|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
2. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
3. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
4. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
5. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
6. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
7. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
8. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
9. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
10. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)