|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To make better friends.
(b) To find something he could excel at.
(c) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(d) To help him train for an event.
2. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(b) Small pox.
4. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His uncle.
5. Who did Yeats stay with in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Yeats and his sponsor do while they discussed what Yeats taught him?
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
3. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
4. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
5. What did Yeats's mother think people in London indulged too much in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yeats feel when he started seeing a medium to help him discover his character?
2. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
3. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
4. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
5. What did Yeats think of his first seance?
6. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
7. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
8. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
9. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
10. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)