|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
2. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
3. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
4. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
5. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
2. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
3. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
4. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
5. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
6. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
7. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
8. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
9. How did the public treat Maud?
10. Who was Michael Davitt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)