|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
3. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(a) Greek and Latin.
4. What was O'Grady's first name?
5. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) The seasons in a year.
(b) The age of man.
(c) A growing child.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats teach his sponsor about?
2. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
3. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
4. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
5. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
2. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
3. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
4. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
5. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
6. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
7. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
8. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
9. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
10. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)