Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
2. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
3. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the public treat Maud?
2. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
3. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
6. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
7. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
8. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)