|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10, World of Unknowing and The Habits of Self-Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The insurance that will not pay for some things does pay for what?
(a) Her hospital stay.
(b) In-home nursing care.
(c) Her chemo.
(d) Transportation to the hospital.
2. Why does Lucy say she no longer needs anyone to say anything to her?
(a) She can only imagine what they think of her.
(b) She is capable of beating down her self-esteem all by herself.
(c) She has heard enough to know what people think.
(d) She can read their minds.
3. Why can Lucy be glad of her face?
(a) It reveals the feelings of others.
(b) It shows who really cares about her.
(c) It keeps people from liking her for her looks.
(d) It makes the "error of earthly desire" evident.
4. What does Lucy create near the garage in what she calls "a small island of grass between the sea of driveway asphalt and the front walk of cement?"
(a) A "village."
(b) A "country."
(c) A "city."
(d) A "kingdom."
5. Into what ward is she moved?
(a) A ward with a group of anorexic teenage girls.
(b) A ward with other children with cancer.
(c) A ward for those who are dying.
(d) A ward for those about to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Tuesdays the best days of the week?
2. How often does Lucy visit her father during his hospital stay?
3. Why does Lucy do this?
4. When her mother is asked about the wigs that Lucy does not want to wear, how does she respond?
5. What does Lucy say about the grief she feels for her father?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)