|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
2. What was O'Grady's first name?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
4. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
2. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
3. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
4. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
5. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
6. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
7. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
8. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
9. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
10. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people included in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)