Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
2. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Criticize them.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Applaud them.
(d) Read their work.
3. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(b) Very well.
4. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
5. What did the members of the Rhymer's Club do to support each other's work?
(a) Bought copies of their books.
(b) Offered critiques.
(c) Limited their own recitations.
(d) Shared their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MacGregor say could trigger thoughts?
2. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
3. Where was Rhys from?
4. What was Taylor gifted at?
5. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Moore act when the theater ran into financial problems?
2. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
3. Who was Michael Davitt?
4. What did Yeats want to ask of Synge before his death, and why didn't he?
5. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
6. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
7. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
8. How did the public treat Maud?
9. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
10. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)