|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
(a) They needed a map to read good literature.
(b) They did not appreciate symbolism.
(c) They misinterpreted literature.
(d) They skipped over important details.
2. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
(a) The Globe Theater.
(b) The Abby Theater.
(c) The Longhorn International Theater.
(d) The English National Theater.
3. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
(d) Hidden thoughts.
4. What did Yeats say gave poetic words passion?
5. What impressed Yeats about the person who wrote a Gaelic play for him?
(a) They wrote all day long.
(b) They were open to critiques.
(c) They were fast and professional.
(d) Their plot line was so intricate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
2. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
3. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
4. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
5. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
2. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
3. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
4. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
5. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
6. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
7. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
8. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
9. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
10. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)