Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
2. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
3. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the public treat Maud?
2. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
3. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
6. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
7. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
8. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people included in the book?
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)