|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) To help him train for an event.
2. Where was Rhys from?
3. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
4. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
(c) Public affection.
(d) Voicing their opinions.
5. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He wrote about Irish legends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
2. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
3. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
4. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
5. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
2. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
3. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
4. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
5. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
6. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
7. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
8. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
9. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
10. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)