|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yeats say most people find in poetry?
(d) Hidden thoughts.
2. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
(a) Took the credit for their collaborative work.
(b) Had sordid love afffairs.
(c) Spread rumors about Lady Gregory.
(d) Imitated his writing style.
3. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
(a) The Globe Theater.
(b) The Longhorn International Theater.
(c) The Abby Theater.
(d) The English National Theater.
4. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
(a) Personal Belief.
(b) Internal thoughts.
(c) Religious Doctrine.
5. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Yeats win the Nobel Prize?
2. What did Yeats compare poetry to?
3. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
4. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
5. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
2. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
3. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
4. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
5. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
6. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
7. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
8. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
9. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
10. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)