|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Gave him candy.
(b) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(c) Gave him marbles.
(d) Let him look at a sword.
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(b) He had a second-sighted maid.
(c) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
(d) He was a faith healer.
4. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(b) William Morris.
5. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
3. What did the theosophists talk about?
4. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
5. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
2. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
3. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
4. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
5. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
6. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
7. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
8. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
9. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
10. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)