|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Taylor so close to insane?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His paranoia.
(c) His rigid beliefs.
(d) His past experiences.
2. What was O'Grady's first name?
3. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His lunacy.
(b) His arrest.
(c) His sickness.
(d) His bad reputation.
4. What did the theosophists talk about?
5. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
2. How did Yeats cure a boy?
3. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
4. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
2. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
3. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
4. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
5. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
6. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
7. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
8. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
9. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
10. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)