|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
(a) His time in the theater.
(b) His time in the company of writers.
(c) His criticism.
(d) His love affairs.
2. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
3. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) Letters from his daughter.
(b) The marriage of his son.
(c) Visions from a friend.
(d) The publication of his book.
4. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
(a) The artist.
(b) The past.
(d) The subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
2. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
3. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
4. Who did Yeats think deserved his Nobel Prize more than himself?
5. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
2. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
3. How did the public treat Maud?
4. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
5. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
6. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
7. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
8. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
9. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
10. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)