|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Yeats use to describe Maud?
2. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
5. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
2. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
3. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
4. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
5. Who was Michael Davitt?
6. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
7. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
8. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
9. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
10. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 3
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)