|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Taylor gifted at?
2. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
3. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
2. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
3. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
4. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
5. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
6. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
7. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
8. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
9. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
10. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)