|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(b) Family members.
(c) Poor peasants.
(d) Irish writers.
2. Who did Yeats ask to write a Gaelic play?
3. Where was the Nobel Prize reception held?
(a) A fancy hotel.
(b) The National Convention Center.
(c) The Royal Palace.
(d) The docks.
4. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
5. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
(a) The artist.
(b) The subject.
(c) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Yeats afraid to ask his best friend permission for something he wanted to do?
2. Who did Yeats think deserved his Nobel Prize more than himself?
3. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
4. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
5. What did Yeats say gave poetic words passion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
2. How did the public treat Maud?
3. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
4. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
5. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
6. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
7. Who was Michael Davitt?
8. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
9. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
10. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)