|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
(a) The marriage of his son.
(b) Letters from his daughter.
(c) Visions from a friend.
(d) The publication of his book.
2. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(a) Lady Gregory.
3. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
(a) Family members.
(b) Poor peasants.
(d) Irish writers.
4. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
5. Why was Yeats mad when the death of another writer got more attention than the death of Synge?
(a) The other writer had wronged Synge.
(b) The other writer was a felon.
(c) The other writer was not from Ireland.
(d) The writer was not as good as Synge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
2. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
3. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
4. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
5. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)