|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
2. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
3. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
4. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
5. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
2. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
3. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
4. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
5. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
6. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
9. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
10. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Yeats have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Yeats and Synge are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two authors.
Essay Topic 3
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four of these people and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the others around them.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)