|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
(a) He would have been obessed with it.
(b) He would have taken credit for it.
(c) He would have tried to change it.
(d) He would have hated it.
2. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) To help him train for an event.
(c) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
3. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He translated old work.
(b) He wrote about Irish legends.
(c) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(d) He went on campaigns.
4. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
5. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
(a) The Drifters.
(b) The Floaters.
(c) The Masters.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Henley's occupation?
2. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
4. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
5. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
2. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
3. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
4. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
5. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
6. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
7. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
8. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
9. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
10. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)