|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminded Yeats of his grandfather?
(a) William Morris.
2. How was Russell seen among the theosophists?
(a) The sponsor.
(b) The leader.
(c) The follower.
(d) The teacher.
3. What did the general's nephew ask to not be served during a visit?
4. What strange idea did Henley embrace just before his death?
5. What was the only thing Yeats's grandmother ever punished him for?
(a) Swearing in front of a girl.
(b) Breaking a dish.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Having a snack too close to bedtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats's medium call the spirits she got her information from?
2. How did Davidson die?
3. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
4. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
5. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Yeats affected by his friendship with O'Leary?
2. How did Yeats feel about the people who joined his poetry club?
3. How did the theosophists feel about Mr. Russel?
4. How did Yeats feel when he learned more about his spiritual side?
5. What did Yeats realize while watching his daughter when he was an older man?
6. What did Shaw blame for the poor reception of his first play in England, and how was this received?
7. How did Yeats view Bernard Shaw after getting to know him?
8. What did Henley do to help Yeats find his identity?
9. How did Yeats heal the boy with smallpox?
10. How were Yeats's grandfathers different in their personalities?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)