|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the theosophists talk about?
2. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To give his son an education.
(c) To pursue his art.
(d) To visit a relative.
3. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
(a) Foretell the future.
(b) Sing songs in the midle of conversations.
(c) Quote fantasy conversations.
(d) Pretend to be God.
4. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats's sponsor live?
2. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
3. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
4. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
5. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
2. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
3. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
4. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
5. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
6. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
7. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
8. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
9. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
10. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)