|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
(b) Personal Belief.
(c) Internal thoughts.
(d) Religious Doctrine.
2. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Going on a speaking tour.
(b) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(c) Performing in a controversial play.
(d) Presenting a controversial work of art.
3. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
4. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
(d) Lady Gregory.
5. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
(b) It was on the road to perfection.
(c) It was too ornamental.
(d) It was very original.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
2. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
3. What did Yeats say was threatening the best parts of Ireland?
4. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
5. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)