Lucy when her family moved to the United States?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)