|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rhys from?
2. Who was president of the Young Ireland Society?
3. What caused Johnson to be poor and destitute?
4. Who was the president of the Literary Society?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
5. What did Yeats think every man had the ability to do?
(a) Think philosophically.
(c) Express himself.
(d) Have visions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Yeats say was perfect in his writing?
2. Who sponsored Yeats's books after the Society didn't?
3. What did many of Wilde's friends encourage him to do?
4. Where was Playboy of the Western World presented?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lived across the street from Yeats when his family moved to Bedfield Park?
2. What was Yeats happy about when Synge's last play was performed?
3. How did Yeats feel about literature education?
4. How did Synge feel about his impending death, and how was this viewed by his friends?
5. What special gift did Russel have that he used to help other people?
6. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
7. What did Moore do that irritated Yeats most of all?
8. Why did Yeats want to start his theater in the first place?
9. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
10. Who did Yeats get to be his sponsor, and what kind of man was he?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)