|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject was the Rhymer's club fixated on?
2. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(d) William Morris.
3. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
(a) He was a faith healer.
(b) He was familiar with Yeats's medium.
(c) He had a second-sighted maid.
(d) He had seen his mother raised from the dead.
4. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
(a) A growing child.
(b) The age of man.
(c) The seasons in a year.
(d) The moon.
5. What did Yeats's father do to get Yeats to improve his studies after moving to Dublin?
(a) Threatened him.
(b) Got him a tutor.
(c) Rewarded him.
(d) Taught him at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a short story about a man questioning God about life?
2. What was MacGregor studying when Yeats met him?
3. What did Yeats's sponsor hate talking about?
4. Whose writings did Ellis introduce Yeats to?
5. What was the name of the poetry society Yeats formed with Rhys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Morris remind Yeats of, and what did Morris teach Yeats?
2. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
3. How did Yeats feel about Oscar Wilde when he met the famous author?
4. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
5. How did Yeats's opinion of Russel change when he saw him with the theosophists?
6. What happened when Yeats fell in love for the first time?
7. When did Yeats start his interest in spiritual things?
8. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
9. How did Yeats meet Dowden, and what did Dowden teach Yeats?
10. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)