|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
2. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
3. What was Synge's final play?
4. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
2. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
3. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
4. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
5. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
6. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
7. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
8. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
9. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
10. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)