|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
3. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
4. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
2. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
3. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
4. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
5. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
6. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
9. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
10. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)