|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mary Battle's occupation?
(b) Fortune teller.
2. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His servant.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He used opium.
(b) He was prejudiced.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was addicted to caffeine.
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(c) He translated old work.
(d) He went on campaigns.
5. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
2. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
3. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
4. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
5. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
2. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
3. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
4. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
5. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
6. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
7. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
8. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
9. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
10. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)