|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
2. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
3. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Bought copies of their books.
(b) Offered critiques.
(c) Limited their own recitations.
(d) Shared their own.
4. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Criticize them.
(b) Read their work.
(c) Copy their style.
(d) Applaud them.
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Literary Works Guild.
(b) The Poetry Circuit.
(c) The Poet's Corner.
(d) The Rhymer's Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
3. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
5. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
2. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
3. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
4. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
5. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
6. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
7. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
8. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
9. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
10. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)