|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(c) International matters.
2. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
(a) Signed petitions.
(b) Held rallies.
(c) Wrote letters.
(d) Made personal visits.
3. What did Lady Gregory promise to help Yeats raise money for?
(a) A theater.
(b) A publishing firm.
(c) A literary society.
(d) A new house.
4. What did Yeats say made Moore's writing improve?
(a) His criticism.
(b) His time in the theater.
(c) His love affairs.
(d) His time in the company of writers.
5. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A sign of strength.
(b) A prayer answered.
(c) A necessity.
(d) A weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Davitt want to protect?
2. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
3. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
4. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
5. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
2. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
3. How did the public treat Maud?
4. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
5. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
6. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
7. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
8. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
9. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
10. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)