|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
2. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
3. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
4. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
5. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
2. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
3. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
4. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
5. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
6. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
7. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
8. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
9. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
10. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)