|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the theaters in Ireland perform plays for?
(c) High charges.
(d) Food and other trade goods.
2. How did Yeats think a writer should learn to write about different kinds of people?
(a) Get critiques from different kinds of people.
(b) Observe different kinds of people.
(c) Live with different kinds of people.
(d) Write for more than one group of people.
3. Who did Yeats think was not appreciated during his life?
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) Her inheritance was taken away.
(b) Her son was killed.
(c) She lost part of her fortune.
(d) Her husband died.
5. Who did Yeats think deserved his Nobel Prize more than himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
2. How did Yeats travel to Stockholm?
3. Why did the award winners return to their seats backwards after getting their prizes?
4. Who was being considered for the Nobel Prize along with Yeats?
5. What did Moore do that made Yeats incredibly upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats say was the main difference between religion and spirituality?
2. How did Yeats feel when he found out he was being considered for the Nobel Prize of Literature?
3. What was Yeats usually feeling when he wrote in his diaries?
4. What two things was Yeats adamant about remaining separate from each other?
5. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
6. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
7. What was Yeats told while in a trance?
8. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
9. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
10. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)