|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
(a) A burning flag.
(b) A tree.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A ship.
2. What was Moore's occupation?
(a) Theater owner.
3. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
4. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
(a) Hidden thoughts.
5. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(a) New from friends.
(d) Passengers on the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
2. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
3. Who almost ruined Yeats's plan to make the Gaelic play a success?
4. What did Synge accept just before he died?
5. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
2. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
3. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
4. Who was Michael Davitt?
5. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
6. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
7. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
8. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
9. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
10. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)