|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
(d) Hidden thoughts.
2. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
(a) Herr Man.
3. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(b) Passengers on the boat.
(c) New from friends.
4. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Go to prison.
(c) Write volumes and volumes.
(d) Get sick.
5. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
(c) Short stories.
(d) Magazine articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moore's occupation?
2. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
3. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
4. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
5. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
2. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
3. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
4. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
5. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
6. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
7. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
8. How did the public treat Maud?
9. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
10. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)