|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
2. What was Henley's occupation?
3. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
4. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
5. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
2. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
3. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
4. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
5. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
6. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
9. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
10. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the biography change the style of the narration?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)