|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
4. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
5. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
2. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
3. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
4. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
5. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
6. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
7. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
8. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
9. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
10. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)