Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
2. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
3. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the public treat Maud?
2. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
3. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
6. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
7. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
8. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
Essay Topic 1
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people included in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)