|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Yeats what he taught his sponsor?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
2. What did Yeats pursue when he gave up physical pleasures?
3. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He met a preacher.
(d) He read the Bible.
4. Who did Yeats live with when he started the National Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
5. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(c) Logical flaws.
(d) Copied styles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
2. What did the theosophists talk about?
3. What were Johnson's religious beliefs?
4. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
5. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
2. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
3. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
4. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
5. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
6. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
7. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
8. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
9. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
10. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)