|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yeats struggling to write when he met Lady Gregory?
(a) A play.
(b) A short story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A novel.
2. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Write volumes and volumes.
(c) Get sick.
3. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
(a) The Royal Palace.
(b) The National Convention Center.
(c) A fancy hotel.
(d) The docks.
4. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
(a) He did not want to hurt his feelings.
(b) He did not want to reveal the thoughts of death.
(c) He did not want to make him worry needlessly.
(d) He knew he would be denied.
5. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
2. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
3. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
4. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
5. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)