|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
4. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
5. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)