|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
2. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
4. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
5. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
2. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
3. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
4. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
5. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
6. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
7. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
8. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
9. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
10. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)