|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
2. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
3. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
4. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
5. What was O'Grady's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
2. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
3. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
4. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
5. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
6. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
7. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
8. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
9. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
10. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people included in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)