|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yeats often think of his father's opinion?
(a) It was not logical.
(b) It was wrong.
(c) It was exactly right.
(d) It was too extreme.
2. Where was Rhys from?
3. What did MacGregor teach Yeats about?
4. How did Yeats feel as he learned more about his spiritual psyche?
5. What did Yeats blame for his logical style?
(a) His Irish descent.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yeats compare the phases of literature to?
2. What happened that made Henley deeply depressed?
3. What playwright did Yeats enjoy when he returned to Bedford Park?
4. What did Yeats's fellow poets use to analyze their poetry?
5. How was Yeats's sponsor familiar with Mysticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so controversial about Countess Cathleen?
2. How did Mary Battle display her second sight before Yeats came to live at the house?
3. Why did Wilde refuse to run away when he had the chance?
4. How did Hyde and O'Grady help to promote Irish literature?
5. Why did Yeats dream of building a theater?
6. What was the story an old acquaintance told Yeats while he was in Paris?
7. What document was included in the last chapter of this book?
8. How did Yeats begin his theater endeavors?
9. What was Yeats thinking about while he was being presented to the Royal Family?
10. What did Yeats say was ruining the Ireland he loved?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)