|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when Synge's death went unnoticed?
2. What did Davitt think politicians could not understand?
(c) International matters.
3. What was Maud doing when she needed protection?
(a) Going on a speaking tour.
(b) Confronting a corrupt government official.
(c) Presenting a controversial work of art.
(d) Performing in a controversial play.
4. What did Yeats start worshiping after he was put in a trance?
(a) The sun.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The ocean.
5. What did Yeats say gave poetic words passion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats dream about when he was living with Symons?
2. What did Yeats say caused comedy in literature?
3. What did Lady Gregory help Yeats become?
4. What did Synge say helped him reach his acceptance?
5. What kind of guests did Lady Gregory like to have visit her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
2. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
3. What kind of speeches did Maud give when Yeats accompanied her?
4. What led Yeats to spend so much time with Lady Gregory?
5. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
6. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
7. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
8. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
9. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
10. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)