|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
2. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
3. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
4. How did Yeats cure a boy?
5. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
2. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
3. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
4. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
5. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
6. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
7. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
8. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
9. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
10. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)