|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
2. Where was Rhys from?
3. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
4. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) His wife.
5. How did Yeats cure a boy?
(a) Painted symbols on his face.
(b) Used faith healing.
(c) Had him stare at a symbol.
(d) Cleansed his aura.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
2. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
3. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
4. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
5. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
2. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
3. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
4. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
5. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
6. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
7. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
8. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
9. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
10. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)