|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Breaking a dish.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
2. What was Henley's occupation?
3. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
4. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
5. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(b) He had a second-sighted maid.
(c) He was a faith healer.
(d) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
2. Why did Yeats never express his feelings the first time he fell in love?
3. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
4. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
5. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
2. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
3. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
4. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
5. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
6. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
9. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
10. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)