|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
2. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
3. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
4. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
5. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)