|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
3. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
4. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
5. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
2. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
3. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
4. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
5. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
6. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
7. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
8. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
9. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
10. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)