|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
(a) Herr Man.
2. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
3. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
(a) War planes over head.
(b) Yeats's wedding.
(c) Synge's death.
(d) The fall of the English government.
4. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
(b) Lady Gregory.
5. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
(a) He was recognized.
(b) He heard one of his poems being quoted.
(c) He saw the man who lost the award.
(d) He saw a poster of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
2. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
3. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
4. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
5. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)