|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
2. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
3. What was O'Grady's first name?
4. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
5. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
2. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
3. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
4. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
5. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
6. Why did Yeats want to start his theater in the first place?
7. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
8. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
9. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
10. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main people were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)