|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats's brother spend much of his time doing?
2. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
(a) Spread rumors about Lady Gregory.
(b) Imitated his writing style.
(c) Took the credit for their collaborative work.
(d) Had sordid love afffairs.
3. What did Synge accept just before he died?
(a) His belief in God.
(b) His lack of success.
(c) His estrangement from society.
(d) His impending death.
4. What season did Yeats like to spend with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Moore want to become involved in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats want to do to make the Gaelic play a success?
2. What was Synge's final play?
3. Which part of education did Yeats think was insufficient?
4. What did Yeats say his work made him feel?
5. Why was Yeats hesitant to put Synge's last play on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
2. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
3. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
4. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
5. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
6. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
7. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
8. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
9. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
10. How did the public treat Maud?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)