|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Davidson die?
2. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
3. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
4. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
5. How did Yeats cure a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
2. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
3. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
4. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
5. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
6. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
7. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
8. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
9. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
10. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)