|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
2. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
3. How was Maud treated by the public?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
5. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
2. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
3. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
4. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
5. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
6. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
7. Who was Michael Davitt?
8. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
9. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
10. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)