Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
2. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
3. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the public treat Maud?
2. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
3. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
6. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
7. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
8. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)