|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Yeats watch react to instincts when he was an older man?
(a) His servant.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
2. Where did Yeats meet MacGregor?
(a) A church yard.
(b) An Aviary.
(c) The British Museum.
(d) The green park.
3. What was Henley's occupation?
4. What helped Yeats break free from imitating his father's style?
(b) A dream.
(d) A talk with a teacher.
5. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
(a) Dreams from his youth.
(b) Strange childhood events.
(c) His father's rigidness.
(d) The teaching of a college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
2. Where did Yeats like to sleep at night while in Dublin?
3. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
4. What did Yeats think of most of the people who joined his poetry society?
5. What caused Wilde to lose respect in his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
2. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
3. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
4. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
5. How did Yeats begin his theater endeavors?
6. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
7. What did the Nobel winners do after receiving their awards, and why?
8. What was Synge's last play, and how was it received?
9. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
10. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)