|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was O'Grady's first name?
2. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
(a) To collect an inheritance.
(b) To visit a relative.
(c) To give his son an education.
(d) To pursue his art.
3. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) The green park.
(b) The British Museum.
(c) A church yard.
(d) An Aviary.
4. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Shared their own.
(b) Limited their own recitations.
(c) Offered critiques.
(d) Bought copies of their books.
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
(a) Let him run around outside for a minute.
(b) Gave him marbles.
(c) Let him look at a sword.
(d) Gave him candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
2. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
5. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
2. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
3. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
4. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
5. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
6. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
7. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
8. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
9. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
10. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)