|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(d) International matters.
2. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
(a) He saw a poster of himself.
(b) He saw the man who lost the award.
(c) He was recognized.
(d) He heard one of his poems being quoted.
3. How did most of Synge's friends view his acceptance?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A necessity.
(c) A prayer answered.
(d) A sign of strength.
4. What was the man sitting by Yeats at the reception so worried about?
(a) Returning home.
(b) Making a good impression.
(c) Being laughed at.
(d) Offending the royals.
5. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
2. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
3. What did Lady Gregory want Yeats to stop writing?
4. Which theater showed Synge's last play?
5. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
2. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
3. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
4. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
5. What happened when Yeats got to Stockholm, and how did he feel about this?
6. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
7. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
8. Who was Michael Davitt?
9. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
10. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)