|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats get the starving artist a job?
(a) An art school.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) An advertising company.
(d) A hospital.
2. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
(a) The Poetry Circuit.
(b) The Literary Works Guild.
(c) The Poet's Corner.
(d) The Rhymer's Club.
3. Why did the starving artist refuse the job that Yeats found for her?
(a) There were too many restrictions.
(b) It was too far from her home.
(c) She did not like her boss.
(d) It would not be true to her art.
4. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
(a) People's moods.
(b) People's dreams.
(c) People's thoughts.
(d) People's health.
5. What happened to make Yeats interested in religion?
(a) He read the Bible.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He met a preacher.
(d) He saw a pretty girl entering a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
4. What strange thing did Johnson do when he met Yeats?
5. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
2. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
3. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
4. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
5. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
6. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
7. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
8. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
9. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
10. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)