|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Davidson die?
(a) He hung himself.
(b) He was shot by a burglar.
(c) He drowned himself.
(d) He caught Consumption.
2. What did Yeats have visions of?
(a) Strangely dressed women.
(b) Angels and demons.
(c) Naked children.
(d) Tall men.
3. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Read their work.
(b) Criticize them.
(c) Copy their style.
(d) Applaud them.
4. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
5. What was Taylor gifted at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the theosophists talk about?
2. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
3. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
4. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
5. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
2. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
3. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
4. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
5. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
6. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
7. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
8. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
9. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
10. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)