|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnson's biggest vice?
(a) He used opium.
(b) He was addicted to caffeine.
(c) He was prejudiced.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
2. Which lessons did Yeats's father think were the most important for his son to learn?
(d) Greek and Latin.
3. What was the boy that Yeats cured sick with?
(c) Small pox.
4. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would cut his hand.
(b) He would be in a shipwreck.
(c) He would lose his business.
(d) He would wear a strange hat.
5. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He went on campaigns.
(c) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
(d) He translated old work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the theosophists talk about?
2. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
3. Why was Yeats happy that O'Leary was dead before Playboy of the Western World was presented?
4. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
5. Who died while Wilde was in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
2. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
3. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
4. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
5. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
6. What was MacGregor obsessed with when he lived in Paris?
7. What did Yeats think caused the poets he knew to be so tragic?
8. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
9. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
10. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)