|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(c) Greek and Latin.
2. What was Henley's occupation?
3. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
4. What did the theosophists talk about?
5. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was exactly right.
(b) It was wrong.
(c) It was too extreme.
(d) It was not logical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Taylor so close to insane?
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
4. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
2. What did Yeats write about in his letters to Lady Gregory?
3. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
4. What document was included in the last chapter of this book?
5. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
6. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
7. Who was hired to write a Gaelic play for the theater, and how did Yeats view this writer?
8. What did Yeats do to make the Gaelic play a success, and how was this plan almost ruined?
9. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
10. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)