|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
2. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
3. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
4. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
5. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
2. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
3. How did the public treat Maud?
4. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
5. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
6. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
7. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
8. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
9. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
10. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)