|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His old teacher.
(d) His father.
2. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
(a) His bad reputation.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His lunacy.
(d) His arrest.
3. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The moon.
(b) The age of man.
(c) The seasons in a year.
(d) A growing child.
4. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
5. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
(a) Traditional roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
2. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
3. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
4. Where was Rhys from?
5. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
2. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
3. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
4. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
5. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
6. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
7. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
8. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
9. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
10. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)