|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
2. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
3. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
4. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
5. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
2. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
3. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
4. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
5. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
6. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
7. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
8. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)