|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person did Yeats say the public did not understand about artists?
(a) Their process.
(b) Their genius.
(c) Their struggle.
(d) Their motives.
2. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
(a) Wrote letters.
(b) Signed petitions.
(c) Held rallies.
(d) Made personal visits.
3. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
4. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(a) Their jobs.
(d) Material things.
5. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
2. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
5. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
2. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
3. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
4. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
5. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
6. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
7. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
8. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
9. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
10. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)