|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Yeats's grandparents live?
2. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(d) Small pox.
3. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
4. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
5. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
(a) His mother fell ill.
(b) His new play was not well received.
(c) Wilde was deported.
(d) His daughter died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
2. What kind of college did Hyde attend?
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
4. What was Yeats's grandfather's occupation?
5. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
2. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
3. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
4. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
5. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
6. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
7. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
8. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
9. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
10. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)