|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
2. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
3. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
4. How did Yeats cure a boy?
5. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
2. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
3. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
4. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
5. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
6. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
7. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
8. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
9. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
10. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main people in Yeats's life?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)