|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
4. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
5. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
2. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
3. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
4. Why did Yeats want to start his theater in the first place?
5. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
6. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
7. How did Yeats begin his theater endeavors?
8. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
9. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
10. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)