|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him train for an event.
(b) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(c) To make better friends.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
2. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) Old castles.
3. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
4. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His addiction to alcohol.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His rude nature.
(d) His beliefs.
5. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
2. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
3. What did Yeats like to do most when he visited his grandparents?
4. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
2. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
3. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
4. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
5. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
6. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
7. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
8. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
9. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
10. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)