|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
2. What did Symons dream about when he was living with Yeats?
3. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
5. What year did Yeats win the Nobel Prize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
2. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
3. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
6. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
7. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
8. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
9. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
10. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)