|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A necessity.
(b) A prayer answered.
(c) A sign of strength.
(d) A weakness.
2. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
(b) Short stories.
(d) Magazine articles.
3. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
(a) His feelings about literature.
(b) Irish Theater.
(c) His childhood.
(d) English History.
4. What did some of Yeats's friends all have dreams of?
(a) Yeats's wedding.
(b) War planes over head.
(c) Synge's death.
(d) The fall of the English government.
5. What did Yeats say a writer had to do to be appreciated?
(a) Write volumes and volumes.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Get sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
2. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
3. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
4. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
5. What did Yeats say the public lacked?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)