|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats get his limited knowledge of Sweden?
(b) Passengers on the boat.
(d) New from friends.
2. Who got mad at Moore when his plays became popular?
(c) Lady Gregory.
3. What did Yeats say happened when people lacked the depth of a writer?
(a) They skipped over important details.
(b) They needed a map to read good literature.
(c) They misinterpreted literature.
(d) They did not appreciate symbolism.
4. What caused Lady Gregory to move to her country estate?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) She lost part of her fortune.
(c) Her son was killed.
(d) Her inheritance was taken away.
5. Where did Yeats write about how his work made him feel?
(a) His plays.
(b) His diary.
(c) His poems.
(d) His letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Countess Cathleen?
2. How was Maud treated by the public?
3. What did Yeats say gave poetic words passion?
4. What did Yeats and Kady Gregory do to change the theater rule in Ireland?
5. What did Yeats say the writer had many of?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)