|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
2. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
3. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
4. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
5. What was Synge's final play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
2. Who was Michael Davitt?
3. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
4. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
5. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
6. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
7. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
8. How did the public treat Maud?
9. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
10. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)