|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about his writing after his first book was published?
(a) It was too ornamental.
(b) It was on the road to perfection.
(c) It was very original.
(d) It sounded like a stranger's voice.
2. What did Yeats say was invulnerable to misinterpretation?
(a) Internal thoughts.
(c) Religious Doctrine.
(d) Personal Belief.
3. What did Yeats say the world was too preoccupied with?
(c) Their jobs.
(d) Material things.
4. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
5. When did Yeats have the chance to protect Maud Gonne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Davitt want to protect?
2. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
3. What did a man tell Yeats when he was in a trance?
4. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
5. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
2. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
3. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
4. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
5. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
6. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
7. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
8. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
9. Who was Michael Davitt?
10. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)