Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
2. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
3. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
5. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)