|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
2. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
3. How was Maud treated by the public?
4. What did Yeats want to ask his best friend permission to do?
5. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)