|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
2. What did Synge accept just before he died?
(a) His impending death.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His lack of success.
(d) His estrangement from society.
3. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The stars.
4. Which of the following was NOT a gift given to Yeats by Lady Gregory?
(b) Leather chair.
(c) Pen set.
(d) Encouraging letters.
5. What was referenced many times in Synge's last play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
2. What was Maud's occupation?
3. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
4. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
5. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
2. How did the public treat Maud?
3. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
4. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
5. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
6. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
7. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
8. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
9. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
10. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)