|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
2. What year did Yeats win the Nobel Prize?
3. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(b) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(c) Performing in a controversial play.
(d) Going on a speaking tour.
4. What two things did Yeats say were separate entities?
(a) Politics and Government.
(b) History and the Past.
(c) Philosophy and Spiritualism.
(d) Poetry and Literature.
5. What did Yeats say brought passion into paintings?
(a) The past.
(b) The subject.
(c) The artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
2. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
5. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
2. How did the public treat Maud?
3. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
4. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
5. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
6. Who was Michael Davitt?
7. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
8. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)