|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
2. How was Yeats's first play that was performed in England received?
(a) Very well.
3. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was a faith healer.
(b) He had a second-sighted maid.
(c) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(d) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
4. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He used opium.
(b) He was addicted to caffeine.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was prejudiced.
5. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would lose his business.
(b) He would cut his hand.
(c) He would be in a shipwreck.
(d) He would wear a strange hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
2. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
3. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
4. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
5. How did Yeats's teacher reward him when he did well in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
2. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
3. What did Lady Gregory do for Yeats?
4. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
5. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
6. Who was Michael Davitt?
7. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
8. What did Yeats say the duty of the writer was?
9. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
10. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)