|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
(a) Get critiques from different kinds of people.
(b) Live with different kinds of people.
(c) Write for more than one group of people.
(d) Observe different kinds of people.
2. What did Moore and Yeats do when they worked on plays together?
3. What did Moore want to become involved in?
4. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
5. What was Synge's final play?
(a) Deborah of the Sun.
(b) Darlene of the Secrets.
(c) Delilah of the Street.
(d) Deidre of the Sorrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
2. How did Yeats feel when he was around Lady Gregory?
3. What did Yeats talk about at the Royal Academy of Sweden?
4. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
5. What was Yeats humbled by when he got to Stockholm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
2. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
3. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
4. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
5. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
6. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
7. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
8. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
9. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
10. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)