|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
2. What was Maud's occupation?
3. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
4. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
(a) A publishing firm.
(b) A literary society.
(c) A new house.
(d) A theater.
5. How was Maud treated by the public?
(a) They were rude to her.
(b) Like a celebrity.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) Like a felon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
2. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
3. Why did the award winners return to their seats backwards after getting their prizes?
4. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
5. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
2. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
3. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
4. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
5. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
6. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
7. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
8. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
9. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
10. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)