|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
2. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
3. What did the theosophists talk about?
4. What made Taylor so close to insane?
5. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
2. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
3. Who was Michael Davitt?
4. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
5. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
6. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
7. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
8. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
9. Why did Yeats want to start his theater in the first place?
10. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)