|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Synge's final play?
2. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
3. What was Maud's occupation?
4. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
5. What was Yeats told to avoid in his trance-like state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
2. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
3. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
4. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
5. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
6. Who was Michael Davitt?
7. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
8. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
9. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
10. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)