|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
2. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
3. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
4. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
5. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
2. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
3. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
4. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
5. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
6. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
7. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
8. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
9. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
10. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
Essay Topic 2
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people included in the book?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)