|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hyde promote Irish literature?
(a) He wrote about Irish legends.
(b) He translated old work.
(c) He went on campaigns.
(d) He attended all assemblies for Irish work.
2. What political belief did Yeats begin to explore after his move from Dublin?
3. What did Yeats see that visions affected?
(a) People's thoughts.
(b) People's moods.
(c) People's dreams.
(d) People's health.
4. Who did Yeats live with while in London?
5. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yeats's father move to England?
2. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
3. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
4. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
5. Why did Dowson say he drank so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
2. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
3. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
4. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
5. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
6. What kind of work was considered for sponsorship in the National Literary Society?
7. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
8. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
9. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
10. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)