|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
2. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
(a) Personal Belief.
(b) Internal thoughts.
(c) Religious Doctrine.
3. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
(c) Hidden thoughts.
4. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
(a) Philosophy and Spiritualism.
(b) Politics and Government.
(c) Poetry and Literature.
(d) History and the Past.
5. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
2. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
3. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
4. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
5. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
2. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
3. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
4. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
5. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
6. How did the public treat Maud?
7. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
8. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
9. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
10. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)