|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
3. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
4. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
5. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
2. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
3. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
4. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
5. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
6. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
7. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
8. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
9. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
10. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)