|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a schoolmate teach Yeats to box?
(a) To help him train for an event.
(b) To make better friends.
(c) To help him defend himself from bullies.
(d) To find something he could excel at.
2. Who did Shaw blame when his play was received badly?
(a) The producers.
(b) The audience.
(c) The actors.
(d) The government.
3. What did Yeats once predict about his grandfather?
(a) He would lose his business.
(b) He would be in a shipwreck.
(c) He would wear a strange hat.
(d) He would cut his hand.
4. Who often shared Yeats's visions?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His uncle.
5. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Yeats family move after they lived in Dublin?
2. What word did Yeats use to describe his medium?
3. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
4. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
5. What did Yeats say got him interested in studying what he taught his sponsor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
2. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
3. What helped Yeats find his own voice?
4. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
5. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
6. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
7. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
8. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
9. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
10. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)