Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
2. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
3. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
5. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)