|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Poet's Corner.
(c) The Rhymer's Club.
(d) The Literary Works Guild.
2. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
3. What was Hyde unable to do to any artist?
(a) Applaud them.
(b) Copy their style.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Read their work.
4. What caused some of Yeats's family members to withdraw from his visits?
(a) His rude nature.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His addiction to alcohol.
5. What did Yeats think his writing was full of when he met MacGregor?
(a) Copied styles.
(d) Logical flaws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Yeats start the National Literary Society?
2. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
5. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
2. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
3. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
4. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
5. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
6. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
7. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
8. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
9. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
10. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)