|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
(a) Cabbalistic symbols.
2. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
(a) A lost love.
(b) A dead mother.
(c) A pointless life.
(d) To ignite his imagination.
3. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
4. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. Where was Rhys from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
2. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
3. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
4. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
5. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
2. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
3. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
4. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
5. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
6. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
7. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
8. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
9. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
10. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)