|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
2. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
4. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
5. What made Taylor so close to insane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
2. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
3. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
4. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
5. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
6. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
9. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
10. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)